Hot Toys MMS 434 - Grand Moff Tarkin and Darth Vader Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
only thing I own HT wise from ANH is the RO Vader

giphy.gif

I did not want to wait sorry it was a quick idea I had. plus I had an extra ANH body I had laying around. I can always convert it back it was nothing that complicated to do.

So what's happening now? Are most people selling their ANH or RO Vaders with this new one coming out?

Just pre-ordered Tarkin from BBTS. Sideshow can stick their NRDs where the sun don't shine.

I'm kinda kicking myself from ordering from SS and paying the NRD on this now. BBTS has been putting alot of deposits on recent orders though, and they are usually higher than what SS charges, surprised this one didn't have it. Flat rate shipping would have been cheaper too, but with RP's, probably a wash. Either way, I had to pay that $47 at some point eventually I guess.

I ended up ordering just Tarkin. It's far too likely I'd want to sell the Vader as soon as a ROTJ version is announced (there can be only one... version of a character in my collection) so there's no point in getting something that I'm 99% sure would be temporary.

Anyone know if this is going to be an amalgamation of the RO & ANH Vader's or have they changed this up again?

(Sorry if this has already been discussed/asked)

Thinking of getting this set to start my star wars collection. Which stormtrooper should I get as my 1st one?

Thinking of getting this set to start my star wars collection. Which stormtrooper should I get as my 1st one?

I'd go for the regular Sandtrooper (MMS295).

If you're going to get this set, the Sandie is more classic to ANH I think than a regular Stormtrooper being that was their only appearance.

Yeah but if the idea is to go with this set a sandtrooper isn't appropriate. The only stormtrooper that suits this set is the clean original.

Yeah but if the idea is to go with this set a sandtrooper isn't appropriate. The only stormtrooper that suits this set is the clean original.

Cannot agree more. Scrape ebay find a classic ANH trooper. There is nothing more iconic than an OG whitey as far as stormtroopers go. Though I would definitely grab a sandtrooper second, as the prices are under retail still and that is HTs best made stormtrooper to date.

Is is definately a great way to start a SW collection! I'm hoping to display Emperor, Royal Guard, Tarkin and ANH Vader all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back