1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't going to get this initially, but the Hastings price was too good to pass up. Put him in a collector case, after this shot, to protect the fur.

image_4.jpg

Not as impressed with him as I was Han, who is my favorite figure in a long while. So, I'm kinda glad I paid a little more for the smuggler. Still love this figure though and it's definitely in my top five.

I got Chewie from gohastings. Everything is perfect. Box looks a little beat like buying a fig from eBay but the Chewbacca looks like he didn't even leave the tray! So awesome. Amazing figure. I can't believe I ever told myself I didn't need him or Han. And to get them for so cheap, I got Han for $170! I don't know how I'm so lucky. :yess:

Re: Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible...

That made me laugh, Rene. Fun pose and nice work with the paint. Here's what I set up last night:

Ty Wor-

That's pretty good. It's all about the pose and about every other day, I'll change him up.

Not as impressed with him as I was Han, who is my favorite figure in a long while

Really? Han is my least favorite HT figure ever at this point and the low-point of all my high end figure collecting. It was the first HT figure I received where I immediately had to tear it down and get rid of key parts. Chewbacca on the other hand is a pleasure to look at and requires only some futzing to take to the next level. The weak spot on Chewie is that absolutely terrible bandolier strap, but that's not much of a concern when buried in fur.

Don't get me wrong. I was pleased with Chewie.

That said, Han has always been my favorite of the two and nearly every 1/6 release has been mediocre. This one felt nostalgic, like when I opened the first Hot Toys DX Dark Knight Joker, which was my first Hot Toys... sent to me by mistake. Needless to say, I grabbed my own and have been hooked ever since.

The only issue I have with Han is the terrible look of the boots on the side profile. A little padding easily fixed that though.

Really? Han is my least favorite HT figure ever at this point and the low-point of all my high end figure collecting. It was the first HT figure I received where I immediately had to tear it down and get rid of key parts. Chewbacca on the other hand is a pleasure to look at and requires only some futzing to take to the next level. The weak spot on Chewie is that absolutely terrible bandolier strap, but that's not much of a concern when buried in fur.

Yeah, Chewie is one of the most enjoyable figures I've owned in a long while.. I still have issues with the likeness but he's just so much fun to pose and display with other figures that it just surpasses my gripes with him. Plus, besides the overuse of darker hair in certain areas of the body I think HT did an excellent job with on it. Very easy to futz/work with and it lays quite naturally. Here's some pictures of Chewie and some of the gang. :)

Off-topic, but I recall seeing (waaaaay back) in this thread a generic oval-style stand, with a custom decal on it for Chewbacca. Is there someone on the forum that still offers this service? Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

The success of this figure makes me hope we get a Tauntaun and Wampa with articulation and real fur. The Sideshow Tauntaun looks great but I'm not a fan of statues. I suppose eventually we'll get ewoks too. Can't wait to see people writing long detailed critiques of Chief Chirpa's likeness. :lol

The success of this figure makes me hope we get a Tauntaun and Wampa with articulation and real fur. The Sideshow Tauntaun looks great but I'm not a fan of statues. I suppose eventually we'll get ewoks too. Can't wait to see people writing long detailed critiques of Chief Chirpa's likeness. :lol

:goodpost:

Yup, all those would be awesome. Furred Ewoks would be really great but they'd be very involved so expensive for characters that may or may not sell (and there isn't really a "must-have" cool Ewok character - they all pretty much equally s**ked:lol)

I didn't get the SSC Taun because yeah, an articulated soft goods figure looks slightly odd on a carved-fur statue to me.

Off-topic, but I recall seeing (waaaaay back) in this thread a generic oval-style stand, with a custom decal on it for Chewbacca. Is there someone on the forum that still offers this service? Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Contact Evil Face.

Any tips on removing the matted gunk around the face? I've tried some water, but it doesn't seem to do too much

:goodpost:

Yup, all those would be awesome. Furred Ewoks would be really great but they'd be very involved so expensive for characters that may or may not sell (and there isn't really a "must-have" cool Ewok character - they all pretty much equally s**ked:lol)

I didn't get the SSC Taun because yeah, an articulated soft goods figure looks slightly odd on a carved-fur statue to me.

Man, I wish, but I'm guessing those will never happen.

Any tips on removing the matted gunk around the face? I've tried some water, but it doesn't seem to do too much

Rubbing alcohol which I mentioned above, applied with a clean cloth/towel. Everything "gunk" on the figure from my experience is paint.

Rubbing alcohol which I mentioned above, applied with a clean cloth/towel. Everything "gunk" on the figure from my experience is paint.

Interesting. I saw that post, but thought it was some kind of glue I was fighting with instead of paint. Would dabbing a q-tip work as well? I'm kind of worried about putting rubbing alcohol on and ruining something

Try it with as little as you want, including on a q-tip. Just make sure whatever you use is clean and preferably very light colored so you can clearly see the black paint coming off.

Back