1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Avengers: Infinity War - War Machine Mark 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just pulled the trigger on this one about 5 minutes ago. I had a big credit at BBTS that knocked almost half the price off.

I think my long term plan is to have "plain-clothes" versions of some of the guys (Rhodey, Tony, Banner) standing in front of the armored up characters, so I'll probably end up trying to kitbash a Rhodey with the leg braces from his Infinity War scenes.

Ditto - think a plain-clothes version is a good idea; LOL that way I don't hafta decide and get representation. Congrats on pulling the trigger! - took me forever to pay this bad boy off, but don't see how anyone could be disappointed. There's some minor stuff, but one of HT's Cadillac figs for sure. Except for the flimsy stand, of course.:pfft:

Ditto - think a plain-clothes version is a good idea
Thank god for available reference material and 3D printers.
RhodeysLegBraces.jpg

As of this moment, this is still my favorite version of War Machine. But we?ll see what happens after I get the Punisher version in hand:lol

Yeah this Mark IV is my fav WM as well, but the upcoming WM Punisher may take the cake for me.

True enough. Could only afford one WM, but this one wins for me on the subtle camo pattern, details - he's a beast.

View attachment 484942

Excellent pic and lighting!

I just pulled the trigger on this one about 5 minutes ago. I had a big credit at BBTS that knocked almost half the price off.

I think my long term plan is to have "plain-clothes" versions of some of the guys (Rhodey, Tony, Banner) standing in front of the armored up characters, so I'll probably end up trying to kitbash a Rhodey with the leg braces from his Infinity War scenes.

Awesome get!! This Mk IV's a beast!!! Good idea about the different appearances of characters juxtaposed with each other.

Yeah this Mark IV is my fav WM as well, but the upcoming WM Punisher may take the cake for me.

Excellent pic and lighting!

Awesome get!! This Mk IV's a beast!!! Good idea about the different appearances of characters juxtaposed with each other.

LOL still haven't gotten his batteries out. Tho looks like one of the arm batteries is weakening might as well. Defy anyone getting this not to
want to work with him a while. Haven't had so much fun since IM 46 - mind you, I only own these 2 diecasts:lol. Had to talk myself out of the
IM 47 and the Iron Patriot $$$$:crying:crying:crying

wmbucky1v2.jpg

Getting more mileage than I thought from the Outrider torso. I wish HT had released their Outrider proto.:pfft:
Sometime I gotta get a pic with Cap.

I think it's close but not quite there. But it's also $20 haha, I might just grab that. I'm not paying whatever people are going to want parting out the full sculpt.

Well, I bought it. We'll see how it looks in hand. (The hard part was tracking down a body to put it on.)

Now if only BBTS would process my War Machine order. Impatient, this one is.

What do y'all think about this DC head sculpt? Anyone bought one?

View attachment 485087
I recently bought this head sculpt and not gonna lie, I feel it was well worth the $20 spent on it. Got it for my War Machine mark 1, but may end up switching it to others in time to change things up. Sorry for the sideways pic, got a new phone and no matter what I do it seems to put it this way
20200514_202401.jpg

Ever since I got this War Machine mark 4 I?ve always been frustrated that Hot toys didn?t add all the lights like in the movie Avengers: Infinity War.
They did it very well with the Mark 46/47 but not with this one.
In the end I painted them myself with transparent red.
It?s not much but for me it improves it a lot

Dude, it?s a great improvement! Yeah as soon as I received the Art of IW book, I couldn?t unsee the missing lights. This was cost saving but also inaccurate which confused me since HT?s seems to take extra special care that the armors are especially accurate. It?s possible that the designs they received early from Marvel/Disney either did not show the omitted lights, were added later on (possibly in post) or weren?t detailed enough (since they are so small and not shaped like the lights on the IM armors).

Having had time to think about and research this, It would not surprise me if it was that the prototype designs provided by Marvel/Disney wasn?t what was shown in the theatrical release. Just as what happened with Stormbreaker?s handle, with many figure manufacturers producing the smaller, curved design included with HT IW Thor and also being shown, incorrectly, as the final design in the Art Of book, it seems as though the many ?mistakes and omissions? of the final product were made late in post. After detailing both the movie and the Art Of book, the missing lights on the torso as well as the legs makes me think it was miscommunication because I?d imagine the cost savings on the missing torso lights to be minimal/negligible. The torso is already lit and would have just needed a bit more wiring while adding lights to the thighs would have added some extra cost but still minimal since no wiring would have been needed past the knees.

The book also stated the plan was to feature 2 WM armors but was ultimately narrowed down to 1 with elements of both in the final model whereas the ?mistakes and omissions? that I?ve noticed besides the missing lights and sloppy development are:
1. Miniature golden ?rocket magazines? should not be shown, the CG armor fires rounds larger out of 1 barrel under each flap.
2. The 3 small red tipped rocket magazines featured on the shoulders of the WM Mk. III armor were installed underneath the 2 silver flaps on the chest plate; each silver flap is located on either side of the chest RT.
3. The top armor panel on the Gatling gun should swivel up away from the barrel assembly.
4. Extension arms are missing from the right and left back mounted missile pods which should articulate to be positioned firing to the sides.
5. ?Missile firing hands? included with the figure are a straight reuse of the mold from the Mk. III?s non-lethal sonic disruptor fists.

