1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Avengers: Infinity War - War Machine Mark 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seem to recall people bitching about thigh gaps with the mk50, that might have been a result of the legs having the lights in them. Not sure i would want that for WM.

I seem to recall people bitching about thigh gaps with the mk50, that might have been a result of the legs having the lights in them. Not sure i would want that for WM.
Thigh gaps weren't a jarring issue for the 46 tho and that had lights on the legs

That guy on instagram fixed the kinky boots by adding more material to the top edge, maybe impacted articulation range a bit but would not have done anything to the lighting

not in English but cool review and what's more important really detailed comparison with the movie

I didn't know the missle pods can be turned this way! (10:27 in the movie) now the mini gun can be put lower = betwen the head and one of the missle pods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4G1bH1mjRs

Cool video, anyone know where to get that rotating puck stand WM was standing on?

Just received mine today and yeah this thing is impressive as hell in hand. I've never cared that much about WM before, but just love how bulky and imposing this looks. And the camo pattern takes it to another level.

I will say it looks a bit sillier than I expected with the Rhodey sculpt though, as it makes the 5' 8 Don Cheadle suddenly seem about 7 feet tall. So not sure how much I'll be displaying that head. :lol

Phone pic after I did a little reposing on him. Love this figure. Might be figure of the year for me.
43afbdd210b5e9b28230b123e3a2bea2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK one thing I was not prepared for was just how freakin pink those lights were going to be. I already knew they weren't going to be quite as red as in the movie, but the lights on mine appear distractingly pink. And not even remotely close to being red. I mean what the hell HT??

Yeah I realize not everyone here uses the lights, but I've been wiring all mine up and there's just no way I could do that with the current color and have it not look ridiculous on display. So I'm going to have no choice now but to apply some kind of red filter over top so it looks more presentable. Uggh.

^ Same. I remember seeing other peoples vids and pics and they def looked more red than what i saw on the figure in hand. Def looks pink as hell and of course that is on HT for doing this same **** for yrs. STOP USING WHITE LIGHT!!! It's so stupid cuz if you know anything about colors, you know mixing white with red makes PINK. Fortunately they made the red plastic nice and red, so even with the lights off you can see it. Looks less lifeless that way compared to other IM suits.

Yeah they had no problem making Star-Lord's eyes nice and red. But even if they wanted to use brighter white LEDs for this, they could have easily compensated by adding an additional red filter in between. I tried that myself and it suddenly becomes a nice, deep red again.

Is it because the LEDs are too bright? I put on the chair lights for the Emperor and they were distractingly bright. I could see them putting in a red piece of plastic but then blasting it with too much light.

Is it because the LEDs are too bright? I put on the chair lights for the Emperor and they were distractingly bright. I could see them putting in a red piece of plastic but then blasting it with too much light.

It a simple concept of color+color. Blue+yellow=green, blue+red=purple and red+white=PINK. When you know simple things such as this it's makes it inexcusable to use white light on a figure that is supposed to have red lights. It's common sense.

I would love it if HT figured out a way to utilize fiber optics for the lighting. In most cases if not all, the LED's are way too bright (as some have said) and to be able to have your ambient display lighting pass through fiber optics would give a much better and more realistic appearance...

This is my first die-cast figure, and my most expensive one yet. I like the unique packaging with the sleeve, the thick, halved art box, and still has a styrofoam box. First thing I noticed when taking him out of the box, he?s heavy! Now I see why you all like die-cast figures. I have been use to the plastic figures, that this one seems so upscale.
I actually just bought him recently, I didn?t preorder him so wasn?t with the first batch. I usually preorder but didn?t because there may be a better one in Endgame. After seeing everyone?s in hand pics and video reviews, and the Endgame version underwhelming, I went for this one.
What I like about this version is it has the bulk of the Mark 1, but is more refined. It also reminds me of the Iron Man MK7 as far as firepower. In comparing this to the Mark 1, the Mark 1 looks more ?primitive?, but it still represents the comics version. I guess this reflects the Hammertech origin of the suit, with all the add ons. This Mark IV reflects Tony?s involvement as it?s more streamlined. The mini-gun is more compact, and the ammo belt isn?t exposed. The darker gray with the camouflage look is a great touch also.

I would love it if HT figured out a way to utilize fiber optics for the lighting. In most cases if not all, the LED's are way too bright (as some have said) and to be able to have your ambient display lighting pass through fiber optics would give a much better and more realistic appearance...

I agree with this. The technology in lighting has come a far way in the last few years, and it is possible to put a little bit of light in a lot of difficult places pretty easily now, it just requires coordination between electronics and design, which is tricky because they usually operate on 2 different production schedules

Back