1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20151116_124509.jpg

Finally arrived today!

Well I just had a pleasant surprise, apparently Obi Wan will be with me tomorrow! Forbidden Planet had him listed for a January release so quite a surprise really. They still haven't received their stock for Han & Chewie, which s a bit weird as Obi Wan was released after them. Bu there ya go!

This pic has me impatient for a Hot Toys Yoda!

I've been wondering about that as well... But so far, Hot Toys has been "idealizing" their Star Wars figures, so I'm not sure that a HT Yoda headsculpt would look much better than the SSC one (which is actually really good). I would love it if his head had a rubber skin, so it would come off as older, and weathered, but I'm sure that would have issues as well.

Even if they are a bit more idealized all the Hot Toys sculpts have been improvements over anything SS has done. In my eyes anyway. I have both the SS versions but I would absolutely pick up the HT if they made it. More than likely come with the back pack to fit him in so a must have for me.

Mine turned up today, and all I can say is WOW! I've got him displayed with my Hot Toys Stormtroopers and the SS A New Hope Vader. Vader looks absolutley Mahoosive! Can't wait for Han & Chewie, Sandtrooper, Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Luke in Stormtrroper digusie and princess Leia to turn up. My wallet on the other hand.......

20151117_160913.jpg

Crappy pic from my phone.
This is a mix of sideshow and hot toys parts and a narrow body

I know that I'll eventually pick it up, but it's the one OT figure that I'm just not in a rush to pick up. The photos of the head sculpt just don't win me over. I'm sure that in hand it's a much better rendition of Sir Alec, but it's just not providing that "Whoa!" factor, unlike the photos of Leia and Luke.

I was moving some figures around tonight and futzing with Kenobi a bit, and at one point I got startled as I saw a mini Guinness--he was on a higher shelf and his face was mostly in shadow and he quickly disappeared as I moved him back into the light and readjusted his hood. But still, there he was for that brief moment. :lol

Back