Hot Toys MMS 434 - Grand Moff Tarkin and Darth Vader Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
¿pero por qué?

311556f1-1317-4f33-9268-e5dee4f60800.png

Don't get me started on this ..I miss the original song ..that thing I wish Han blasted him :slap

Almost every Harmy DVD I've bought has been wonky from the get-go, or stopped working. And the guy selling them here is totally price gouging at this point. So, unfortunately, I've resorted to the SE Blu Ray until and unless something official comes out.

What kind of player do you use? I've had mixed results with burned discs in general but often it came down to the player.

I know I had an issue with one of the discs. ANH maybe so I threw good money after bad and bought the team negative version. :lol

I also have the old bonus disc DVDs but the quality really is such a backward step from everything else these days that it can be tough to watch. The only SE I'll watch is Empire. Changes don't bug me that much, especially if it's just an on-in-the background type of viewing.

To me it's all relative. I had laserdiscs back in the day and the 1993 Star Wars Definitive Collection CAV OT set retailed for $249.99 which would be $423.05 in 2017 dollars. I bought the 1995 THX discs for $59.99 each which would be $101.53 today. And the current Harmy versions are much better than those previous releases. I guess $20 a disc is right about the same as a bare bones release you might find at Target or something but still much cheaper than if Criterion or someone had released them.

And its the freaking theatrical OT!!!

:exactly:

If any of you guys were part of the Empire how would you feel about taking orders from a guy who looks and talks like this

Yep and you can't say "oh well he was younger then." 12 years after ROTS Hayden looks exactly the same so if he hadn't been burned that is indeed who'd be striding through the Blockade Runner doors at the beginning of ANH. :lol

Yep and you can't say "oh well he was younger then." 12 years after ROTS Hayden looks exactly the same so if he hadn't been burned that is indeed who'd be striding through the Blockade Runner doors at the beginning of ANH. :lol

Can you imagine admiral Ozzel, Capt Needa , Admiral Piete, General Veers etc walking into this after Padme's death

These are up on BBTS now. No deposit for either one.

To me it's all relative. I had laserdiscs back in the day and the 1993 Star Wars Definitive Collection CAV OT set retailed for $249.99 which would be $423.05 in 2017 dollars. I bought the 1995 THX discs for $59.99 each which would be $101.53 today. And the current Harmy versions are much better than those previous releases. I guess $20 a disc is right about the same as a bare bones release you might find at Target or something but still much cheaper than if Criterion or someone had released them.

And its the freaking theatrical OT!!!
If Harmy himself were profiting from this, I might pay that amount. And I don't mind a guy making a few bucks for helping out others here. But if someone is making $15+ of profit for each DVD, just for burning and shipping something, I can't justify it, particularly when there's no guarantee it will work. I could buy a Blu Ray burner for $50 or so and actually save money doing it myself. I may just need a new player, but the fact that my copies work for awhile suggests it might actually be the discs.

Let me save you guys the suggestions. Fortunately for me my DVD/ blu ray player is in excellent condition and I was fortunate to purchase the OT DVD set from the Lucas archive when it came out originally or I as I like to refer to " the Lucas getting custody of the original cuts of the OT from his wife " DVD collection

So I can pop these editions anytime I want..only disadvantage is these films lack true HD quality but still good enough for a DVD set :lecture

Let me save you guys the suggestions. Fortunately for me my DVD/ blu ray player is in excellent condition and I was fortunate to purchase the OT DVD set from the Lucas archive when it came out originally or I as I like to refer to " the Lucas getting custody of the original cuts of the OT from his wife " DVD collection

So I can pop these editions anytime I want..only disadvantage is these films lack true HD quality but still good enough for a DVD set :lecture
I had those, and they were pretty terrible IMO. Borderline unwatchable on an HDTV.

Got my preorder placed for the two-pack through BBTS. :yess:

Those are awful. Worse than a standard DVD and when blown up on a 16:9 screen (since they're not even anamorphically enhanced) they look worse than VHS.

Those 2006 DVD's were a massive "F U" from Lucas to fans of the original OT.

Got my preorder placed for the two-pack through BBTS. :yess:

Those are awful. Worse than a standard DVD and when blown up on a 16:9 screen (since they're not even anamorphically enhanced) they look worse than VHS.

Those 2006 DVD's were a massive "F U" from Lucas to fans of the original OT.

Eh I don't mind, I got them at retail at the time even it was on sale at Bestbuy if I remember so I don't mind.

I'm full on amazon tv and streaming devices nowadays anyway. I'd prefer little blu rays purchases although I probably get the WW and Spidey HC blu ray

It just sucks the digital OT is the special edition revised :pfft:

Getting back to the figure I hope by next year HT realizes that Tarkin's cuffs don't stick out like that and they fix this by the release :slap

guyver1 pick up the excellent Harmy Star Wars blu-rays that are cleaned up versions of the theatrical OT (theatrical edits with matte lines and transparencies removed.) Or go full original theatrical with the Team Negative 1 direct 35mm print transfer. Those are the only versions that have gotten any play in my household for years now. Nobody should have to suffer through that SE junk anymore.

This is a :goodpost: !

Back