1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Darth Vader Sixth Scale Figure

This is ANH Vader right? What if Hot Toys got the unsymmetrical look of the helmet had in the movie, that would be pretty cool.

Can't tell from the pics
They got the unsymmetrical part down. You can see it in the photos. Look at the cheek lines.

16047530842_82f0139fb6_b.jpg
16022452316_80414cf180_b.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm not a fan of the sculpt as well. Something off with the eyes and it generally looks like a younger Alec. I think the eyes are throwing it off the most though.

Yeah, it's exactly the eyes that I think needs tweaking. Sideshow got it right years ago, IMO.

There's something about Vader I dont like. But overall very good. Likeness on Obi needs some work but the outfit is amazing.

They got the unsymmetrical part down. You can see it in the photos. Look at the cheek lines.

16047530842_82f0139fb6_b.jpg
16022452316_80414cf180_b.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks Holo, wasn't 100% sure what I was looking for. That little detail tho kinda makes the SW nerd in me giggle :lol

Looks great to me.. Can't wait! Ready for all these Star Wars releases more than anything next year. (Figure wise)

Looks like the cuff and "glove" are separate pieces.

At least they gave us some dramatic gestures for the left hand! :lol

There's something about Vader I dont like. But overall very good. Likeness on Obi needs some work but the outfit is amazing.

Really re: Vader? How do you compare it with the SS Deluxe? Personally I baulked at buying the SS because it didn't look substantially different from the SS ANH Vader. This one though I can't wait to get.

Really re: Vader? How do you compare it with the SS Deluxe? Personally I baulked at buying the SS because it didn't look substantially different from the SS ANH Vader. This one though I can't wait to get.
Yeah, its better than 'ol liquorice pants. :lol There's something about the mask and dome I dont like. I dunno. Im sure the Vader experts will tell me I'm and idiot and its 100% accurate though. :lol

The belt, box and suit all look very accurate though. They even put the correct amount of 'slots' in the belt buckle.

The dome looks too elongated and not wide enough.

What I like a lot is the suit.
What I don't like is the overall "clean" look of this...when I think about ANH Vader I think about a darker armor and all these bad and scratchy paint applications:
vader%20anh.jpg

Darth-Vader-Helmets.jpg

Also not a big fan of how the robe falls, but I think that can be futzed.

Back