1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try it with as little as you want, including on a q-tip. Just make sure whatever you use is clean and preferably very light colored so you can clearly see the black paint coming off.

I'll play around with it.

On a side note, I've found what really brings out the likeness is to form him a brow with the hair. It's amazing what a little fix like that does. I simply kind of pinched the hair around the brows to make more of a ridge

I've not used anything on the fur, but I think it looks good. They question is, of course, if I followed the alcohol advice could it be better. Hmmmm......... DSCF0846.jpg

Has anyone tried to do something with Chewie's bowcaster strap; I was gonna try a little white glue to bring the front loop together to give it the appearance of having some weight?

Does anyone have any before and after pictures using the rubbing alcohol technique?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ve seen a small hair comb around this site for this figure, is that something that came with the figure?or bought seperately

This is a great figure but too bad the face is just too dark.

If you have the figure, take some time to lighten the face. At least it's just some paint to be removed and a bit of futzing to make him look great - the same can't be said for HT's human figures unfortunately.

If you have the figure, take some time to lighten the face. At least it's just some paint to be removed and a bit of futzing to make him look great - the same can't be said for HT's human figures unfortunately.
That's true but I'm horrible at dying or handling paint related products lol.

That's true but I'm horrible at dying or handling paint related products lol.

No worries, this one is mostly subtractive. You can start by trying to remove the black paint - that may be enough to satisfy. And you can lighten additively very safely with some chalk instead of breaking out paints.

Yeah, if only HT figures needed a couple hundred dollar paint job and HT body swap like SS figures do in order to be acceptable. :rotfl

I don't believe I ever mentioned Sideshow, but you can buy a replacement body for $15 and get a head painted for $100 (if needed). A good custom head is going to cost you $1000 minimum ($900+ if you factor in selling the HT original for up to $100) plus the same $100 for paint. Yeah, way to be realistic.

Last edited:
You can buy a replacement body for $15 and get a head painted for $100 (if needed). A good custom head is going to cost you $1000 minimum ($900+ if you factor in selling the HT original for up to $100). Yeah, way to be realistic.

Pix, you & I don't live in the same reality. Star Wars HT's sell out right away & their aftermarket price soars because of demand. SS figures sit for months with not so much demand because of an obviously inferior product at a high price tag. Nope different reality. Plus, enlighten me as to where I could find a $100 paint job that will rival HT paint jobs, that seems more like fantasy.

Time is money and I've already given out what I consider a good helping of free information in this thread over the past week. Rudimus, I can see you're not up to speed on high end 1/6 if you think Hot Toys is "the ****" so you may want to brush up a bit. You might also want to talk to more talented painters to see how their work far exceeds what Hot Toys does with machines in their factories and how many of them offer very reasonable rates.

Last edited:
Time is money and I've already given out what I consider a good helping of free information in this thread over the past week. Rudimus, I can see you're not up to speed on high end 1/6 if you think Hot Toys is "the ****" so you may want to brush up a bit. You might also want to talk to more talented painters to see how their work far exceeds what Hot Toys does with machines in their factories and how many of them offer very reasonable rates.

HT may not be "the @$!#" but they make the properties Im mostly intetested in (Marvel, DC, SW). Im not into any "regular" movie figures ie Doc Holliday, William Wallace, horror figures, Deckard, etc so my knowledge of "better" figures is limited as I dont seek out other companies or customizers. Im sure Im not the only one.

There are some incredible customs out there, but the prices give me a nosebleed.

Let's agree not to talk about prices. I did a mental inventory of the customs I'm now invested in plus upcoming projects I'm following and I started to get a little sick. :) But man, the quality is going to be ridiculous.

Let's agree not to talk about prices. I did a mental inventory of the customs I'm now invested in plus upcoming projects I'm following and I started to get a little sick. :) But man, the quality is going to be ridiculous.

At that point you're buying art and the prices reflect that. I would have liked to snag Braveheart (whatever they call the product) and the upcoming David figure from Lost Boys (again, whatever they call him) but they just weren't in the budget. Beautiful work, though.

Back