1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received mine last week. Unfortunately the light up hand was broken :( Good thing Sideshow is great about returns and replacements! My replacement arm should be here sometime within the next week or so. I see now why Sideshow always says to fully inspect items, this is my first Hot Toys figure with a light up issue.

I think the likeness is very good. I am happy.

Close...

Dave-Prowse-Darth-Vader-Alec-Guiness.jpg

There's a lot of discussion if you look back over the Vader threads (which I've been rummaging through for my Hurricane/Kaiyodo/SSC custom Vader) but I think in 1/6 Vader is supposed to be 13" (some say 13 1/4" but I think that's a smidge over) and Kenobi just under 12" as Guiness was a couple of inches shy of 6'.

In Wor-Gar's pic (a good one because it's Prowse, not a stunt performer, and both are presumably in costume boots,) you can see there'd be about a 1" difference in 1/6 scale if you imagine the helmet on Prowse's head.

Got the old crazy wizard in today. Overall quite happy. Will try the SS white under robes, and the repainted Skiman SS HS when I get that back to see what's what. No questioning the quality of hot toys paint etc. I found the likeness improved with the hood up. The robe on the Ht's is undeniably superior to the SS outer robe.
Happy to have this in my collection.

Arrived today. Love it. My favorite of the Hot Toys Star Wars line so far, though I don't own Bespin Luke. It's true that the sculpt looks better in hand.

View attachment 219764

He looks really good there. I was surprised by Michael Crawford giving it four stars for sculpt - seems like the figure is staging a comeback.:lol:clap

In all the pics I've seen, the saber doesn't quite look bright enough to read as a lightsaber - is it the same in hand?

He looks really good there. I was surprised by Michael Crawford giving it four stars for sculpt - seems like the figure is staging a comeback.:lol:clap

In all the pics I've seen, the saber doesn't quite look bright enough to read as a lightsaber - is it the same in hand?

I think it's plenty bright, but no, not as bright as the movies.

All of the sculpts from this line seem like the characters are really bummed out.

I dont mean this in a bad way, but Obi-Wan's prodigy killed pretty much all of his friends, created an opressive galactic empire and marooned him on a crappy desert planet in a hutt for say 17 years or so.

He has plenty of reasons to look bummed out.

That looks amazing - shows the truly incredible work that HT pulled off. :clap

If more ginger was added to the beard in places (and some actual white at the front, not grey,) it would look great.

All of the sculpts from this line seem like the characters are really bummed out.

The pic does bring to mind the Indian shedding a tear over pollution for some reason.:lol

I dont mean this in a bad way, but Obi-Wan's prodigy killed pretty much all of his friends, created an opressive galactic empire and marooned him on a crappy desert planet in a hutt for say 17 years or so.

I'd be more totally confused than bummed out thinking back over all those events though (as presented in the PT.) It'd take you 20 years just to think it all through. But then it didn't even occur to Ben that's he's the last Jedi hiding out... while wearing full Jedi robes on an Imperial-occupied planet.:lol

Old ben arrived today. The sculpt is definitely life like but I felt the only way I could truly bring out Sir Alec Guinness's likeness was with the hood up.

Amazing figure...so many classic posing options make it fun...hood up / hood down, sabre / no sabre, robe / robe off all having true classic moments.

Obi Wan was never marooned he chided to stay on tantooine to watch Luke grow up

I guess this just recently shipped? I was hoping to find more parts on ebay and Toy Anxiety. Looks like most items sold quick at TA and ebay only has one or two things I don't need. I want the robe. I haven't decided if I want the inner robes yet or not. They look high quality but a bit too PT and shear looking. Overall, he's a great looking figure even if I do think the likeness is a disappointment.

Back