Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea they are rare I guess. I couldn't find them anywhere. The only ones I saw on ebay were those with the michael scofield headsculpt and the larger thighs. The christmas present ones.

Thanks for the link!

Toys2 mentioned that they are getting some more TTs in soonish but not sure if it's the new narrow or still the old batch.

I dropped by Toys2 today again to snatch something for a quick fix and asked about TTs again. In his opInion HT is falling behind schedule so they will likely dedicate all their resources to the main releases and not as much to TTs :( well at least when they release Arnie I will be able to free up a TT narrow

Is this a good deal for the first Joker? Or can it be found cheaper?

Batman Dark Knight - The Joker 1:6 Scale
ir

Down to 58$ now at 21 new at amazon, can't beat that i guess.

i have 66 version of batman figures some dating right bk to 89 some from new dark knight collection have to sell them on because i am moving if any one intrested message me on [email protected] and i will foward on pictures to you

I have just a few questions here. I bought the loose parts to make up the Police Joker recently and now I'm trying to get a body for it but I'm not quite sure about how these head-with-neck sculpts work, none of my other figures have them. The picture below is of a parted TTM-09 Slim Body (the one that sold with a blonde head). Does the Police Joker head just connect into this body as it appears in the picture or is there another part that goes in between? If another piece is required, is this other piece the one in the next picture with the red border?

Here's how I'm guessing it goes, you correct me if I'm wrong. The body pictured has just a ball type joint coming out the neck and the Police Joker head wont connect to that. The little piece pictured with the red border pops into the neck ball and only then the Joker head fits, yes?

If this is so, the only TrueType body that sold new with this extra neck piece is the TTM08, yes? So even if I found a TTM09 new I still have to go out and buy this little neck piece to fit the Police Joker?

3811798896_8d80dd059d.jpg

!Bq!(gCwBGk~$(KGrHqIH-DwEuZCwWVBnBLt4CNjt8g~~_12.JPG

FYI: The DX Joker (both the clown version AND the Cop version) don't use a slim TT. They use a narrow shoulder TT. The Clown version looks good with a regular TT as well (Cop Joker not so much IMO). So you might wanna rethink using a slim TT for your Cop Joker since the clothes will probably be too big for that body.

Here's how I'm guessing it goes, you correct me if I'm wrong. The body pictured has just a ball type joint coming out the neck and the Police Joker head wont connect to that. The little piece pictured with the red border pops into the neck ball and only then the Joker head fits, yes?

Yes.. that's how you would normally attach a head sculpt with a sculpted neck to a TT.

If this is so, the only TrueType body that sold new with this extra neck piece is the TTM08, yes?

No. Regular True Types come with that neck adapter too. Like the relaunch versions:

360CAUCASIAN%20302x439_200DPI.jpg

Thank you for that. Yeah, I realised DX used the narrow shoulder TT but they seem quite difficult to come across for a reasonable price at the moment and so I thought, perhaps just temporarily, I would go with a slim TT, I can find a few of them reasonably priced right now and I thought I'd seen others using them with their Police Joker. At the moment, too, someone is selling a DX bundled with a slim body and I'm leaning towards going with that - after receiving the Police Joker parts I've been thinking perhaps after all I'd like the regular Joker too. If I do do that, I'll see about switching the bodies around as you suggest, yes.

Been a while since I've posted pictures of this guy, but I finally sucked it up and decided to do some painting on the head sculpt, since I was never 100% happy with the factory paint job. Mainly the black "tears" and the overdone cracks in the makeup. Here are the results.

joe1.jpg

joe2.jpg

joe3.jpg

joe4.jpg

Been a while since I've posted pictures of this guy, but I finally sucked it up and decided to do some painting on the head sculpt, since I was never 100% happy with the factory paint job. Mainly the black "tears" and the overdone cracks in the makeup. Here are the results.

Dunno, those are what make the factory paint look so great IMO. :dunno

But your repaint looks nice too. :)

The tears I can see, but all the small spots that were almost as numerous as pores on the factory paint just looked like he had leprosy to me. ;) Plus I didn't like how shiny it was...didn't look like makeup.

Back