1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely not 100% perfect, but I remember when it was common belief that a Chewbacca with fur was considered not to be feasible. I still love this fig. It's just too bad they went backwards instead of forward with V2.

V2 is actually my favorite after mod...

F64D655B-3A11-4C78-BF1B-ECCF481232D7.jpeg

Wow, great mods QG! Unmodded that fig looks atrocious but I've seen some truly stellar reworks of the face and yours and Matrix's are top of the list.

Even modded though, that fig still has a whiff of "Steve Carell from 40 year old virgin poster" look about him.:lol

The fake leather material on the bandolier of mine was starting to flake so i had to be extra cautious when moving the figure. Has anyone else experienced this issue here?

Apologies for posting this in the ANH Chewie thread, but I can't find the TFA Chewie thread (not surprising really!), and as this is representing ESB Chewie anyway (which doesn't have a figure yet!), I decided this was the best place for it...

image0.jpg
image1.jpg
image2.jpg
image3.jpg

The fake leather material on the bandolier of mine was starting to flake so i had to be extra cautious when moving the figure. Has anyone else experienced this issue here?

Haven't noticed it on mine. I guess it's inevitable, though. Every time I look at my vader, I'm like is today the day lol

Haven't noticed it on mine. I guess it's inevitable, though. Every time I look at my vader, I'm like is today the day lol

So far the vaders have been holding up i think. just the leather gloves from the ep4 vader had history of flaking if i remember correctly

Hey guys. I can't figure out how many versions of Chewie HT have released. I believe it's ANH and TFA with one in the pipeline? And is ANH the best one? What's a good price for it? Thanks in advance.

Hey guys. I can't figure out how many versions of Chewie HT have released. I believe it's ANH and TFA with one in the pipeline? And is ANH the best one? What's a good price for it? Thanks in advance.

I believe you're right. The original is the best by far ! I remember thinking 3rd time is a charm, but it was as horrid as TFA version.

Good price is a good question, the lowest you can find online I guess. Depends how much you want him and how much you're prepared to spend or have to spend.

This is a good help to determine which figures are released

https://www.hottoysph.com/checklist/

So far the vaders have been holding up i think. just the leather gloves from the ep4 vader had history of flaking if i remember correctly

Put a conditioner/protectant on it that is safe for synthetic and real leather. Especially if you're somewhere really humid. Leather/artificial leather requires maintenance like automotive interiors, handbags, watch straps, etc.

Have an opportunity to get one locally. It is used - Anything I should look for before buying?

Nope not really. Perhaps ask about any ageing or issues with the pleather bandoliers and satchel. Otherwise he's pretty good stock. No idea why they changed him for the worse with the other versions ??

Of course you'll need to go through all 882 pages to get all the tips of fur futzing etc. Definitely don't leave him un-combed especially around the face. Needs to be pulled away a bit. They used some sort of gel or stuff to keep the fur together. But it's too much on the face area.

Still need Chewie to complete my original crew (minus 3PO, I can happily live without him), although I'm wondering if we'll get an ESB version further down the line with a 3PO backpack, then I can justify not buying a 3PO even further.

Yeah get it. Chewie is an awesome figure.

Someone mentioned that their bandolier leather was falling apart in some way, but that was the only report of this I've seen. On mine I noticed in a couple spots the little straps that hold the ammo packs in place were coming unglued. But nothing else outside that.

Back