1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys Darth Vader Sixth Scale Figure

My guess would be around the same as the Han and chewie 2 pack hmmm

Bundled with Ben of course

Re: Hot Toys Darth Vader Sixth Scale Figure

More pics.

vaderfig1.jpg

vaderfig2.jpg

vaderfig3.jpg

vaderfig4.jpg

vaderfig5.jpg

vaderfig6.jpg

Man, WOW.

That's a solid Vader figure. Props HT. :rock

I have some gripes too (dome BETTER but still not perfect, brow placement over the eyes too high, thick robes / cape not wrinkling & folding right yet, 'clean' look as already mentioned) but overall - SO FAR - it's actually pretty good already. I LOVE the body suit - love it. The leather-esque glove tops, sweet. Proportions are great.

Hopefully the bugs get ironed out, but I'm totally in for this figure - finally!!! :gah: :lol

Man, WOW.

That's a solid Vader figure. Props HT. :rock

I have some gripes too (dome BETTER but still not perfect, brow placement over the eyes too high, thick robes / cape not wrinkling & folding right yet, 'clean' look as already mentioned) but overall - SO FAR - it's actually pretty good already. I LOVE the body suit - love it. The leather-esque glove tops, sweet. Proportions are great.

Hopefully the bugs get ironed out, but I'm totally in for this figure - finally!!! :gah: :lol

Overall it looks a lot more solid, body, proportions etc. The robes need some major futzing though and I'm hoping it's just the lighting make it look more 'clean.'

vader anh.jpg
vaderfig4.jpg
I'm not a expert but I can't believe they left out the red lenses, and I'm noticing in these pics they left out the bottom chin detail, the grated, uh fishnet triangle thing?
What is HT doing missing such obvious things like this? :gah: Other than that he looks good though. These minor fixes could really make it a buy for me and I'm not even a Vader fan.

It's only a proto. Between proto and production a lot can change. Just look at the proto Amazing Spider-Man 2 on the Sideshow site and then look at the actual figure. So many passed on it because of the material they used on the proto but when it came out they changed the material and everyone loved it.

Yeah, the grate under mouth.. ah well - it's early days.

That doesn't get my goat terribly to be honest at this point, but I'd obviously like it there if possible.

The red lenses may get fixed later too. Fan feedback will be pretty overwhelming for this one, so I'm sure they'll at least skim through some comments & take note of the recurring ones. :lol

Those of us that have SS Vader. Will you keep or sell? My problem with it was the height. I love the display helmet and i prefer the ESB/ROTJ suit. Since they are different there is no reason you can't have both but i'm not sure i need 2 Vaders.

Yeah, the grate under mouth.. ah well - it's early days.

That doesn't get my goat terribly to be honest at this point, but I'd obviously like it there if possible.

The red lenses may get fixed later too. Fan feedback will be pretty overwhelming for this one, so I'm sure they'll at least skim through some comments & take note of the recurring ones. :lol

Obvious one's like the red lenses have to be fixed. Fan pressure may be key to the other little issues.

Those of us that have SS Vader. Will you keep or sell? My problem with it was the height. I love the display helmet and i prefer the ESB/ROTJ suit. Since they are different there is no reason you can't have both but i'm not sure i need 2 Vaders.

Get em both
It's Vader, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back