1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not show any pics though? You're the only one who has done this and you're suggesting others follow suit before trying other methods.

Why not show any pics though? You're the only one who has done this and you're suggesting others follow suit before trying other methods.

Mine's coming from Japan and might take a while to get here but I'll be willing to give it a try and take some pictures.

Why not show any pics though?

Because I don't have the time to take nice photos and I won't spend less time to take crappy cell phone pics. I'll get to it eventually, like everything else, but it's well below the lowest priority item on a list of dozens of things I have to worry about.

Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible...

Mine's coming from Japan and might take a while to get here but I'll be willing to give it a try and take some pictures.
Cheers. Curious to see the effect. I just loosened the fur with my fingers and used a bit of water for that but not much else.

Agree 100%.

PM me for my paypal account and once you've made a transfer I'll decide whether it's enough to take time away from something else.

It would be much faster for you to put some rubbing alcohol onto a towel and try it for yourself. If you don't have rubbing alcohol in the house then I'm not sure what to say - it's basic first aid stuffs, go out and get some.

^ yup. It would also be faster if everyone ordered figures from HK instead of waiting for in hand pics from others to make a purchase decision, but we've all done that.
You were the person that said you have used the method on his face, so of course we all want to see how that looks before we try it. No one asked you to do it, but you have done it. You don't want to share pics of it? Fine, your choice. But to berate people for asking about it...wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pixel... are you saying the darkness/blackness of the Chewy face is applied paint, and that paint you can wipe off with rubbing alcohol, making the face noticeably lighter?

Seriously, or are you kidding?

Seriously, or are you kidding?

I'm not kidding. Do your own investigation of course, I did before I tried any kind of manipulation. Separate the fur lightly with your hands on different parts of the figure and look at it below the ends/surface and you'll see the original acrylic is two-toned throughout in brown only. Pay close attention to how the fur feels as well and you'll notice it's matted and stiff precisely where paint has been applied.

I think some people still don't understand, so I'll repeat it again. Alcohol only removes paint that's been applied to the acrylic faux fur. It doesn't (and can't) affect the color of the acrylic itself, which is two toned - there's a darker and lighter brown in the actual acrylic fur strands. You can't change that brown color of the fur itself, so if you find some areas are too dark or too light because of the fur's own color, the only thing you can do is add pigment to cover it - paint or chalk for example.

We've seen figures that have more and some that have less black paint spray. It's this spray that's been responsible for the variation in-hand others have mentioned and some complained about. Speaking specifically about the head, yours may or may not have excessive or noticeable paint, so there may or may not be a significant amount of material that can be removed. If you want to make any portion brighter than the actual fur color itself, you'll still need to ADD pigment.

You don't want to share pics of it? Fine, your choice. But to berate people for asking about it...wow.

I'm doing no such thing - what is happening is I'm getting tired and a little annoyed at people making assumptions and demonstrating an un-called for air of entitlement and essentially "demanding" photos. My figure isn't assembled, I have more work to do on it and taking high quality photos, the only ones that matter, takes time - time I don't have much of and that I don't wish to spend on this particular subject given everything else I have on my plate. I typically have always posted an abundance of photos, including how-to images of all manner, but I don't have the time for that now.

So if you're referring to my comment about compensation specifically when you chose to use the word "berate," you're still off the mark. I'm getting paid for every photo I take at the moment and every minute I spend setting up and processing the images - the return is very good I might add. So if I'm going to take time away from something else that's helping to put food on the table, I need to be compensated to make up for the loss. Take it or leave it I suppose, but my priority is my customers.

Last edited:
????????????????1/6????? - HOT TOYS????????????GLOBAL TOY LAND????????????

I don't know if anyone will find this useful but I found a foreign site with chewie for like $250. It says reservation but after 3 days I was sent an invoice. You'll need a forwarding service though. It may be a risk, I've never used them myself, but they accept PayPal. So if there are any troubles you can get a refund through them.

Guys: pixelpiper is right....I am trying it now, and a bluish type color is washing off....OH JEZUS, I just made my Chewie a REDHEAD!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

Some pics, cause even on a good day, mine are kinda bad:

DSCN0304.JPG
DSCN0305.JPG
DSCN0307.JPG
DSCN0308.JPG
Ok, now, Chewie is into the hair wash

Last edited:
Guys: pixelpiper is right....I am trying it now, and a bluish type color is washing off....OH JEZUS, I just made my Chewie a REDHEAD!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

I don't see any "redhead". Were you joking or did I miss something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am actually having mine professionally repainted......its gonna be one expensive ass figure by the time I'm done, but this is CHEWBACCA, dammit

True story, had Mr Mayhew sign a figure for me. Had handed the money to the lady next to him as he was signing the guy in front of me. I get to the front, he signs, then looks at me as if I tried to rip him off.....I was like, 'dude, I paid the lady!' He gave me a 'sure ya did' look. LOL

Last edited:
Hey Matt, the color wouldn't come off the forehead?

At the root of the strands, the acrylic is dark brown - that color can't be removed, it's the acrylic's actual color, which is one of the things I've been trying to explain all along.

Back