1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Cap...It was not that hard to switch out, no...Biggest thing was the chest armor...I had to have a friend tailor it for me so it fit better...I honestly don't remember which TT body I used...I know it wasn't the muscular one....Truetype slim I think....

The neck ball on the body fits the hole in the Fett helmet ok...But I actually just have the helmet sitting on the neck loose in the photos...Stays in place, so it's all good...

Many thanks. :duff

I have, 2 pack sand trooper, space trooper, sand trooper and Obi Wan on PO, and my wife has Han and Chewie 2 pack on PO for my birthday. That free's me up to PO Darth Vader after I make the final payment on my stormie's!

Now that HT is releasing SW figures in a faster manner (but still slow). I wonder if they'll release an ESB and Jedi version of this guy. Being that this is my favourite character, I don't know if I'd be happy or sad. Happy because it's more vaders, sad because I would want them all but couldn't afford it......first world problems right here.

I haven't committed to the ANH one so I wouldn't mind if HT revealed an empire one. Don't think we'd see that until after this one is out. Though who knows, seems like there are ten Iron Mans out at once.

Me too. I'm holding out for an ESB version. I know it won't be any time soon, but I can wait. In fact, it's probably better since it'll give my wallet some time to recoup!

I haven't committed to the ANH one so I wouldn't mind if HT revealed an empire one. Don't think we'd see that until after this one is out. Though who knows, seems like there are ten Iron Mans out at once.

I'm pretty content with my Sidehow ANH (modded) and ROTJ Vaders. I'm even pretty happy with my custom ROTS Vader. That said, if HotToys does an EMPIRE vader, I'll be all over it.
MINOR differences from the ROTJ but there ARE differences.

I'm pretty content with my Sidehow ANH (modded) and ROTJ Vaders. I'm even pretty happy with my custom ROTS Vader. That said, if HotToys does an EMPIRE vader, I'll be all over it.
MINOR differences from the ROTJ but there ARE differences.

Post a pic of them all! I'd love to see them side by side

I'll try to get them lined up tonight and take a shot.
Had a slightly rude surprise last night when I got home.
My Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Vader has a missing tusk. I asked my wife about it and it seems that she knocked it down while vacuuming my display room (that is supposed to be maintained by ME).

My Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Vader has a missing tusk. I asked my wife about it and it seems that she knocked it down while vacuuming my display room (that is supposed to be maintained by ME).
I'd be pissed. BTW what do you mean by Vader's "tusk"?

no+disintegrations.gif

Ouch, behind the back vacuuming and then a cover up. Grounds for divorce. You'd so win when the judge found out she lost your Vader tusk

Guess anything's possible but personally I'd save myself the aggravation and just buy a new helmet off e.Bay. Or sell mine damaged and grab HT's (supposing one's OK with the ANH version).

Yeah, that type of thing drives me nuts, I clumsily snapped one of the legs on the eWeb and glued it so you really couldn't tell, but I just immediately went ahead and sold it (as damaged) and picked up a new one.

Back