I recently bought this head sculpt and not gonna lie, I feel it was well worth the $20 spent on it. Got it for my War Machine mark 1, but may end up switching it to others in time to change things up. Sorry for the sideways pic, got a new phone and no matter what I do it seems to put it this way
View attachment 485101

Thanks for the pic of those two WM armors, they look great net to each other like that!

As for the sideways pictures, I have found that if I crop the picture just a little bit and save it, then the pictures from my new phone will display properly when uploaded to this forum ...have have no idea why, but it works.

LOL still haven't gotten his batteries out. Tho looks like one of the arm batteries is weakening might as well. Defy anyone getting this not to
want to work with him a while. Haven't had so much fun since IM 46 - mind you, I only own these 2 diecasts:lol. Had to talk myself out of the
IM 47 and the Iron Patriot $$$$:crying:crying:crying

View attachment 485032

Another nice pic! :) I personally do not use too many light up features in my figs so as not to worry about leaving the batteries in for a long tome lol Excellent choices for die-cast IM figures! Those two are top tier IMO.

It's awesome to have this War Machine in the mix, and in IW I think I liked team Wakanda a bit more. While I think the HT IW Cap and BW look like great figures, I feel tepid about their designs (but that's on Marvel Studios lol). I got (incomplete) AoU and CW Caps for decent deals and I think I'll have AoU represent Cap in my display (just scored a TWS helmeted head sculpt for a fair deal to complete my AoU :yess: , so I can retire the Steve Rogers unmasked head LOL). Unless maybe the EG Cap will blow me away when it's released. I'm also looking forward to how EG BW will turn out, so I may prospectively attain her, and add more female figs :wink1: The recent Black Panther figure covers the solo movie, IW and EG :D

Getting more mileage than I thought from the Outrider torso. I wish HT had released their Outrider proto.:pfft:
Sometime I gotta get a pic with Cap.

Perhaps Outrider did not release because of how the Chitauri figures from A1 performed? :dunno

Yeah I wish the Outrider torso was included with a few more IW figs, I would've maybe liked to pick up a few loose to display as though they were beaten down :D

Thanks for the pic of those two WM armors, they look great net to each other like that!

As for the sideways pictures, I have found that if I crop the picture just a little bit and save it, then the pictures from my new phone will display properly when uploaded to this forum ...have have no idea why, but it works.
Thanks. Also thanks for that info on the cropping, will have to try that today

Another nice pic! :) I personally do not use too many light up features in my figs so as not to worry about leaving the batteries in for a long tome lol Excellent choices for die-cast IM figures! Those two are top tier IMO.

It's awesome to have this War Machine in the mix, and in IW I think I liked team Wakanda a bit more. While I think the HT IW Cap and BW look like great figures, I feel tepid about their designs (but that's on Marvel Studios lol). I got (incomplete) AoU and CW Caps for decent deals and I think I'll have AoU represent Cap in my display (just scored a TWS helmeted head sculpt for a fair deal to complete my AoU :yess: , so I can retire the Steve Rogers unmasked head LOL). Unless maybe the EG Cap will blow me away when it's released. I'm also looking forward to how EG BW will turn out, so I may prospectively attain her, and add more female figs :wink1: The recent Black Panther figure covers the solo movie, IW and EG :D

Perhaps Outrider did not release because of how the Chitauri figures from A1 performed? :dunno

Yeah I wish the Outrider torso was included with a few more IW figs, I would've maybe liked to pick up a few loose to display as though they were beaten down :D

Well, finally pulled the batteries - was moving some figs around so figured it was time. Sounds like ur getting some great figs at a decent price to represent:duff. Also ur not overloaded with figs like I feel I am at times; but there's nothing I wanna get rid of right now. Hobby too addictive $$$$$:lol Think getting incomplete figs, depending, is a great way to go. That's how I got a CW battle damaged Cap. If u don't need all the switchouts, why not?

But, end of 10-yr MCU + rising prices:horror:horror kinda put the brakes on me anyway. Next stop is to dig around and see if I have a better stand for WM on hand - hope. Think the only EG fig I might pick up new is the Avengers Cap.

Well, finally pulled the batteries - was moving some figs around so figured it was time. Sounds like ur getting some great figs at a decent price to represent:duff. Also ur not overloaded with figs like I feel I am at times; but there's nothing I wanna get rid of right now. Hobby too addictive $$$$$:lol Think getting incomplete figs, depending, is a great way to go. That's how I got a CW battle damaged Cap. If u don't need all the switchouts, why not?

But, end of 10-yr MCU + rising prices:horror:horror kinda put the brakes on me anyway. Next stop is to dig around and see if I have a better stand for WM on hand - hope. Think the only EG fig I might pick up new is the Avengers Cap.

Agreed!

LOL I feel I'm getting to being overloaded :lol Too much good stuff! On that note I might need to re-evaluate exactly what figs I truly want for future acquisitions :monkey4 :monkey3

FedEx actually getting here a day quicker which means my Mk IV will be here tomorrow!

And most of my Rhodey plainclothes is here as well. (Waiting on the HS from HK.) Going to begin 3d modelling the leg braces tonight.

Back