1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Avengers: Infinity War - War Machine Mark 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Top notch display! :clap

Great display fella! I really like your backgrounds, especially the lower one. I'd like something similar as a backdrop for the Qauntum Team figures.

Thanks guys. The second shelf I will be using for Endgame eventually when those figures start rolling in. I might change the displays up a bit over time, perhaps have Thanos on one side of the shelf and everybody else running towards him.

This is my first die-cast figure, and my most expensive one yet. I like the unique packaging with the sleeve, the thick, halved art box, and still has a styrofoam box. First thing I noticed when taking him out of the box, he?s heavy! Now I see why you all like die-cast figures. I have been use to the plastic figures, that this one seems so upscale.
I actually just bought him recently, I didn?t preorder him so wasn?t with the first batch. I usually preorder but didn?t because there may be a better one in Endgame. After seeing everyone?s in hand pics and video reviews, and the Endgame version underwhelming, I went for this one.
What I like about this version is it has the bulk of the Mark 1, but is more refined. It also reminds me of the Iron Man MK7 as far as firepower. In comparing this to the Mark 1, the Mark 1 looks more ?primitive?, but it still represents the comics version. I guess this reflects the Hammertech origin of the suit, with all the add ons. This Mark IV reflects Tony?s involvement as it?s more streamlined. The mini-gun is more compact, and the ammo belt isn?t exposed. The darker gray with the camouflage look is a great touch also.

Huh. I never should have wandered into this thread:lol. Been on the fence, decided I didn't want to pay $$$, read a few comments, looked at review(s)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gINb0f6Nic4, and just PO'd LOL.:monkey3

My first and probably only WM. Read pro and con diecasts re IM, but for me - whether being diecast just adds excessive cost and weight - for me, don't really collect IM $$$$ but still think the Mark 46 is one of the most stunning pieces I own. Like the heavy feel. So after reading this thread and looking at the detail pics (along with other comments like sell-outs, the aftermarket prices for 10-year MCU stuff is off the charts now, and so far this was my fav WM) - ordered.

What the *&^% was I thinking waiting anyway:cool:. HT can get on my nerves but IMO their engineering to 1/6 is amazing. Gonna display this guy fully loaded up. There's the light thing - or lack of - but after testing lights I end up pulling out batteries anyway for display.

Also re IW and EG as a character think Rhodey really comes into his own, for me. And loved the Wakanda aesthetic. Wasn't gonna do much with IW and EG but Bucky and Cap will get an addition on the shelf now:cool:. D*mn I wish I had another CW Falcon to go with (but that fig is way up in the aftermarket $$$$$ NIB). Looking forward to this guy - getting the ex, 'coz why not....

Huh. I never should have wandered into this thread:lol. Been on the fence, decided I didn't want to pay $$$, read a few comments, looked at review(s)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gINb0f6Nic4, and just PO'd LOL.:monkey3

My first and probably only WM. Read pro and con diecasts re IM, but for me - whether being diecast just adds excessive cost and weight - for me, don't really collect IM $$$$ but still think the Mark 46 is one of the most stunning pieces I own. Like the heavy feel. So after reading this thread and looking at the detail pics (along with other comments like sell-outs, the aftermarket prices for 10-year MCU stuff is off the charts now, and so far this was my fav WM) - ordered.

What the *&^% was I thinking waiting anyway:cool:. HT can get on my nerves but IMO their engineering to 1/6 is amazing. Gonna display this guy fully loaded up. There's the light thing - or lack of - but after testing lights I end up pulling out batteries anyway for display.

Also re IW and EG as a character think Rhodey really comes into his own, for me. And loved the Wakanda aesthetic. Wasn't gonna do much with IW and EG but Bucky and Cap will get an addition on the shelf now:cool:. D*mn I wish I had another CW Falcon to go with (but that fig is way up in the aftermarket $$$$$ NIB). Looking forward to this guy - getting the ex, 'coz why not....

Congrats! :clap This Mk IV WM is a beast indeed, can't go wrong with it, I think it's the best WM design thus far, IMO.

Lol, that’s actually very funny Sassafras! It’s absolutely the dammed truth that any WM Mk. IV fence sitters should stay away from this thread. While I still feel that the diecast WM Mk. I is the overall best representation and best package of the War Machines, the Mk. IV stomps the II & III AMD really seems like the most modern interpretation of the Mk. I’s tank like aesthetic. I’ve been debating picking up another to squirrel away in the event that the price does double but the fact that stock is readily available at SSC coupled with the almost universally loved IP2/WM Mk. V coming (eventually), I’m not sure if this figure will be chased.

Anyways, glad you bit the bullet and hope that you enjoy the hell outta your purchase.

