1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 318 - Star Wars Ep.VII - First Order Heavy Gunner Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS 318 - Hot Toys First Order Heavy Gunner Stormtrooper

Very nice but pass for me.

I love the variety in these troopers. This one is probably my favorite of the three from HT so far. Ordered him as part of the 2-pack but I'm tempted to pick up a solo as well. Of course, then I'd have two of these guys and three regulars. Would probably need a fourth regular to round things out. This is going to be dangerous...

Like the Troopers more than I thought I would. I have 3 problems with their weapons: 1) Don't like the dual black/white color. 2) the regular blaster is barely bigger than he pistol. 3) the heavy gun looks like a leaf blower. :dunno

sky_leafblower.jpg

I don't understand the whole chest rig thing. Since when have we remotely seen any stormtrooper reload his weapon? I like realism more than anybody but jus like the whole "deflecting the laser bolt with a lightsabre" thing in eps. 1-3, it just annoys me when they start changing things drastically.

Last edited:
I don't understand the whole chest rig thing. Since when have we remotely seen any stormtrooper reload his weapon? I like realism more than anybody but jus like the whole "deflecting the laser bolt" thing in eps. 1-3, it just annoys me when they start changing things drastically.

Deflecting the laser bolt thing?

I think it makes the Stormtroopers look more like an actual army. If you're going to send out a squad of troops you're not going to arm every single one of them in the exact same manner. Plus, the stormtroopers that we haven't seen reloading aren't carrying a giant gun like this one. Who knows how the ammunition works for it.

Last edited:
Deflecting laser bolt thing?

I think it makes the Stormtroopers look more like an actual army. If you're going to send out a squad of troops you're not going to arm every single one of them in the exact same manner. Plus, the stormtroopers that we haven't seen reloading aren't carrying a giant gun like this one. Who knows how the ammunition works for it.

Granted, we do not in fact know about the whole "reloading" thing, but still it just doesn't look right to me. And as far as stormtroopers carrying big guns, I remember them having mg34's and such.
I just think that they are going for all of the current military cues that are being used now. The older movies used WWII and ancient times for design.
Actually, with what I've seen, the whole movie just seems to go for the more flashy look.
But like I said before, maybe I'll change my tune once th movie comes out. The rebels cartoon hasn't restored any of my faith though. Disney may have crushed the series. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Granted, we do not in fact know about the whole "reloading" thing, but still it just doesn't look right to me. And as far as stormtroopers carrying big guns, I remember them having mg34's and such.

They did, but they were rarely seen or used. I'm guessing these guys will be more prominently featured in the movie, though we'll have to wait and see. The fact that they were using mg34s makes even less sense than carrying ammo packs. A long time ago and far, far away but somehow using current Earth military weapons?

I think the purpose here is two-fold. The style helps separate the troopers from one another so you don't just have two Stormtroopers, with one that just happens to have a larger gun. The second is from a merchandising perspective. They're much more likely to sell more Stormtroopers if they slightly change the look of one and rebrand it while using all of the same parts.

I'm biased anyways because I think it looks cool. :cool:

They did, but they were rarely seen or used. I'm guessing these guys will be more prominently featured in the movie, though we'll have to wait and see. The fact that they were using mg34s makes even less sense than carrying ammo packs. A long time ago and far, far away but somehow using current Earth military weapons?

I think the purpose here is two-fold. The style helps separate the troopers from one another so you don't just have two Stormtroopers, with one that just happens to have a larger gun. The second is from a merchandising perspective. They're much more likely to sell more Stormtroopers if they slightly change the look of one and rebrand it while using all of the same parts.

I'm biased anyways because I think it looks cool. :cool:
I have no problem with anybody liking it. Just me personally, I am getting kinda nervous about the whole thing. The last three sucked, so a fourth sucking won't help matters! Haha

I have no problem with anybody liking it. Just me personally, I am getting kinda nervous about the whole thing. The last three sucked, so a fourth sucking won't help matters! Haha

No doubt. The PT left a bad taste in the mouth of most every Star Wars fan. I have much higher hopes for the upcoming films though. Abrams seems to have a great respect for the Star Wars universe and recreating the look and feel of the original trilogy. But, we'll all see in December. At least with the PT being what it was, there's nowhere really to go but up from here, right?

Maybe with the bigger guns they can finally hit something in one of these upcoming movies. :monkey1

Haha, perfect. :lol

The one reason the PT sucked has been removed entirely from the current and all future equations. That's enough for this guy to raise his hopes.

Back