Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beast Kingdom do not have his likeness. Just like they don't have Keaton's likeness. The prototype doesn't look like Jack at all.

Those figures are absolutely, embarrassingly awful. Especially for the price. There's no way that Joker is going to be any better than that joke of a 89 Batman figure they released.
Considering that the product description actually mentions Jack Nicholson by name, I would say they have his likeness rights regardless of how good (or bad in this case) anyone thinks the likeness on the product actually is. The same goes for their Keaton Batman.

Considering that the product description actually mentions Jack Nicholson by name, I would say they have his likeness rights regardless of how good (or bad in this case) anyone thinks the likeness on the product actually is. The same goes for their Keaton Batman.
I mean, they can say that all they'd Ike. It's blatenly false advertising as anyone with two eyes can clearly see that the likeness isn't there, not even a little bit. It's the sculptors own interpretation of his likeness is all.

There is no reality that exists where BK has acquired the rights to Nicholson's likeness, and that's even ignoring the obvious lack of it from the photos and based on how their Keaton Batman looks nothing like him either.

There's that theory that Howard Chan refuses to make new Ford figures since he smashed a HT Solo on Jimmy Fallon's show.

Indy 5 is Disney's biggest non MCU non Star Wars movie this year. While I would be pissed they didn't make anything from it, I do think they'll make an announcement in a few months saying they have been granted exclusive rights to make him from both the new film and Raiders.

We are owed a good Raiders Indy. I'm still disappointed in how DX05 turned out.

Hot toys does have the license fkr the new indy movie. We are definitely getting a new indy.

I personally don’t see this Batman sell out like DX09 back in the day. Maybe the deluxe with the gargoyle might? Anyway, not convinced this is a full blown 2.0, I think it’s a reissue. Need to see the eventual on hand pics to decide. Still pretty happy with my DX09 after all these years.
HT actually goes backwards with their 2.0 they didn’t even have the decency to weather WM gatling gun barrels like on the original diecast version.

Sometimes I hate this hobby...

I was so happy with DX09, and now, I see this one, and I can't stop seeing fails in DX09...

This reissue is far superior to the original IMO.

I mean, they can say that all they'd Ike. It's blatenly false advertising as anyone with two eyes can clearly see that the likeness isn't there, not even a little bit. It's the sculptors own interpretation of his likeness is all.

There is no reality that exists where BK has acquired the rights to Nicholson's likeness, and that's even ignoring the obvious lack of it from the photos and based on how their Keaton Batman looks nothing like him either.
Again just b/c you think it doesn’t look like Jack, doesn’t mean that they didn’t get the likeness rights. Just like how Star Ace infinitely misses the mark on their figures and headsculpts even though they have the likeness rights to the licenses they’re producing. Same could be said with many of Sideshow's 1/6 figures and statues for that matter. Heck, there are even a good number of times HT misses on the likeness no matter how realistic their portraits are. HT 1/4 TDK Joker barely resembles Heath Ledger if at all depending on who you ask; yet, it was still made with Ledger's likeness rights regardless of anyone's opinion on the accuracy of the sculpt.

Also, you saying "It's the sculptors own interpretation of his likeness is all" is pretty much what every sculptor does. Unless you're Sideshow that is (who blatantly said that their Clint Eastwood headsculpts are 10% caricature), most sculptors interpret the likeness of the actor to the best of their ability at the scale they're working in. This is why nearly every time a new sculptor tackles a certain actor/character that has been done before (like TDK Joker or Indiana Jones for instance), they all look a little different rather than carbon copies of each other. Inigo himself has had at least 4 versions of Indy if not more all looking a little different from the previous version. Same with Dean Tolliver and all his different TDK Joker sculpts.

Sure, the Beast Kingdom figures don’t look good; but, it isn’t the first time and won’t be the last time a figure comes out that doesn’t look like the actor it’s supposed to be portraying. Your personal feelings on the accuracy of the sculpts for those Nicholson or Keaton figures has no bearing on the fact that they got the rights to their likenesses to produce the figures.

Last edited:
Again just b/c you think it doesn’t look like Jack, doesn’t mean that they didn’t get the likeness rights. Just like how Star Ace infinitely misses the mark on their figures and headsculpts even though they have the likeness rights to the licenses they’re producing. Same could be said with many of Sideshow's 1/6 figures and statues for that matter. Heck, there are even a good number of times HT misses on the likeness no matter how realistic their portraits are. HT 1/4 TDK Joker barely resembles Heath Ledger if at all depending on who you ask; yet, it was still made with Ledger's likeness rights regardless of anyone's opinion on the accuracy of the sculpt.

