1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've now bought two 1/6 outfits that cost more than the average full HT figure and put a deposit on a third. ;)

Some Chewi close-ups..

IMG_6826.JPG

IMG_6827.JPG

IMG_6828.JPG

I've now bought two 1/6 outfits that cost more than the average full HT figure and put a deposit on a third. ;)

A Yunsil suit? Dunno what those run.

Back on-topic though ... did you give the alcohol treatment to Chewbacca? (So many jokes.) I can't remember if you bought one or not.

This is like the figure of 1000 faces and the majority looks quite good - I have no idea how HT made him look so bad at the cons.

My final chewbacca set up. Don't have the funds for Han Solo sadly so this will have to do for now.
8c0c544d8afb642477dec6aebf13e7fe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I used a little bit of acrylic paint to get the look. Applied via an old toothbrush.

I used a little bit of acrylic paint to get the look. Applied via an old toothbrush.

What paint did you use (brand/color)? Once you brush that acrylic on can the hair still be futzed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used burnt umber and the brand is just a cheap brand (can't remember the name as not at home) you can still mess about with the fur slightly. I chose a look that I wanted and then painted the fur. Hope this helps

I used burnt umber and the brand is just a cheap brand (can't remember the name as not at home) you can still mess about with the fur slightly. I chose a look that I wanted and then painted the fur. Hope this helps

Thanks Bugz. Burnt Umber looks spot on.

Anyone interested in painting might want to try removing some of the existing black paint first. Just saying.

Would you be willing to post the paint brand here when you get a chance? I'm looking at paints on Amazon and the burnt amber color varies wildly.

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but I'm new to the collecting scene.

I recently picked up a used Chewbacca from a Japanese website for around $320 USD. Was that a wise move? I'm also on the sideshow waitlist but I'm not sure what the chances on those are really like. Do these things keep their value or would have been wise to just wait a year or two and see if a new model comes out or if this one would have dropped in price?

Back