1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Avengers: Infinity War - War Machine Mark 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations on getting this figure Sassafras!!!

I totally agree that this guy is impressive and really well designed!!

I like this version so much but it still makes me sad that I now have to part with my other WM (Civil War) ...you know about my one version per character rule.

So how likely are you to pick up the Endgame Iron Patriot? He is pricey but i find him intriguing. I also like the colors, his size, and weaponry. But he is pricey. I usually preorder all my figures well in advance, but I am considering waiting until I can see some in hand photos or a review.

LOL I have no real rules - probably have an issue - I just buy what I like, kinda. It sort've ends up being loose movie groups - or ended up, anyway. Whether it's coz of rising prices or other am TRYING to ratchet back - so, if I had funds to burn I'd pick up IP, but probably not, for me. Far as I can tell Rhodey mostly wears the IW armor through End Game, and am passing on almost all the EG figs. If I got IP, I'd want Rocket and it just starts to add up.

I do want the classic Cap and maybe EG Thor - thing is, Mandalorian figs will be coming down the line, sooner or later $$$$. So I kinda wanna put a period on the MCU figs unless the series has some mind-blowing stuff.

PS. Do gotta get a better stand for WM; agree this flimsy stand isn't going to cut it for this fig.:pfft:

I really like the diorama style bases, it gives the characters a uniqueness and cool environmental dynamic when on display. I recall some mentioned in releases back then they'd include both a diorama base and a standard stand, but now it seems one or the other. I feel like a good portion of the EG figures need rubble/debris bases, IMO.

Yeah. IMO this WM could've used a base like the CW Mark 46. Glad most of my collecting was done from the TWS-Ragnarok period. Even the Ragnarok figs had cut corners like no extra sculpt for Hela.:(

LOL I have no real rules - probably have an issue - I just buy what I like, kinda. It sort've ends up being loose movie groups - or ended up, anyway. Whether it's coz of rising prices or other am TRYING to ratchet back - so, if I had funds to burn I'd pick up IP, but probably not, for me. Far as I can tell Rhodey mostly wears the IW armor through End Game, and am passing on almost all the EG figs. If I got IP, I'd want Rocket and it just starts to add up.

I do want the classic Cap and maybe EG Thor - thing is, Mandalorian figs will be coming down the line, sooner or later $$$$. So I kinda wanna put a period on the MCU figs unless the series has some mind-blowing stuff.

PS. Do gotta get a better stand for WM; agree this flimsy stand isn't going to cut it for this fig.:pfft:

Yeah I hear you.

This War Machine is so impressive in hand and had some amazing screen time in this armor in Infinity War that I think having Rhodes in this form is best for me.
Maybe if he was more prominent in Endgame with the IP armor on I would possibly feel different. So unless I see some in-hand photos or videos of IP that blow me away I will pass.

And yes, this is a magnificent figure, but I don’t know what Hot Toys was thinking with this base ...it’s pathetic.

The Mandalorian figures look AWESOME so far!! But I’m worried that if I get one then I’ll be going down the rabbit hole again as I did with Marvel, which like you I am slowing down on. I just need a decent Drax, and Scarlet Witch and I will be finished. I will only get more Marvel figures beyond that if they make Valkyrie, Adam Warlock, Nova, and Namor

I've had WM for about a month now and thinks its amazing! However I've noticed that one of the articulation points on the back cannon has become really loose to the point where the cannon seems to just lean over. Has anyone else been experienced this issue? Thanks!

I've had WM for about a month now and thinks its amazing! However I've noticed that one of the articulation points on the back cannon has become really loose to the point where the cannon seems to just lean over. Has anyone else been experienced this issue? Thanks!

Known issue, peopel have unscrewed the gun and tightened the internal screw to fix the issue

Just opened this guy up and he is amazing! Love the digital camo paint job, might be Hot Toys best paint job yet. Only thing I don?t like is that he is kind of hard to pose with all the weight, just seems like wants to fall forward and with a cheap base... kind of worried about it. Wish we would have got the ?deluxe base? that comes with figures like the Mark VII, Superman, Deadpool, etc...

Have a pretty cool pose for him though nonetheless. Need to find a clear display stand/riser and have have flying over the Infinity War display.

