1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While it upsets me, it's not a huge deal. I can make a replacement that will technically be superior. I just didn't want to HAVE to. image.jpg
Gah! Stupid iPad isn't playing ball tonight.

I cut the tip of a finger from a tC 41 and used that to replace one of my broken tusks. I'm pleased with the results. Lol2015-06-12 02.02.54.jpg

My fiancee saw the stormtroopers I got today and told me I must have a Darth Vader to go with them. This might have to be the one. Hoping to see new pictures from SDCC.

I still think he looks fantastic and the best 1:6 Vader I've seen, and I really liked SSC's Deluxe. Can't wait for September!

I still think he looks fantastic and the best 1:6 Vader I've seen, and I really liked SSC's Deluxe. Can't wait for September!

Do you honestly believe that vader will ship on schedule?? I know hot toys has been releasing the age of ultron figures months ahead of schedule but it seems like they're dragging their feet with Star Wars.

Haha, no clue ("September" was kind of figurative :p), it's very hard to predict when stuff will ship. I've been surprised with a couple things the last 12 months shipping early. I'm very patient, though, so if this ships Oct/Nov/Dec, it won't bother me so long as we get an impressive ANH Vader in-hand.

Haha, no clue ("September" was kind of figurative :p), it's very hard to predict when stuff will ship. I've been surprised with a couple things the last 12 months shipping early. I'm very patient, though, so if this ships Oct/Nov/Dec, it won't bother me so long as we get an impressive ANH Vader in-hand.

This is how i feel too. I'm not that patient myself but since i got so much other **** on my list this yr i am in no hurry. If it helps to give us a better vader by waiting till december i'm also down for that too.

The face still looks odly deformed. Hope the'll fix this

Best,

Robert

Not sold on this Vader. Still have the giraffe ANH from SSC, and want a GOOD 1/6 Vader, but neither the SSC deluxe, nor this HT are that one.

The more I compare this to the 1/4 ROTS version, the more I'd like to have an ANH Vader in my collection. Having the fabric drape over the torso armor rather than under it, the matte finish on the helmet, the shorter helmet... this just seems to have more character than the other versions.

Sadly, no one's taking pictures of this one. The only shots aimed squarely at a Vader are of the 1/4 figure.

Back