Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2871.jpeg

Looking forward to '89 :)

As a former owner, what's your take on the HT design? It still looks too flat to me in the middle. I think it should dip down more and have a more curvaceous profile - a bit more like a roller coaster. I just can't decide whether it's worth an additional $1k to have that accuracy and a nice paint job.
Also a former owner here. I agree with what you say about what it should have looked like, but it's a weird design that changes significantly depending on viewing angle and of course, photography can do all kinds of strange things to it. That thing looked amazing on display.

It was/is an incredible piece I really enjoyed; I ultimately sold it because I got bored of collecting in general (I still enjoy following collectibles, I guess I should say I got bored of owning a lot of them and wanted to move on with my space and money) ... but if I was in the market again I'd go with the Jazzinc. version; as I've said before, it takes up space, it's not easy to sell if you want to, it represents commitment. For those reasons I'd get the best version I could.

Economical situation , budget and motivation from a side, there will be much more differences than an accurate paint job.

It will certainly be like comparing this
08347F62-5917-4FA3-9130-677C11740475.jpeg

FF7751C3-159C-40EF-AE14-5B07D0C505CD.jpeg

(Strangely, this exhibit car looks like an exact 1:1 Hot Toys replica IMO).

To this
4A2C2197-74BC-49BE-A7FE-D412E09E4537.jpeg
41D50AED-43A4-4AB8-8952-15CB04504533.jpeg

Everybody knows both are 89 Batmobile but only one looks like the real car.

Last edited:
7byhdq.gif

8cykir.gif

Did the Onstar commercials use the original car?
Actually some of the best Batmobile character footage, they must have spent a mint on these commercials.
Also that hybrid Batsuit isn't a bad look.

Last edited:
Economical situation , budget and motivation from a side, there will be much more differences than an accurate paint job.

View attachment 624585
View attachment 624586

To this
View attachment 624589View attachment 624588

If you told me the top photos were the real thing I would have believed you

Last edited:

View attachment 624585
View attachment 624586

To this
View attachment 624589View attachment 624588

If you told me the top photos were the real thing I would have believe you
Same here. And if the HT batmobile had a paint job like that I don't think Joost would be bothering with his own version. Of course we'd need to dust it every single day. :lol

Also that hybrid Batsuit isn't a bad look.

Based on the emblem (and nipples), this is the Kilmer and Clooney suit combined. They used it for the Birds of Prey show too.

Been a long time since I saw these commercials. Year 2000 is post-Batman & Robin. I know they kept the OG Batmobile around for tours and shows still.

If you told me the top photos were the real thing I would have believed you
I get that there are probably inconsistencies, but even as someone who played the VHS tape until it stopped working, it’s like I’m doing a “spot the difference” puzzle.
gofun4.jpg

“See, the rear grill is a different piece, and the wing flares are slightly longer, and…”

Huge difference…
2CF9D367-EB5D-4A0B-869C-00B5A8D72E70.jpeg

:LOL:

More seriously, that’s exactly the point. 99% of people won’t notice inaccuracies once both cars displayed next to.

But after have owned the HT during 10 years, my eyes are trained and I see them all…😉

5AD3C76B-0117-4281-B1E5-C7ED135FB02D.jpeg

Well that was way to burn a couple of minutes on this 2+ hour train journey.

KG have listed dlx Batman to release in Q3 23 but sideshow have Q2-3 24 which must be right. Shame. I thought this guy was oven ready for a bit there.

There are gonna be so many Batmans on the way once this Flash film is out, I don’t how I’m going to cope!

Yikes! Where to & when did you ship it - Australia at the height of the pandemic? :lol For comparison, Joost is forecasting $260 to the US for his 89 Batmobile next year. Something tells me you still made a killing, but man that seems high.

As a former owner, what's your take on the HT design? It still looks too flat to me in the middle. I think it should dip down more and have a more curvaceous profile - a bit more like a roller coaster. I just can't decide whether it's worth an additional $1k to have that accuracy and a nice paint job.
Pre pandemic from NY to I forgot where lol :slap

If I remember correctly the Tumbler went from New York to Pennsylvania and the 89 went from New York to Texas!

1245053E-CC92-4D11-9E71-1E1C49DBA754.jpeg

For its time the HT 89 was nice but imperfect in execution.

Attachments

• 54C8B527-EAD2-4C4C-AF26-C7E22AFB09C4.jpeg
    54C8B527-EAD2-4C4C-AF26-C7E22AFB09C4.jpeg
    33.7 KB · Views: 2
View attachment 624644

Well that was way to burn a couple of minutes on this 2+ hour train journey.

KG have listed dlx Batman to release in Q3 23 but sideshow have Q2-3 24 which must be right. Shame. I thought this guy was oven ready for a bit there.

There are gonna be so many Batmans on the way once this Flash film is out, I don’t how I’m going to cope!
… There’s one more difference. *evil laugh*

Yeah, I wish he was coming sooner. We all know they’ll announce a Flashpoint Batman too, and having two pending Keaton Batmans might be more than even some hardcore fans can manage.

… There’s one more difference. *evil laugh*

Yeah, I wish he was coming sooner. We all know they’ll announce a Flashpoint Batman too, and having two pending Keaton Batmans might be more than even some hardcore fans can manage.
Ha- got it. The fish’ gills.

I may have to set a rule that I won’t get anything from Flashpoint- but if the Affleck suits have an iota of the BVS beauty, I’ll cave.

I think 89 and Returns Batman would suffice for representing Keaton- oh and the turtleneck look at the Bat-computer. Not hugely enamoured with what I’ve seen of his primary Flashpoint suit so I can probably skip all of those and I’m really not feeling The Flash’s new look either.

I spend most of my money on nostalgia stuff but I love everything Batman. I only skip if a design really doesn’t do anything for me- like the standard JL suit.

Did the Batman threads get combined? The other title was more accurate considering the figure ended up being more than a reissue.
Yup threads got combined ( I asked Asta b/c similar conversations were being had in both) but this one was the one that became the dominant thread instead of the other one with the better title and pics in the first post.

Maybe @Captain Clown or one of the mods can change the title along with adding the pics in the first post from the original thread located here: Hot Toys 1/6 scale BATMAN 1989 Collectible Figure (Reissue)

Don’t know why they changed so much the color of the eyes.
Keaton doesn’t get deep blue eyes but blue/greenish eyes.
It really changes the look.
5FF6E7D8-21CF-4A4C-9F9B-53EB0DC1F3C9.png

4E32CAFB-FEF4-4A42-B87F-CE6EB82F51C8.jpeg

F9E03FC4-9D6B-46BD-BBCF-050892C79D8C.jpeg

1751FE63-CE66-466E-A53D-E781BC4E9DDF.jpeg

36AF1F56-7880-4E3C-82AD-B94B9BFA6CEF.png

Last edited:
Back