8F6A51D7-7D89-4ABE-9FF3-7F41A11D0B98.jpg

Just opened this guy up and he is amazing! Love the digital camo paint job, might be Hot Toys best paint job yet. Only thing I don?t like is that he is kind of hard to pose with all the weight, just seems like wants to fall forward and with a cheap base... kind of worried about it. Wish we would have got the ?deluxe base? that comes with figures like the Mark VII, Superman, Deadpool, etc...

Have a pretty cool pose for him though nonetheless. Need to find a clear display stand/riser and have have flying over the Infinity War display.

View attachment 481079

It is an amazing figure. I agree about the weight and that is one of the reasons i will never sell any of my plastic IM/WM figures. Diecast for nice ground poses and plastic for the aerial poses.

It is an amazing figure. I agree about the weight and that is one of the reasons i will never sell any of my plastic IM/WM figures. Diecast for nice ground poses and plastic for the aerial poses.

I’d buy another plastic version just to get a better flight pose. Dynamic Stand + Plastic WM Mark 4 would be an awesome display. Only reason Hot Toys doesn't offer the plastic or power pose stuff anymore is because they know more people would probably buy the plastic over diecast... I probably would for some figures.

I ended up using the waist grabber from Doctor Strange. I don’t know how anyone is brave enough to use that crotch grabber on this beast :lol Ditched the flying pose... too risky for full time pose.

I’d buy another plastic version just to get a better flight pose. Dynamic Stand + Plastic WM Mark 4 would be an awesome display. Only reason Hot Toys doesn't offer the plastic or power pose stuff anymore is because they know more people would probably buy the plastic over diecast... I probably would for some figures.

I ended up using the waist grabber from Doctor Strange. I don’t know how anyone is brave enough to use that crotch grabber on this beast :lol Ditched the flying pose... too risky for full time pose.

If u do a pretty static pose and sort of twist the grabber it kinda works. But. No-one likes to spend extra but I'll be picking up a proper stand for this fig. Luv getting a new fig in but also get relieved am trying to ratchet back as HT seemingly includes less. Maybe they have to to keep prices down, but u ought to be able to display ur pricey diecast without worrying.

I shudder to think of the markup of a parted out back rifle etc.$$$$$ if my original broke.

Ever since I got this War Machine mark 4 I’ve always been frustrated that Hot toys didn’t add all the lights like in the movie Avengers: Infinity War.
They did it very well with the Mark 46/47 but not with this one.
In the end I painted them myself with transparent red.
It’s not much but for me it improves it a lot ☺️

My Instagram: Guillaume_customs

200426030740951291.jpg

200426030740611597.jpg

200426030741740180.jpg

200426030742519825.jpg

20042603074456948.jpg

200426030742893890.jpg

200426030743547188.jpg

200426030744375392.jpg

As of this moment, this is still my favorite version of War Machine. But we’ll see what happens after I get the Punisher version in hand:lol

Y'all are killing me with these pics....I'm starting to need one and i have a $175 BBTS credit burning a hole in my virtual pocket.

How is the head attached? The one thing I do like about the EG IP is the full DC head sculpt...would it be possible to swap it on in the future?

Y'all are killing me with these pics....I'm starting to need one and i have a $175 BBTS credit burning a hole in my virtual pocket.

True enough. Could only afford one WM, but this one wins for me on the subtle camo pattern, details - he's a beast.

wm1.jpg

How is the head attached? The one thing I do like about the EG IP is the full DC head sculpt...would it be possible to swap it on in the future?

U need a sculpt with a socket/no neck, tho I haven't tried the Rhodey sculpt with this one yet. Tested a bit and the head I have on feels tight. Might pick up a full Rhodey sculpt sometime. Dunno:dunno - he just looks so epic as is esp. mixed with other IW figs.

I just pulled the trigger on this one about 5 minutes ago. I had a big credit at BBTS that knocked almost half the price off.

I think my long term plan is to have "plain-clothes" versions of some of the guys (Rhodey, Tony, Banner) standing in front of the armored up characters, so I'll probably end up trying to kitbash a Rhodey with the leg braces from his Infinity War scenes.

Back