Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thing is, the store is barely the size of a parking spot ok maybe 2 and its considered large in HK especially in that Shopping "Building" but I can't imagine them really having the room to do any major unveiling besides handing over the goodies. I went last year and saw real nice stuff displayed but they don't permit photography :(

I'm picturing a zombiesque scenario with a bunch of drooling fans pawing at the windows...well...at least thats what id be doing...

You're probably not too far off on that one! Yep, if I was there, I probably would've slept in my car all night, then stand outside the store the whole day just staring at the proto in the window until they opened. Either that, or got a life! :lol

Thing is, the store is barely the size of a parking spot ok maybe 2 and its considered large in HK especially in that Shopping "Building" but I can't imagine them really having the room to do any major unveiling besides handing over the goodies. I went last year and saw real nice stuff displayed but they don't permit photography :(

The size of the store being the size of a full parking spot is just about right... maybe a tad longer. Definetly no space there for any type of launch party. The whole building is filled with toy shops and really cramped (by US standards). The only other shop that is larger in that mall is Superman Toys, but they specialize in Japanese and vinyl releases.

Is the "Official" unveiling from the store or from HT!? Like maybe updated pics of the actual figure on their Facebook page or the HT site!?

7433_144881507343_58690437343_3090053_6605713_n.jpg

Somebody over at another forum translated this as saying:

"it means HT invites public to see their launching of Joker DX Version (9/26 4-8pm) at HongKong CMTA plaza Toy Hunters Outlet....and PERS System will be demonstrated by their skill workers...."

I wonder if this CMTA plaza is the same place you guys are talking about?

7433_144881507343_58690437343_3090053_6605713_n.jpg

Somebody over at another forum translated this as saying:

"it means HT invites public to see their launching of Joker DX Version (9/26 4-8pm) at HongKong CMTA plaza Toy Hunters Outlet....and PERS System will be demonstrated by their skill workers...."

I wonder if this CMTA plaza is the same place you guys are talking about?

Yeah we are talking about the same same store and I just found a pic posted by HT on their website where you pretty much see half of the store :)
abtpic.jpg

I am not 100% but I found the store last year because it was listed on the HT site before as their main dealer.

If they intend to demo PERS in that booth I guess they can have like 3 ppl see it at the same time :) But their display is stunning! Or at least it was before I got into this hobby and this site where everyone here seems to have a display at home

Is the "Official" unveiling from the store or from HT!? Like maybe updated pics of the actual figure on their Facebook page or the HT site!?

That'd be nice, but if they were doing more pictures, I'd think they'd have been in the newsletter, the wow of the store unveiling is it's live and the first chance to see him outside of glass and put to use instead of just posed on a shelf and left there.

Yeah we are talking about the same same store and I just found a pic posted by HT on their website where you pretty much see half of the store :)
https://www.hottoys.com.hk/skins/basic/customer/images/abtpic.jpg
I am not 100% but I found the store last year because it was listed on the HT site before as their main dealer.

Yes, its called CMTA plaza, its 5-6 floors of small toy shops. In that photo I can safely assume the photographer has their back pressed against the back wall of the shop. That's about how "small" (its one of the bigger stores in the mall) the shop is.

It's really hard to read the flyer and I wish there was a bigger image, I could easily translate it. All I can read is there is a demo of the figure. Most of the text is too small and blurry to make out. There is NO indication that the DX Joker is going to be on sale.

That'd be nice, but if they were doing more pictures, I'd think they'd have been in the newsletter, the wow of the store unveiling is it's live and the first chance to see him outside of glass and put to use instead of just posed on a shelf and left there.

So basically we're at the mercy of someone hopefully taking pics AND posting them.

I feel like a junkie right now. :lol

Yes, its called CMTA plaza, its 5-6 floors of small toy shops. In that photo I can safely assume the photographer has their back pressed against the back wall of the shop. That's about how "small" (its one of the bigger stores in the mall) the shop is.

It's really hard to read the flyer and I wish there was a bigger image, I could easily translate it. All I can read is there is a demo of the figure. Most of the text is too small and blurry to make out. There is NO indication that the DX Joker is going to be on sale.

Are YOU in HK?? Will YOU be providing us with pictures??? :chew

Are YOU in HK?? Will YOU be providing us with pictures??? :chew

Sorry, no I'm not in HK... I've just been there a few times. I was trying to dig up a pic of the store front... the massive display of all their products. I'm just waiting here like the rest of you!

Two stops I'd love to make are to Toys2 in Toronto, since 90% of my purchases have been through them, and to the Hot Toys Store in Hong Kong. Hopefully, next year. :)

Two stops I'd love to make are to Toys2 in Toronto, since 90% of my purchases have been through them, and to the Hot Toys Store in Hong Kong. Hopefully, next year. :)

Toys2.......Toronto.......isn't that in the US? I thought they were in Asia

I wish I could show you at least Eric's picture as I snapped one the Toronto FanExpo but he made me promise not to :(
Yeah and Eric store is really authentic Hong Kong style in terms of both size and how much is packed in that space!

Well HT already announced it in the newsletter, so........

Oh, here's a 'larger' version for you.

dxjoker.jpg

Back