1/6 Hot Toys - MMS Diecast - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a negative, it should be perfect. I had sideshow ship me a new helmet and leg because of scuffing and actual paint rub off on mine.

Great figure, but hands down the worst case of garbage Hot Toys glue I have ever experienced. Everything -- I mean everything that had a magnet attached just fell off. I'm talking both sets of trap armor and the faceplates.

Great figure, but hands down the worst case of garbage Hot Toys glue I have ever experienced. Everything -- I mean everything that had a magnet attached just fell off. I'm talking both sets of trap armor and the faceplates.

That's not very reassuring! So far I've had to re-glue the shoulder plate magnets back on. By what your saying, I'll be re-gluing a lot more pieces.

Got the idea from user yongbum73 on Instagram after seeing their post. Good idea to put that stock HT stand to use. Definitely not going nowhere. Zip tied the ankles together as well as the post that holds the rocket launcher to the metal crotch grabber post. Make sure you hook the crotch grabber right above the legs at the rear and it's good to go.

IMG-4269.jpg

IMG-4274.jpg

IMG-4275.jpg

IMG-4276.jpg

IMG-4277.jpg

Zip... zip tie?? How about using some putty between the ankles.. it's non destructive. Cool pose though.

Zip... zip tie?? How about using some putty between the ankles.. it's non destructive. Cool pose though.

Appreciate it. Yeah I opted to use a zip tie. Not sure how destructive that would be. Just hard plastic securing some painted metal. Battle damage if it does. Besides, I don’t plan on taking it down unless I have to box it up.

Appreciate it. Yeah I opted to use a zip tie. Not sure how destructive that would be. Just hard plastic securing some painted metal. Battle damage if it does. Besides, I don’t plan on taking it down unless I have to box it up.

Incredible pose Sphinxman! Full use of all the contained fx, without a bendy flight arm base! Do you feel that it is stable on display, or is it easy to tip over? I caved in on getting this one and he is arriving Friday. Great images!

It's stable potatoes. It's been in that position since the day I posted it so I think it's good to go. I wouldn't worry about it falling over unless its bumped or something.

It's stable potatoes. It's been in that position since the day I posted it so I think it's good to go. I wouldn't worry about it falling over unless its bumped or something.

Dope pose!

But wait a second, maybe I'm not seeing it, but how is that figure primarily supported? It's definitely not the 2 prongs latched into Iron Man's butt is it?

Yeah the figure is hooked in the rear with the 2 prongs from the stand, but the top of the plastic support stand is a bit wide due to the attachment for that accessory for the rocket. So that supports the knees and like I mentioned earlier you want to have those ankles together to keep it that way. It's sturdy so I wouldn't be afraid about it falling over.

Thanks Sphinxman-- I missed out on him on the first run, and said I wouldn't pick up another IM again...uuuuntil I saw your photos! haha Cannot wait to have him in hand and try this out!

Cool man. This was my OG 47, so I said what the hay and threw him up in that pose once I saw it. Definitely worked out and glad it pushed you to welcoming and adopting another IM into your home. haha

Does this guy's chest not come off?

It's removable:

The 1/6th scale Mark XLVII Collectible Figure specially features:
? Authentic and detailed likeness of Mark XLVII in Spider-Man: Homecoming
? Newly painted head sculpt with authentic likeness of Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark in the movie
? Movie-accurate facial features with detailed beard, wrinkles and skin texture
? One (1) interchangeable helmeted head with LED light-up function (white light, battery operated)
? One (1) interchangeable empty helmet with detachable mask
? Approximately 32 cm tall
? Contains diecast material
? Over 30 points of articulations
? Special features on armor:
? Metallic red, gold, silver and dark silver colored painting on the sleek and streamline Mark XLVII armor design
? 28 LED light-up points throughout parts of the armor (white light, battery operated)
? One (1) pair of interchangeable shoulder armor (regular, missile firing)
? One (1) pair of interchangeable forearm armor (regular, missile firing)
? Fully deployed air flaps at back of the armor
? One (1) chest armor (can be detached to reveal interior mechanical design)
? Four (4) pairs of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of hands with articulated fingers and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) pair of battle palms with light-up repulsor (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) pair of hands with real-like thrust fire effect
? Articulations on waist armor which allow flexible movement
? Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

this is my first foray into the world of 1/6 Hot Toys Figures.This is my haul from Jan11th-Feb 10th.
My waitlist for Spider-Man and Iron Man Homecoming Converted in Jan.Gamora being the last to arrive about 11 Days ago.

Being that I have never collected and do not have any Movie related Statues in my 1/3 scale collection.I figured I would start with some of the Figures I felt captured the best likeness of the Actor/Character.I have no desire to amass a huge collection.But there are a couple of others I will add to these.
As I have no Display set up yet for these,they will go back in their packing until I do.So this is right out of the box.

MMS427-D19 Iron Man XLVll Homecoming Diecast.Gotta' say the RDJ head sculpt on this is phenomenal.Although I wanted the MK4 which is my favorite Armor after getting this in hand,I'M loving this Armor.The Satin Silver with the Metallic Red & Gold is just so boss.

Attachments

• IMG_5402.JPG
    IMG_5402.JPG
    443.2 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_5401.JPG
    IMG_5401.JPG
    431.4 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_5237.JPG
    IMG_5237.JPG
    793.1 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
I've had the Mark 46 in the past, I prefer this armor. Love the look of it.

Attachments

• 20210818_193725.jpg
    20210818_193725.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 73
So I just got this reissued beast today, and am so glad I did. I missed it the first time out, and have to say all that dark silver/gunmetal looks great in person. Some minor nitpicks, first the magnets under the armor bits all need to be glued on better. So I've got that to do. Secondly, my chest piece seems to loosely sit on the figure and at the slightest touch falls off. Is this common? Wondering how I can tweak this, probably just use a bit of blue tack.

IMG_9410.jpg

I'll go through tonight and install all the lights, but so far I'm really impressed.

Installed all the batteries, and wow, I hadn't realized just how many tiny lights were all over this suit. This guy is a winner for sure. The proportions are really sleek, and I have to say I prefer all the silver and gunmetal over the 46.
I think the mark 46/47 have the most LEDs on a Hot Toys Iron man, 28 in total I think

Back