1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to agree that the paint app is slightly better on the new heads, seems to have another wash as others have mentioned. Original one is still good obviously.

The interesting thing for me was that the angry head sculpt has a faint sweat (can see the sheen in the wrinkles under the eyes that I hadn't noticed but maybe it's been mentioned already). Also on the side-eyed sculpt, the eyebrows seem to be more aggressively painted than the original, looks a bit more serene in the original. Not sure that's intentional but nice to have the different variations.

lukeheads-01.jpg
lukeheads-04.jpg
lukeheads-07.jpg
lukeheads-10.jpg
lukeheads-13.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys I love this hobby.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I love the hobby too. Every week is renewed hope that a figure we?ve been waiting for will be announced. Hasn?t happened much lately for me, but I?ve loved this scale since the original Kenner 12 inch figures as a kid. Hopefully something ot Star Wars is announced this week.

I have to agree that the paint app is slightly better on the new heads, seems to have another wash as others have mentioned. Original one is still good obviously.

The interesting thing for me was that the angry head sculpt has a faint sweat (can see the sheen in the wrinkles under the eyes that I hadn't noticed but maybe it's been mentioned already). Also on the side-eyed sculpt, the eyebrows seem to be more aggressively painted than the original, looks a bit more serene in the original. Not sure that's intentional but nice to have the different variations.

View attachment 475213
View attachment 475216
View attachment 475219
View attachment 475222
View attachment 475229
Wow very subtle but makes a huge impact on the sculpt! And nice catch with the little bit if sweat!
I love the hobby too. Every week is renewed hope that a figure we?ve been waiting for will be announced. Hasn?t happened much lately for me, but I?ve loved this scale since the original Kenner 12 inch figures as a kid. Hopefully something ot Star Wars is announced this week.
Yeah I agree. While I havent collected 1:6 that long I have been collecting Kenner since the original line in the 80s. Started collecting 1:6 in 2008.

I caved just now and ordered. The total was 117.00 after emptying all of my reward points.
This was the figure I wanted all along but already owning the V1, the reward points were the only justification for me to purchase.

hope I made the right choice!

I caved just now and ordered. The total was 117.00 after emptying all of my reward points.
This was the figure I wanted all along but already owning the V1, the reward points were the only justification for me to purchase.

hope I made the right choice!

You definitely won't be disappointed!

Keep in mind though, the sail barge windswept sculpt is a custom sculpt; it’s not the actual HT sculpt with the HT windswept hair.

2D5755E0-8CC4-414E-AFB9-D88D3F1BEC08.jpeg

I was close to canceling this until I saw these shots. Just phenomenal. Really like the windswept hair look, especially with that great "fighting" stance he's posed with.

So much for saving money....lol.
Keep in mind though, the sail barge windswept sculpt is a custom sculpt; it?s not the actual HT sculpt with the HT windswept hair.

View attachment 475271
True that.

That's the Inigo Gil Custom sculpt painted my Nathan "Silent Surfer"

Well clearly I didn't need to spend all that time slimming down my original figure! This new one already does a much better job of it, and also has the more squared shoulders and thinner arms that I was really missing on mine.

So yeah, definitely going to use this new figure for my Throne Room Luke and the old one for Endor.

20200107_190238 (3).jpg

Oooohhhhh. Well then.

I'll keep mulling it over for a bit. Perhaps more shots will appear in here of what the set actually is that will sway me.

Appreciate the heads-up guys. It's a good looking custom and one heck of a display.

Well clearly I didn't need to spend all that time slimming down my original figure! This new one already does a much better job of it, and also has the more squared shoulders and thinner arms that I was really missing on mine.

So yeah, definitely going to use this new figure for my Throne Room Luke and the old one for Endor.

View attachment 475276

Typical HT. The deluxe/regular Endor body is the more desirable body, but the MMS429 release has all the accessories I’d want in a RotJ Luke. I have no interest in Endor or unseen sand gear.

View attachment 475276

Which is which ?

I placed my order. I’m not thrilled that they released one only to improve it and release it again shortly after, but with this version I’ll have all the accessories I could ever want for Jedi Luke. I’ll sell off the old body. I’m sure people can find some use for it.

Back