1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Darth Vader Sixth Scale Figure

Wow -- baby Groot already replaced Boba Fett in the banner.

Sideshow doesn't pay out affiliate money to Star Wars products, so it's really of no use to Dave if Fett is in there. Groot will make the forum money, Boba won't.

Star Wars booth at Toy Soul in the back. Maybe we'll see Vader and Obi there? Wish they would just announce them already.

1904153_738476562894631_6122122025552736464_n.jpg

And look what pops up.

1475783_738588106216810_6320545152996265621_n.jpg

EDIT: Here they are. Let the nitpicking begin.

16047530842_82f0139fb6_b.jpg

16022452316_80414cf180_b.jpg

15860782478_872fbebc0f_b.jpg

15425949154_ab3c1e796d_b.jpg

Last edited:

There's something off about Vader
Looks like he's wearing a diaper
Vader looks great. The "diaper" looks more prominent because his cloth isn't covering it. Generally we don't see the entire thing.

6478205.jpeg

There's something off about Vader
Looks like he's wearing a diaper

That's what I thought too.

I think they're just using another body as a holder for the prototype while they're making a more specified body for Prowse's build.

Kinda like what they did with the Man of Steel fig with the Terminator body in the promos.

Is Vader's codpiece a bit odd, or just oddly positioned? The gloves are kinda billowy and the bodysuit kinda pillowy. But looks great, I'm pre-pre-ordering the pair.

Proportionally, the best Vader I have seen. Overall, it seems like the best representation of a man in a suit. Body suit looks perfect too.

Sir Alec Guiness' portrait need some tweaking, IMO. I think the only things that make it better than the classic Sideshow 1/6 release are the sculpting of the hair and the paint.

Sir Alec Guiness' portrait need some tweaking, IMO. I think the only things that make it better than the classic Sideshow 1/6 release are the sculpting of the hair and the paint.
I'm not a fan of the sculpt as well. Something off with the eyes and it generally looks like a younger Alec. I think the eyes are throwing it off the most though.

This is ANH Vader right? What if Hot Toys got the unsymmetrical look of the helmet had in the movie, that would be pretty cool.

Can't tell from the pics

Back