1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something off about the eyes. He kind of has this surprised look. Maybe dome needs to sit lower? I'm no vader expert

So the question is.. Can the dome be put on better? I don't know. I have already preorded this but now I'm a little disappointed.. Hope to see better pictures in the next days..

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I think this is not the Vader that I'm looking for, I'm lost in the continuous mods of my custom anh Vader (maybe I can go for the hot toys chest box that is near perfection), but I'm sure that this figure should be an iconic piece. It only needs some futz by a vader expert. In the pose we are seeing there are a lot of mistake. The inner robe is out of position, the belt and the cod piece are too low, the box on the belt are too wide, the chest armour is too high. The dome needs to be lowered. The only real problem should be the height. My fear is that as soon as I see your in hands pics of hot toys Vader I'll have to buy him!

I can't get past that bland stare. He looks surprised that hot toys is pooping out so many star wars figures. Also i don't like the helmet. It's weird somehow. He doesn't look menacing at all.

Best,

Robert

more pics c/o: toyak.com, jeditemplearchives.com, sideshowtoy.com, & mwctoys.com

251.jpg

sdcc2015_sideshow_67.jpg

sdcc2015_sideshow_69.jpg

SDCC2015-Hot-Toys-Star-Wars-015.jpg

SDCC2015-Hot-Toys-Star-Wars-016.jpg

SDCC2015-Hot-Toys-Star-Wars-017.jpg

SDCC2015-Hot-Toys-Star-Wars-018.jpg

It looks like they tried to reduce his height without changing proportions on everything else.

The dome is not looking so hot either.

it bothers me that at the moment that 1/4 ROTS vader looks really good helmet and body wise but this one doesn't. Might have to get a 1/4 figure just to have 1 good vader in my collection.

it bothers me that at the moment that 1/4 ROTS vader looks really good helmet and body wise but this one doesn't. Might have to get a 1/4 figure just to have 1 good vader in my collection.

It will still be shorter than Sideshow's Vaders.:lecture

I always thought something looked off with this one from the initial reveal, so I haven't really been following it but...what the hell happened??? It looked "off" before, but now it just looks terrible! I have a Vader shampoo bottle that has a better sculpt than this!

Have never been that impressed with this Vader, but now it's even worse.

Reminds me of Hasbro's 1/6 electronic version. Something about the suit and proportions.

Back