Thigh gaps weren't a jarring issue for the 46 tho and that had lights on the legs

The gaps on the 46 is an issue. The leg flaps stick in a very unnatural way. The 46 is my least favorite iron man figure in my collection. If eBay didn't make it so easy for scumbags to scam people I would have sold that figure a long time ago.

Lol, that?s actually very funny Sassafras! It?s absolutely the dammed truth that any WM Mk. IV fence sitters should stay away from this thread. While I still feel that the diecast WM Mk. I is the overall best representation and best package of the War Machines, the Mk. IV stomps the II & III AMD really seems like the most modern interpretation of the Mk. I?s tank like aesthetic. I?ve been debating picking up another to squirrel away in the event that the price does double but the fact that stock is readily available at SSC coupled with the almost universally loved IP2/WM Mk. V coming (eventually), I?m not sure if this figure will be chased.

Anyways, glad you bit the bullet and hope that you enjoy the hell outta your purchase.

Haha - for someone like me - who likes the "beefy" armors, lots of weapons, and is really impressed with HT's engineering - thought I was safe, 'coz I had talked myself out this fig. Those d*mn pics and vids in high res.:lol That camo pattern. I actually like the sculpt.

Hard to say re future prices - that WAS a factor, tho. I get on the 'bay a lot, looking for 1/6 accessories mostly at this point, was kinda shocked that CW Falcon, for instance, was listed that high, or CW Wanda. Forget NIB diecast Iron Mans $$$$:horror. Maybe in time prices will come down, but not gonna wait that long.

The gaps on the 46 is an issue. The leg flaps stick in a very unnatural way. The 46 is my least favorite iron man figure in my collection. If eBay didn't make it so easy for scumbags to scam people I would have sold that figure a long time ago.

$$$$$ Not an IM (or WM armor expert) but frankly didn't notice:cool:. I only work the 46 flaps anyway for pics. He's heavy enough, and striking enough to have terrific shelf presence in a relatively simple pose - that gleaming gold and cherry red paint. Picked up the "Singapore" Mark VI release - nice enough, but found out I am spoiled with the pricier IMs.:monkey3 (Sorry if u has sh***y 'bay experiences - so far I am only buyer but ~98% of my experiences have been stellar; some really great folks out there workin' hard)

Another reason to pick up this WM - *obviously* what I enjoy is the "Cadillac" HTs. :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gINb0f6Nic4, and just PO'd LOL.:monkey3.

Yes it?s highly enabling coming in here but I?ve got no one to blame but myself. Probably the quickest pre-order to ship I?ve ever had - 3 day turn around!

Got my replacement head in today. Took a while but glad its here. I'm guessing I can keep the defected head(lights dont turn on) since SS didnt ask for me to send it back.
8642716a5f720b6ceae7c29e9ef685a1.jpg

Yes it?s highly enabling coming in here but I?ve got no one to blame but myself. Probably the quickest pre-order to ship I?ve ever had - 3 day turn around!

Just when I was patting myself on the back after getting in 2 excellent IW Buckys - check; budget lined up - check; other POs not due for a bit - all was right with the world.:lol

But that shots of WM laying down fire in Wakanda are awesome; and so are the high res shots I see of this fig. He will be mine.:drool:drool:drool

You know, I might just do that (this forum will be the end of me, lol)

So the common issues with this are a loose arm and a mark on the leg?

Ha, I should get an HT commission fee if you do get it!

Yeah, so common issues seems to be loose left arm (although mine was fine), possible scratching on legs right beneath flaps (if the black protective padding isn't applied correctly when being packed by HT), and potential gap with knee joints.

Man I have the worst luck with QC on Iron suits, mine has a big splotch of glue on the backside. Like superglue, so its hard and won't come off without taking the screen painted camo and paint off with it. Costs too much for that kind of factory defect

Switched to one payment because since I had some extra cash from doing buttloads of overtime last month, and got him in the mail today.

Oh... my... God. I never was an Iron Man fan so I?ve never bought any diecast figs besides Robocop. And I thought Robocop was heavy! I had second-thoughts about this figure, it being the most expensive figure (not just Hot Toys ) I?ve EVER bought in my life, but now I can?t say how glad I am that I didn?t cancel. This has to be my favorite Hot Toys figure (in my small collection) so far! Now I can?t wait to get my hands on the Punisher War Machine early next year! Hope it?s as great as this masterpiece!

Crappy pics below.

614a1230c588ee0a3dd90a906c5310ec.jpg
0eb7e0c90ea29fab3ec8539b42ec6b86.jpg
ee5a8461ebe9f58dd21a1e33c404ae8b.jpg
635e7b899cd1fb9306422b5ed81cf0c2.jpg
e35c5849ef8eb656999684f05336c435.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back