1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update
4ff0fa1493f5576f3b38b2914b7288cc.jpg
24fb967fb0bf16772f719896158c8e8f.jpg
f2870ce63ecbd8f68af480a768212925.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I used the small comb that comes with it to shape the fur. Changing the direction on how it sits on the face. A tiny bit of water to help loosen the fur too helps. I've not used any hair products.

I then used fabric chalk to add highlights to the face.

Thanks! I thought i read that people also used the pastels for paint, but I have to do more reading. Is fabric chalk permanent?

The one that I used washed out. I've moved house recently and can't find the ones I used and can't remember the make! I'll try see if I can find them and let you know. But I am sure any fabric chalk would do. [emoji16]

Really sorry if people aren't happy with their Chewies. :( I think one thing that might help is futzing him into more of a messier ROTJ look like I have, since it was established pretty early on in here that that was the simplest and easiest look to achieve with him.

As for mine, I decided to be brave and give the chalk pastel a try, and I think it actually worked pretty well! I'm not exactly sure what color that is that I pulled out of an old box, but it matches with the lighter hair almost perfectly, with the only difference being that it doesn't have the same sheen as the real hair. I tried to just dab it on lightly with either my finger or the chalk, pulling some of thicker strands out so I could highlight those. And using a small stiff brush to help blend it in if it got too chunky. I found as long as you take it slow, it's pretty easy to control (and brush out if need be). And there's no need to spray any fixative either, since the pastel holds pretty well on it's own. The areas I tried to highlight the most were the bridge of the nose, around the brow, and the chin. With a little bit of dusting on the front of the face as well.

I don't want to guarantee any results or anything (and please don't sue me if it doesn't work ;)), but I definitely recommend trying the chalk pastel first before airbrushing or drybrushing (since I imagine that would probably make the hair even stiffer than it already is). I would also try to loosen or soften a lot of the hair on the face first, and not lay the pastel down on any of that nasty glued down stuff.

View attachment 217698

And here it is on my shelf, under the same lighting as before, and with a final before and after shot (where you can definitely see the difference now in the chin):

View attachment 217699
View attachment 217700
View attachment 217701

Unfortunately I still have no clue what to do about the damn eyes. Although I guess the one good thing about them being so dark is you can't notice how small and cross-eyed they are (and my Chewie also seems to look really sleepy for some strange reason as well). Lol

Bumping up.

Hello, I painted the tails on the face around the eyes with acrylic ocher yellow paint, mustaches with black acrylic paint and ivory gray, nose with ivory black.

Love the grey and dark hair on the Stacie here. Anyone know if it's paint or pastels?

I love him. This is my best figure, by far. I think they really nailed his likeness.

Has anyone tried putting Luke's bindings (handcuffs) on Chewbacca??

I love him. This is my best figure, by far. I think they really nailed his likeness.

Has anyone tried putting Luke's bindings (handcuffs) on Chewbacca??

They fit perfectly. Although I've never tried binding both arms but I'm sure thatd work. Just the one posed with Stormtrooper rifle.

Back