Hot Toys MMS AOTC Padme Amidala (Speculation)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She also looks quite tall for Natalie, judging by head size relative to body proportions.

Looks short in this one.

SDCC-2019-Hot-Toys-Star-Wars-024.jpg

More Panda
9f54de933986a540dc04372af863dbea.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Love the part in the hair..HT is getting better and better with female sculpted hair

For those think it is off..Portman can look like a witch and very mature at times so I’m fine with this

I’m liking the sculpt and costume more in the new batch of photos (compared to the initial pics) but it still needs some tweaking to live up to Hot Toys standards.

In some angles, it looks like Padme has “man hands” in this prototype, the proportions look too big relative to the rest of the figure.

I'm liking the base... like it's part of the droid factory scene.

Love the part in the hair..HT is getting better and better with female sculpted hair

For those think it is off..Portman can look like a witch and very mature at times so I’m fine with this

What do you mean by looks like a “witch?”

What do you mean by looks like a “witch?”

Her nose can resemble the shape of a witch’s at times ..not saying she’s ugly , but she has that classic witch features look sometimes . Especially with her hair slicked back .

Why do you think they wanted her to play Black Swan , because she can look like a evil person with the right makeup

When she was a kid..she looked very mature

That above pic is a fantastic likeness, but the neck joint is hideous. Perhaps the poncho can be used to disguise that a bit. They'll get it right by the time of release, not worried about this one.

I think the problem is all of the hot toys female bodies have a built in neck so the joint has to go where the neck joins the head. Same thing with their single muscle body. That's the reason all of the Thor figures except the first avengers one has that visible neck joint. Hot Toys need to stop being cheap and actually make more appropriate female bodies. No I don't think they will fix it he neck joint for production because that would require them to invest in a new body which they are too cheap to do.

This figure is 100% going on preorder soon. The real mystery is where is Jango? The tooling has been done for years now considering he's basically a repaint of Boba.

Re: Hot Toys MMS xxx Padme Amidala speculation thread

I will be shocked if it's any version other than this:

View attachment 460959
It's this version but the pics I've seen so far has been the worse pic of any fig I've seen them do sadly. I was so excited and then I saw her face, how bad the suit looked on her body... it's like they slapped **** together...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Was going over the pics of some of the MCU prototypes on the Marvel threads, and as far as I could see, all prototypes are looking pretty rough in the paint apps department...
At least the ones I looked at.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

"You're breaking my heart, Hot Toys!"

I know, paraphrasing from the wrong movie but still...

We all knew she was coming at some point and I wanted so badly to be blown away. Along with Bespin Han and Lando, she's the only central character that was a "must have"for me that we hadn't seen yet in great sixth-scale form and now...

We can only hope that there is some major tweaking to do with this before it goes up for PO. Nearly every aspect of this figure is so "off" from HT's usual game.
From the strange, haunted looking sculpt to the ill-fitting body suit...it looks like there could be an undersuit here to try and hide the base figure joints a bit and the end result is a look that completely eliminates any shapely, athletic look Portman brought to the character. Instead, she looks frumpy and bloated. Those strange featureless hands. The odd toy-like clunky boots. The poor material choice for the shawl. The cringe-inducing way the odd head fits onto the body.

This does not look like something from the same company that brought us the impressive Training Armor Wonder Woman. Like Portman, Gadot's features are mildly exotic and tough to capture in a sculpt. But the Gadot portrait shows it can be done. The latest Black Widow (Endgame) shows they can do it. That ScarJo proto looks stunning with the sculpted pulled-back hair with her beautiful features front and center.

What happened here with Padme?

How did Howard approve this as con-ready? If this truly is what they want to PO and send through production, one shudders to think what could appear in boxes a year or so from now. Very disappointing.

I know I'm on a tear here, but it's only because we are talking about one of the most significant women in the SW saga and for this to be the representation HT wants to offer us...well, I hope they pull this back and present it later after some more work. It's insanely ironic that one of the leading ladies of SW is being shown up on the con floor by a teddy bear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back