Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Garbage bag could happen due to the "why so serious" scene. Nurse Joker, haven't they talked about?

Clean make up, doesn't cop Joker count?

DX 3.0 is actually going to be a tribute to DX01, where the sculpt will look as close as possible to DX01's sculpt. And they will fail to match the likeness.

Clean makeup Sculpt.

Nurse Joker.

Garbage bag Joker

+ broken pool stick.................

Even if Heath Ledger's family gave permission for an action figure of Ledger in a body bag - and you might want to imagine how such a proposal could be put to them - I can't see that the demand is there for a figure of the Joker with his eyes closed, other than in a laughing sculpt.

I was kind of joking. Just throwing out all the options left.

By clean make up I meant one that's not messy like interrogation. Like Mob scene makeup (DX01 style).

Even if Heath Ledger's family gave permission for an action figure of Ledger in a body bag - and you might want to imagine how such a proposal could be put to them - I can't see that the demand is there for a figure of the Joker with his eyes closed, other than in a laughing sculpt.

"Now, our operation is small, but there's a lot of potential for 'aggressive' expansion."

thedarkknight20081080pblq8.jpg

Ha. Sounds about right.

Joking aside, I still think the DX01 sculpt is HT's best attempt yet.

I would love to agree with you because I too prefer the 'clean' look and particularly where the white make up actually is white. However, for me the sculpt makes him look kind of crabby without being menacing. The full horror of the Joker's personality is captured best by DX11, IMHO.

Maybe a repaint of the DX11 with a mob scene paint job would work.

I genuinely wonder if any of us even doubt that.

It will happen, people will complain, and most of us will buy it.

And so it goes.

And yet, just today I've seen another reason why this character is so fascinating and iconic - the 'Ultron' trailer with yet another villain who seems (based on a few seconds of footage, admittedly) in some way inspired by Ledger's performance.

And yet, just today I've seen another reason why this character is so fascinating and iconic - the 'Ultron' trailer with yet another villain who seems (based on a few seconds of footage, admittedly) in some way inspired by Ledger's performance.

At the very end of the movie, Ultron is gonna be hanging, upside down, by a...wait for it...string.

Ledgers performance (as good as it was) was also inspired by some iconic performances/characters.
Tom waits, Brandon Lee in the Crow (even the head out the window in the rain) and many others.

My knock off Joker outfit arrived today from China and it's made me appreciate my DX11 so much more... I was experiencing some slight buyer's remorse over it, until I compared the KO with the DX11. Wow. It's possible that the KO is actually a DX1 outfit (someone here suggested that) but the difference is still stunning. It's hard to put it into words, but it's the cut, the stitching, the whole feel of the thing. There are obvious differences (the KO comes with a big clunky gold chain) but the real differences are very subtle. I bought the KO for the laughing sculpt and any good custom sculpt that comes out, but it's made me so glad I got the DX11.

Incidentally, can anyone tell me a good KO body for my KO Joker outfit?

I would be happy with a 3.0 release, but by the time it is released I will have a 2.0 by then.

Back