1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted a thread on this in the customs section but didn't get too many replies so I thought I'd ask here - has anyone got any ideas about how I can convert this into a spirit of Obi-Wan figure? I have a spare and I want to do just that using glow in the dark paint but I haven't been able to find anything that works well without UV light. My children tend to handle my figures so I also want to make sure there's nothing radioactive in it (!). I've bought various things locally but nothing seems to work well and it's difficult to gauge online how good a product will be. Anyone got any ideas?

Photoshop effects?
Take two pics with a camera on a tripod. One with the figure in frame and one with it removed. Paste obi-wan back into the one without him there and change the opacity of his layer. There will also be effects you can add to give him a blue hue.
It will be easier and cheaper than ruining a whole HT figure, lol.

Photoshop effects?
Take two pics with a camera on a tripod. One with the figure in frame and one with it removed. Paste obi-wan back into the one without him there and change the opacity of his layer. There will also be effects you can add to give him a blue hue.
It will be easier and cheaper than ruining a whole HT figure, lol.

Thanks for the suggestions. The figure was assembled pretty cheaply from various auctions so I don't feel bad about customising it. I like the Pepper's Ghost idea but that is a little complicated for my shelf and besides I want him to have a blue glow. As for the photoshop suggestion, thanks but I want a figure not a photo :)

Seriously, am I really trying to do something impossible?

Thanks for the suggestions. The figure was assembled pretty cheaply from various auctions so I don't feel bad about customising it. I like the Pepper's Ghost idea but that is a little complicated for my shelf and besides I want him to have a blue glow. As for the photoshop suggestion, thanks but I want a figure not a photo :)

Yes. He's see-through as a force ghost.

You could sculpt a new body and clothes and add the head to it. Then use this to make a make a mold and cast it in a clear resin, tinted blue.

There are some really good YouTube videos showing how some people have done it. It will probably end up being a rather large shadow box display but will look fantastic. As for the blue glow, you simply light the figure with a blue LED light.

Yes. He's see-through as a force ghost.

He's not see-through in most of his scenes in ESB and ROTJ, he just has a blue glow around him.

Oh well, I've let this project defeat me twice already, a third time won't matter.:gah:

Has anyone bought one of these heads off ebay? As I was thinking of using it on my sideshow Obi Wan as a cheap upgrade.
2ff3f11edede602f70a2b2a53719674c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Has anyone bought one of these heads off ebay? As I was thinking of using it on my sideshow Obi Wan as a cheap upgrade.
2ff3f11edede602f70a2b2a53719674c.jpg

Yep, I have one on my custom figure. I think it's really good. However, I will be getting the new Jnix head to replace it...

Yep, I have one on my custom figure. I think it's really good. However, I will be getting the new Jnix head to replace it...
Thanks, I might just get this, it's good and cheap enough for me.

Back