1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Avengers: Infinity War - War Machine Mark 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That guy would have had to cut into the figure somehow to install those lights, like a dremel or something. I can't see myself ever doing that on something so expensive. Also wth powers them, i see no wires.

In the video he has a master switch in the back of the figure. Seems like he can light up everything with a single click via batteries.

Just received this guy yesterday. As everybody else has said, he's a BEAST. I missed out on the MK3 but after receiving the MK4 I think it looks better based on comparison pics.

Curious though, are there any 3rd party dynamic stands available for all the new dicast figures coming out? I do not trust the crotch grabbers HT is including anymore. What stands is everyone else using?

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1007&search=Stand

This looks like a generic version of the Hot Toys one they sold a long time ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not in English but cool review and what's more important really detailed comparison with the movie

I didn't know the missle pods can be turned this way! (10:27 in the movie) now the mini gun can be put lower = betwen the head and one of the missle pods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4G1bH1mjRs
Thank you SO MUCH FOR THIS. This figure just went from a 99 to a 100 for me. The one thing that always bothered me is how the twin missle pods would sit way too high up. They were much further out to his sides in the film. Its brilliant that HT implemented a sideways mechanic to spread them out further. Sneaky bastards hah, most ppl don't seem to know either. At least from instagram poses I've seen.

avengers-infinitywar-movie-screencaps.com-15104.jpg
avengers-infinitywar-movie-screencaps.com-15102.jpg

Come on, I bet you at least install them initially to make sure all the lights are functional. Even if we're not going to use them, most of us still want to make sure we haven't purchased a defective $300+ figure. And if HT were to delete them, the majority of us would be complaining about not having something the $20 IM figures provide. :lol

This. I'd removed all the batteries from my early figures to prevent damage from leakage, but I've been lax as of late. I went on quite the HPP binge a while back, so I need to take the time and do that again. Ugh.

Actually starting with the mark 46 I find the thought of installing batteries too daunting. In the past I use to install and immediately remove the batteries just to ensure theg work but not anymore.

not in English but cool review and what's more important really detailed comparison with the movie

I didn't know the missle pods can be turned this way! (10:27 in the movie) now the mini gun can be put lower = betwen the head and one of the missle pods.

Another Thank you from me as well (with a hint of embarrassment). Yeah I was completely unaware that the pods had this point of articulation even though 1. I noticed the screws after unboxing and didn’t use enough force to move them and 2. having collected every single HT’s armor (minus 2 variants and a few PPS) I had become arrogant enough to think that I’d be able to figure out every point of articulation.

Again, a BIG Thank you for this; it really helps make this WM look great!

Cool review and great comparisons done! I did not know about the missile pods either, I forget if the instructions point it out.

^ Great find indeed! Mine were a little stiff and so i didn't try to force them too much. There was nothing indicating they could pivot like that either by the photo blogs or instructions. Weird and it looks so much better now.

^ Great find indeed! Mine were a little stiff and so i didn't try to force them too much. There was nothing indicating they could pivot like that either by the photo blogs or instructions. Weird and it looks so much better now.

One of mine was also little stiff but I used a screwdriver :D and now it is perfectly loose to move it :D

Not sure if this has been shared before. Put let me post this here before I go change my underwear...

View attachment 467020

Video:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hottoys/comments/d9clry/video_of_the_modded_war_machine/

Damn, now that's what this figure should have looked like. This just makes me even more annoyed at HT now for not doing it this way.

That guy would have had to cut into the figure somehow to install those lights, like a dremel or something. I can't see myself ever doing that on something so expensive. Also wth powers them, i see no wires.

Yeah most likely. I'm in the middle of adding additional lights to the body of my BB-8, but this is a whole other level of complexity, and involves a much more expensive figure. Even just taking this thing apart would be a massive undertaking.

Damn, now that's what this figure should have looked like. This just makes me even more annoyed at HT now for not doing it this way.

That's why I was pretty disappointed in the figure. Not sure how Mark 50 had so many LEDs when they can't put WM4 with the accurate amount of LEDs.

most likely just the ROI not being worth it for them. it even shows with the headsculpt/helmet recycling from mk 3. how much this would sell was a big unknown factor for them especially for a supporting character. pre-orders were probably not as high and sales only picked up after the early release and lots of high praises from early reviewers. i know i was one of those on the fence and was blown away after seeing the final product. i ordered and paid in full, a month after the first release from SS (can't remember)...

^ Thing is they would have had to wires those through the legs somehow without hindering articulation/design looks. That just wouldn't be worth it i think.

They did it with iron man mark L no problem. Would just have a pop off panel on the leg itself with the battery compartment in the leg not upper torso. It could have been done but likely the concept art didn?t show them originally

They did it with iron man mark L no problem. Would just have a pop off panel on the leg itself with the battery compartment in the leg not upper torso. It could have been done but likely the concept art didn?t show them originally

Without actual documented confirmation, I can pretty much confirm that’s exactly what happened. Marvel/Disney has been really keeping their designs “secret” for longer than most and it’s probably another reason why the WM Mk. IV was released so early. It takes HT’s about 2 full years to go from licensed concept renders to release on their diecast armors.

The concept art had it.
e09a2fb9b39c26c89d80a1dd50c61be8.jpg

Back