Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you mean it doesn't look like the same sculpt? What sculpt are you talking about and pic are you comparing it to? I have compared a pic of Joker to the DX01 which never had a smirk to begin with. :confused:

I can see why you hate it but it is one of the common expressions he used in the movie to bring the Joker character to life! I think if Hot Toys didn't use it, the head sculpt would look less like the Joker character in the film. :dunno

Sorry, I should have specified I guess. I was referring to the first 2 pics that you posted. Maybe it's me but I don't see the smirk in that sculpt like I do on other pics. It could be the angle or something if that actually is the DX11 head.

And I only remember a few scenes where he smirked. Most of the time it was serious or a huge smile.

Honestly I feel like ever since the BR Joker, HT has gotten close to perfect with every single Joker head sculpt they've made. That said, I prefer the DX 11 the most simply because of how much personality it has. Heath's Joker was so lively in the film (having watched it recently again, his facial expressions looked so dynamic), and I just find most of the other HS to be lifeless in comparison to the DX 11's smirk. Even with the brilliant likeness on the EB sculpt, I'd trade that for the smirk and decent likeness of the DX 11 simply because the expression on the EB sculpt looks too serious and borderline dull.

I just think EB sculpt suffers from horse face. Way to long. Otherwise I think it looks good.

Not exactly. I woke up with this idea...Joker in the comics now has his face cut off and is wearing it as a mask like Leatherface, so what if Ledger's Joker went down the same path? ****ed up, psychotic, nasty *** Ledger Joker.

Sorry, I should have specified I guess. I was referring to the first 2 pics that you posted. Maybe it's me but I don't see the smirk in that sculpt like I do on other pics. It could be the angle or something if that actually is the DX11 head.

Oh I didn't post the DX11 pics those first 2 pics were the Bank Robber Joker pics.

I just think EB sculpt suffers from horse face. Way to long. Otherwise I think it looks good.

I would agree with all that. :1-1:

Not exactly. I woke up with this idea...Joker in the comics now has his face cut off and is wearing it as a mask like Leatherface, so what if Ledger's Joker went down the same path? ****ed up, psychotic, nasty *** Ledger Joker.

this is awesome. would love to see this ~ would love to see even a comic-style joker like this.

The unused concepts for TDK get you most of the way there. I think if Ledger had been in the third film we might have seen the character move in this direction. He looks far more dangerous.

111px-Tdk-aug10-joker-concept-art.jpg
176px-Tdk-aug10-joker-concept-art-2.JPG
142px-Tdk-aug10-joker-concept-art-3.JPG

that sounds like a really fun idea, cr0w. i'm really digging the current joker run in batman. cant wait for the final issue but sad it's ending. snyder's run on the book has been pretty epic. hope he and capullo stay on board for a while.
i had a similar idea regarding a ledger/joker bash in the current comic style but less extreme than what i imagine you're going for. look forward to your pics.

that sounds like a really fun idea, cr0w. i'm really digging the current joker run in batman. cant wait for the final issue but sad it's ending. snyder's run on the book has been pretty epic. hope he and capullo stay on board for a while.
i had a similar idea regarding a ledger/joker bash in the current comic style but less extreme than what i imagine you're going for. look forward to your pics.

I'm excited about the idea, but I know I'm going to fail at it. :Lol

Will be a fun project though.

his face is such a mess ~ how can you fail? i think it'll have to be awesome no matter what it looks like.

: D

Yikes! Gonna have to look that up...

exquisitely hideous. there was a great issue where it was whipping around his head and he put it on upside down.

wonderfully revolting.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think it's too far. Just feels like they're trying to top Heath Ledger's scars.

It actually even turns me off to Heath's Joker a bit. Just feels like a sign of the times. Nothing is gross or violent enough for anyone anymore.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think it's too far. Just feels like they're trying to top Heath Ledger's scars.

It actually even turns me off to Heath's Joker a bit. Just feels like a sign of the times. Nothing is gross or violent enough for anyone anymore.

It is too far.

Joker is ****ed in the head, not the face. I remember thinking the Nicholson Joker deformity with the ghastly bullet wound/plastic surgery was too much. Then the Ledger Joker had the bubbly cheek wounds. Those two are about as far as it should go along with the chemical dip or face paint.

Slicing off your face though? That's stupid. I can't get into that. Glad I don't read comics or what's going on currently in Batman's comic world.

Back