1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on the images released so far, i don't think it accurately depicts Vader in ANH. However...i pre-ordered & trust this is gonna be a lot better in-hand.

HT prices has already reduced the "grey area" in collecting. The grey area was once a place where thoughts like tempted and considering used to reside. Today it is black or white. Yes = buy or No = pass. I feel I am saying "NO" even before the figure goes on pre-order.

Im curious as to what percent of collectors (to date) are onboard to purchasing all HT SW preorders to date.

Why preorder? This is like the Stormtrooper... there will be thousands. Plenty by the time it ships. Plenty for months and months. Even if they make fewer, the prices are making fewer buyers so there will be plenty.

Bigbad's preorder is already sold out

:gah::lol

I had to crane my neck to see it, but damn, that looks good. :drool

Take notes, HT.

Both SSC Vaders do look great from side and three-quarter views.

I am looking at the photos of this new vader as I sit next to my SSC ANH and ESB Vader. I feel like I could pop ANH gloves on the ESB vader and put the tunic over the armor and it would not look too different from the Hot Toys version.

I am not seeing A New Hope in it for all of the reasons listed here. Red lenses, helmet shape, etc. None of the promo photos show him holding his saber with two hands... which is what was so iconic in ANH to begin with! With that in mind I agree with everyone... this figure is an idealized rendition.

I was ready to go all in on this line but I may just skip this one. I have it on order at BBTS in case I end up changing my mind, but for now I am out.

$400 shipped buying from a local in Australia. That's one expensive 1/6 figure.

Makes Jake Sully seem like a bargain now when I look back at what I paid for him at home.

Goddamn Thanos teaser. We've seen him two weeks ago! Show us some ANH Luke!

''Hot Toys wishes you a great 2015. A new age begins now''

Very ominous. A new age of frustration for any collector who isn't a Marvel or Star Wars fans :lol Yep, before long we'll be sick of Star Wars aswell.

Back