1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Avengers: Infinity War - War Machine Mark 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm one of the ones who would be happy if they dropped the lights altogether and lowered the price a bit. I can't even remember the last IM/WM figure i put batteries in.

Someone took the time to modify this guy with all the lights HT decided to omit.

I love the figure and all, but I'd rather still be waiting for it if it meant they finished it properly. The amount of details HT has been skipping has been increasing over time and it's bumming me out.

View attachment 466925

Yeah that’s actually the first thing I noticed when the Art of IW book was released. It’s a total bummer In my opinion since I wire up my armors so they light up with my display lights and that much red on an armored figure would have really looked great.

Mine also has the knee gap issue on his left leg. I think a part of their production run has this issue. Would be hard (lottery) to return and exchange hoping for one that doesn't have it, I think. It kind of bothers me but not a big enough issue to return and try to get one without it. I don't have him in a museum pose so its not noticeable for it to bother me.

What is this ‘knee gap issue’?

^ Basically the armor on the knee bends at 2 points and fully locks/closes in place when not bent. Well some people's knee armor do not close all the way at one point or another and a gap is seen. Fortunately mine had neither this issue or the loose arm problem, as my ocd would not accept it!

I'm one of the ones who would be happy if they dropped the lights altogether and lowered the price a bit. I can't even remember the last IM/WM figure i put batteries in.

Yeah, unless they can engineer a scheme to power them wirelessly and/or turn them all on and off at once (ala soap reactor) out of the box, its too limited and obnoxious to use the lights with a dozen leaky batteries and a variety of tiny switches hidden under screw covers. I put them in once to verify everything works (plenty of times there have been problems), take some photos, and then remove them forever

Someone took the time to modify this guy with all the lights HT decided to omit.

I love the figure and all, but I'd rather still be waiting for it if it meant they finished it properly. The amount of details HT has been skipping has been increasing over time and it's bumming me out.

View attachment 466925

Woah looks even moar fantastic!!

^ Basically the armor on the knee bends at 2 points and fully locks/closes in place when not bent. Well some people's knee armor do not close all the way at one point or another and a gap is seen. Fortunately mine had neither this issue or the loose arm problem, as my ocd would not accept it!

Thank you for the explanation; I do appreciate it! Fortunately, mine looks pretty solid and aside from the back flaps/wings/mini bomb dispensers, all the joints are very tight. Thinking of buying a duplicate because the more I look at this version, the more it becomes my favorite WM armor even though I honestly never thought any version would beat out the diecast Mk. I. Hopefully, the Punisher Machine is released soon because it has the possibility to beat out the Mk. I diecast for me as well.

Me too..I could never understand how anyone have the time and patience to take each individual figure out of their cabinet. Tedious installation of several batteries for each of them. Turn each light on. Put them all back in the cabinet to look at the lights for a few minutes.

If it's any consolation, the lights on his upper chest are turned off in this scene
Screenshot (61).jpg

Come on, I bet you at least install them initially to make sure all the lights are functional. Even if we're not going to use them, most of us still want to make sure we haven't purchased a defective $300+ figure. And if HT were to delete them, the majority of us would be complaining about not having something the $20 IM figures provide. :lol

Me too..I could never understand how anyone have the time and patience to take each individual figure out of their cabinet. Tedious installation of several batteries for each of them. Turn each light on. Put them all back in the cabinet to look at the lights for a few minutes.

This. I'd removed all the batteries from my early figures to prevent damage from leakage, but I've been lax as of late. I went on quite the HPP binge a while back, so I need to take the time and do that again. Ugh.

I haven't put batteries in any of probably the last 40 or so Iron Man figures I've purchased. I used to put them in, but the batteries corroded in one of the figures. Decided to remove batteries from all figures and have never put them in one again.

I always put the batteries in to make sure the LEDs are working properly, then remove them. I do it because I want to see in hand how it looks lit up and if some don't I can get a replacement from sideshow. But also just in case I ever decide to sell them so I know they are fully operational. That being said I never ever intend to sell any of the ones I have though you never know.

I also dont put batteries in most of the time. When I do i just dont screw the covers back down. So far they have been so tight I havent even needed to screw them down at all.

On the original Mark III I had taken the screw out so often it stripped the plastic cover and i had a difficult time getting it out, thats when I decided to just not screw them down unless they fell out on their own.

That guy would have had to cut into the figure somehow to install those lights, like a dremel or something. I can't see myself ever doing that on something so expensive. Also wth powers them, i see no wires.

Back