1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my notice also. After months of no figures, this and bespin leia are shipping a day apart. Thanks sideshow...

5eba908b68c10553795f246ee79e7353.jpg

Love the sail barge look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got Crait Luke in this week.... trying to find a spot to order this one. Looks like SS is the only place with it in stock? (RIP taxes).

Tempted to get two lol... Never enough Luke figures, right?

Got Crait Luke in this week.... trying to find a spot to order this one. Looks like SS is the only place with it in stock? (RIP taxes).

Tempted to get two lol... Never enough Luke figures, right?

Toys Wonderland still has him in stock. Not sure what it?d come to with taxes and shipping through Sideshow, it?s $302 on TW now. Shipping?s usually around 20 but sans tax.

Toys Wonderland still has him in stock. Not sure what it?d come to with taxes and shipping through Sideshow, it?s $302 on TW now. Shipping?s usually around 20 but sans tax.

It was 23 bucks to ship from CA to IN plus 12 in taxes.
SS is casually putting a wedge in our relationship.

It was 23 bucks to ship from CA to IN plus 12 in taxes.
SS is casually putting a wedge in our relationship.

LMAO

It was $23 to ship him from CA to 2 hours down the street in CA, plus $26 in taxes.

Having worked at a retail UPS store, I know that they're charging me twice what it should cost to ship a package this size and weight within California. And that's retail price, so you know that they've definitely got a better deal with UPS proper going on.

I should have ordered a second luke to ship them together. I will wait until r 2 is in stock and order my second luke with r2 to save o shipping. I have rewards to burn so that will save a ton. Total bs about the tax. This is worse than any tax imposed by king George.

These figures are a $300 luxury item. For me, that makes a $20 shipping charge hard to complain about.

The US pays far less in sales tax than any other developed nation. HST and VAT are way more than even CA sales tax.

These figures are a $300 luxury item. For me, that makes a $20 shipping charge hard to complain about.

The US pays far less in sales tax than any other developed nation. HST and VAT are way more than even CA sales tax.

Spare the lecture, taxes levied in other nations are not relevant to sales tax charged in the US. Sales tax is complete BS as your income is already taxed. Nobody should be expected to kick in more earned money for the privilege of spending what is left after income tax.

Spare the lecture, taxes levied in other nations are not relevant to sales tax charged in the US. Sales tax is complete BS as your income is already taxed. Nobody should be expected to kick in more earned money for the privilege of spending what is left after income tax.

It's entirely relevant. Do you think other countries do not have income tax?

Have you ever lived outside the US? In terms of taxes, the US is the cheapest industrialized nation to live in the world.

Sales tax is how the world works. It serves a very specific purpose. I'm sorry you don't like it.

It's entirely relevant. Do you think other countries do not have income tax?

Have you ever lived outside the US? In terms of taxes, the US is the cheapest industrialized nation to live in the world.

Sales tax is how the world works. It serves a very specific purpose. I'm sorry you don't like it.

I'm well aware taxes in the US are relatively low compared to many other countries, but that does not make it relevant here. Just as many draconian laws in other countries are not relevant here either. While the majority of states do charge sales tax, there are US states that charge no sales tax that seem to get along just fine. So you see, it's not exactly "how the world works" unless you make it that way. It's a greedy government cash grab.

Back