Also, you saying "It's the sculptors own interpretation of his likeness is all" is pretty much what every sculptor does. Unless you're Sideshow that is (who blatantly said that their Clint Eastwood headsculpts are 10% caricature), most sculptors interpret the likeness of the actor to the best of their ability at the scale they're working in. This is why nearly every time a new sculptor tackles a certain actor/character that has been done before (like TDK Joker or Indiana Jones for instance), they all look a little different rather than carbon copies of each other. Inigo himself has had at least 4 versions of Indy if not more all looking a little different from the previous version. Same with Dean Tolliver and all his different TDK Joker sculpts.

Sure, the Beast Kingdom figures don’t look good; but, it isn’t the first time and won’t be the last time a figure comes out that doesn’t look like the actor it’s supposed to be portraying. Your personal feelings on the accuracy of the sculpts for those Nicholson or Keaton figures has no bearing on the fact that they got the rights to their likenesses to produce the figures.
There is not a single thing aside from their bs claim on their description that would suggest they have the rights. It's not news to anyone how expensive and difficult it is to aquire those rights. You're somehow doubling down on what is the most obvious incorrect assumption that I've ever seen. Almost like you want it to be true, to a fault.

The likeness isn't there, that's not an opinion - it's a fact. You have literally NOTHING to go on except that silly description that you seem to put so much faith in.

I don't know why you can't see what's right there in front of you or why you refuse to acknowledge how extremely unlikely it would be for a company like BK - of all the toy companies in the business - to have the magic ticket, the connections and the obscene amount of money it would require to get his likeness rights.

There's a reason you don't see his likeness used much and why HT is one of the few that was willing to pay for it and have never since reissued that figure.

You do you. I'll stay over here in reality and use my own two eyes and common sense on this one. We will agree to disagree. Cheers.

But its been 10 years... I mean, if you were 10 when you got the DX09, you'd be 20 now. A lot has changed. Puberty. Cars. Girls. Time to upgrade your toys.
Perfect opportunity to weather up the DX-09 into the battle damaged Batman when the 2.0 arrives!

I've considered doing that to mine. DX09 is still a great figure imo. Yes it's out dated, but it's held up better than a lot of hot toys figures (not reffering to the materials lol)
i find there are good things from the dx09 that the 2.0 lacks. mainly the cowl shape and the mouthplate. i think them removing the back compartment piece is good but them changing the eyehole doesn't scream 89 to me anymore. still gonna get it just because i like the seamless look behind the cowl and their decal work for moveable eyes is very good and more accurate to keaton's eyes as opposed to dx09. maybe they will change the eyeholes so cut is sharper, maybe not. they know suckers like me will get it since its a nostalgic character. unless i didn't notice they used different cowls for different shots throughout the movie where the cutouts for his eyes are more smoothed down
1677482809953.png
1677483008548.png
1677483042096.png

There is not a single thing aside from their bs claim on their description that would suggest they have the rights. It's not news to anyone how expensive and difficult it is to aquire those rights. You're somehow doubling down on what is the most obvious incorrect assumption that I've ever seen. Almost like you want it to be true, to a fault.

The likeness isn't there, that's not an opinion - it's a fact. You have literally NOTHING to go on except that silly description that you seem to put so much faith in.

I don't know why you can't see what's right there in front of you or why you refuse to acknowledge how extremely unlikely it would be for a company like BK - of all the toy companies in the business - to have the magic ticket, the connections and the obscene amount of money it would require to get his likeness rights.

There's a reason you don't see his likeness used much and why HT is one of the few that was willing to pay for it and have never since reissued that figure.

You do you. I'll stay over here in reality and use my own two eyes and common sense on this one. We will agree to disagree. Cheers.
Haha wow you are way too worked up about this :lol But, you know what? You're right. I guess we'll have to start coming to you anytime someone thinks a likeness is off, so your eyes can look at it. That way we'll know if a company actually has the rights to the actor’s likeness or not. We could use even more of that kind of "common sense" around here. I'm glad you have this amazing gift to enlighten us at times like these.

:duff

Last edited:
Back