1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone posed the Endor version on a SS Speederbike yet? I don’t think I’m going to be able to get the pose I want because of the fixed neck, which is a shame.
4C40CD0A-9AA5-428E-8D28-7ED84BFEA857.jpeg

I placed my order. I?m not thrilled that they released one only to improve it and release it again shortly after, but with this version I?ll have all the accessories I could ever want for Jedi Luke. I?ll sell off the old body. I?m sure people can find some use for it.

Just to clarify, it's exactly the same body underneath the clothing on the old figure as the new figure.....its only the fat suit and tailoring that has been amended.

Well boom! No changing my mind now...my order at BBTS was just processed...no advance email, nothing.
Well, I'll see for myself next week...

Has anyone posed the Endor version on a SS Speederbike yet? I don?t think I?m going to be able to get the pose I want because of the fixed neck, which is a shame.
View attachment 475346

I posted some (speeder bike thread, go back to post #1505 - February 9, 2019). This was with the v1 Hot Toys. It looked okay but you cannot achieve what you see on screen mostly because of the fixed neck. The small Sideshow handlebars don't help either.

If one really wanted a more accurate look and was willing to mod the body, I'm guessing you could dremel out a bit of the back of the neck opening to allow the head to go back farther.

Well clearly I didn't need to spend all that time slimming down my original figure! This new one already does a much better job of it, and also has the more squared shoulders and thinner arms that I was really missing on mine.

So yeah, definitely going to use this new figure for my Throne Room Luke and the old one for Endor.

View attachment 475276
Thanks for the comparison!
So the shirt was definitely retailored on this, and it's not just due to the fatsuit underneath being different? The sleeves do look much nicer on the new one.

Looks good on that base

I canceled it. I have enough Jedi Luke's in the collection. I'll just enjoy the shots in here. Hopefully made someone's day who was waiting for their order from BBTS. Have fun!

Yes, it's the same vest. I have the v1 vest on my v2 luke.

Thanks man. I swear it was driving me nuts wondering. I watched Justins review and the new V2 vest looked a tad darker.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 4.07.03 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 4.07.03 PM.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 362
Thanks for the comparison!
So the shirt was definitely retailored on this, and it's not just due to the fatsuit underneath being different? The sleeves do look much nicer on the new one.

Yeah looks like they probably narrowed the shoulders a bit. And the shirt just has a much crisper look to it overall.

He could still be slimmed down a bit more in the torso, but it's not a huge deal and something I can live with for now.

So, what would one need to turn this deluxe into two figures? A new body is the obvious clue, but how much of the Endor garb covers up the original costume?
At the moment i'm assuming i'd only need the parted out pants and boots, with a basic black shirt being a cheap option to go under the Endor poncho.

So, what would one need to turn this deluxe into two figures? A new body is the obvious clue, but how much of the Endor garb covers up the original costume?
At the moment i'm assuming i'd only need the parted out pants and boots, with a basic black shirt being a cheap option to go under the Endor poncho.
Once I ordered the Deluxe I hit up Toy Anxiety and bought an extra

1-Black top
1-Black Pants
1-Pair Boots

I already had the belt from the V1 so if you dont have that you'll need to add that. And I had an extra true type narrow body so I used that for my extra look (Endor).

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back