1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like DX05 Indy and I don't think there's anything wrong with PERS and that it in no way affects the likeness even though I see that feature parroted as a scape goat all the time.

well, I don't have it, nor even seen it in hand so I am not going to work too hard to blast the peers. The eyelids looked really dark in many pictures though. Glad you like it :)

Just looks like Guinness dressed up as Henry Jones?

sample-large-fading.jpg

Would like to ask Pixel why he objects to people liking and enjoying this figure?

Live and let live?

Last edited:
Alec McGuiness? Damn. :slap

Bwa ha ha! Oops. No idea what I was thinking there. Anyway, the point still stands. I'll take Hot Toys' sculpt over the (in my eyes) cruder Sideshow. But I don't begrudge anyone who likes the Sideshow one better. In the Vader thread I'm debating keeping my Sideshow one because I like it better in some ways than the Sideshow. So it's not like my brain automatically thinks HT > SS or anything.

And I'd totally know that was... him... in context or out of context. Sorry folks.

-------

Anywho... (and not directed at the quoted person... to make that clear....)

The need for some people to bludgeon others over the head with their opinion is just REALLY weird to me. You don't think it looks like him. WE GET IT. It doesn't make it a fact. Perhaps... move along, move along? :)

tumblr_mqxy6op7Xj1rth2h5o1_400.gif

Bwa ha ha! Oops. No idea what I was thinking there. Anyway, the point still stands. I'll take Hot Toys' sculpt over the cruder Sideshow. But I don't begrudge anyone who likes the Sideshow one better. And I'd totally know that was... him... in context or out of context. Sorry folks.

-------

Anywho... (and not directed at the quoted person... to make that clear....)

The need for some people to bludgeon others over the head with their opinion is just REALLY weird to me. You don't think it looks like him. WE GET IT. It doesn't make it a fact. Perhaps... move along, move along? :)

:clap:clap:clap:clap

Oh and just to let you all know that Stealth V has left SSF. Shame to have lost a great contributor to board.

Because he was fed up with the ungratefulness and hostility from some members.

Because of this thread?

If so I can't imagine there was hostility directed towards him due to excellent photos he took of a sculpt that couldn't be made to appear any better, due to the inherent nature of the sculpt itself.

Good photos are good photos regardless of the subject.

In other news I sought out a second opinion.

I showed a sequence of the best photos of the HT Obi-Wan to my dad, who's a fan of Alec Guinness, but with no interest in Star Wars whatsoever (just like Alec himself!)

In fact it was a sequence by you, paramore.

Me: "Does this look like anyone?"

Dad: "I don't know."

Me: "It's supposed to be Alec Guinness."

Dad: "Looks nothing like him."

So that settles that. There's nowhere really to turn because both the HT and SS have problems.

The HT is a realistic sculpt (but not of Alec).

The SS bears a resemblance to Alec (but not realistically).

Common sense says go for the more realistically human head. Then use the hood and shadows to assist with the illusion.

But it doesn't end there, since the inner robe is so thin and with that obvious out of place texture running through it.

This is what's so frustrating with this release. :gah:

The HT is a realistic sculpt (but not of Alec).

The SS bears a resemblance to Alec (but not realistically).

Common sense says go for the more realistically human head. Then use the hood and shadows to assist with the illusion.

But it doesn't end there, since the inner robe is so thin and with that obvious out of place texture running through it.

This is what's so frustrating with this release. :gah:
That about sums it up.

That's good advice for all of us, in general, I think. We all tend to repeat ourselves ad nausium, positive and negative alike. I do agree that once people have 'had their say' a few times, they should just move on, especially once things start getting hostile. Just not worth getting into an argument on these boards. I find I only do so when I spend too much time here, so maybe Stealth got sick of both the negativity and amount of effort/time he was sinking into the forum.

I don't get how someone who is selling a product that goes with this figure, would be so narrow minded as to constantly attack the figure and trying to make anyone that owns this figure feel like an idiot. I certainly wouldn't buy anything from said person due to their troll like behavior and overall obnoxiousness. Besides I think the saber on this Ben looks great.

Back