1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG5980.jpg

Had to...

Lol! Roooarrwwerrr rreeeerrrrweeerrr

IMG_5964.jpg

Solo, did you "fix" the pastels with spray at all? Or is it just kind of like a fine dust sitting on the fur?

I put the pastel on my fingers then applied it to he head. I just blew the dust off and hoped the color would remain.

Man all these Wookiees look so good. I gotta find time to work that pastel lightening mod. Outta the box his face is way too dark... looses all the features the pastel adds.

I tried like hell to superimpose my chewbacca's profile over he real profile and match the hair flow. I tried to lighten his facial hair in in some cases I cut his hair, although I'm still not sure if that was the right thing to do. I bought another head in case I screwed up.

After (you can't really see my chests profile here.
IMG_6537.jpg

Before
IMG_6493.jpg

That looks really good!! What mod did you do?

I also have an unrelated question to you folks who own this figure, is the head removable? I hate having a lone Han figure and would love to be able to replace the head down the line if a better sculpt comes along..
Yep the head is on a ball joint and pops off easy..

I tried like hell to superimpose my chewbacca's profile over he real profile and match the hair flow. I tried to lighten his facial hair in in some cases I cut his hair, although I'm still not sure if that was the right thing to do. I bought another head in case I screwed up.

After (you can't really see my chests profile here.
View attachment 367579

Before
View attachment 367580

Looking good solo..

I am so pleased to add this awesome figure back into my collection. Amazing how you can "sculpt" the hair to make it match the different styles. I'm in the "wow" stage again at the moment so haven't dared to lighten the hair around the face.

20170913_002721.jpg

I wish I had a better way of lightening the fur. I am going to find something online to figure this out..

IMG_6663.jpg

nice job will. I bought the TFA Chewbacca and I`m going to use him as my ANH/ESB chewy. I darkened the fur and what a difference it made already. I will take a photo tomorrow. I just think the ANH version is to dark unless your lucky enough to get one that is really light.

Thanks Adam and Ed. You talked me into getting a Chewy, Ed. I've seen so many great versions of him. I'm just trying to make a presentable/believable Chewy.

I do love this figure, one of my favorite.

it`s a lot of grooming like a mutt just to make him look almost believable. I did notice one thing about this newer version of Chewbacca from the TFA line when the lite hits the eyes they almost glow which is wicked unlike the ANH version where there painted.

it`s a lot of grooming like a mutt just to make him look almost believable. I did notice one thing about this newer version of Chewbacca from the TFA line when the lite hits the eyes they almost glow which is wicked unlike the ANH version where there painted.

TFA chewy = WTF chewy

Back