1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20201013_125027.jpg

Picked up a Sealed set of these guys a few weeks back to go with the set i bought in 2015.
Best Chewie I've seen so far in regards to hair around the eyes.

I don?t see them releasing charred C3PO parts in a bag until they?ve released a full figure first.

This could take years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got a destroyed B1 Battle Droid with ROTS Obi-Wan, there's hope.

I don?t see them releasing charred C3PO parts in a bag until they?ve released a full figure first.

This could take years.

I don't know about that. Howard obviously doesn't like C3PO so I could see him fast tracking a charred blown up version. [emoji23]

This could take years.

There's precedent.

Death Star Trooper helmet with Leia and Wicket, no Death Star Trooper.

B1 Battle Droid with Obi-Wan, no Battle Droid.

Crispy Outriders with Infinity War Captain America and War Machine, no Outriders.

Corvus Glaive's... glaive with IW Captain America, no Corvus Glaive (or Proxima Midnight, but only Corvus Glaive was teased).

Old thread, new question.

Updated my display with some new poses and unfortunately, the wrist peg broke off inside of Chewies hand. The stem is broken flush with the opening and I do not know how to remove it.

Thank you Freaks, you are my only hope!!

I had something similar with a 6 inch DC Collectable figure - the peg snapped off inside the arm. I got the smallest drill piece I could from a hardware store and slowly drilled into the broken peg piece until it was securely drilled in. Then was able to pull it out with the broken piece as part of the drill bit.

That was tricky on a figure in that scale so would image on a 12 inch figure it should work easily.

Yeah you're just going to have to destroy the piece inside the hand. At best if you found a tiny screw you could thread it in the broken off piece and hopefully pull it out that way.

I guess I'm lazy, but I always just use a tiny flathead screwdriver (for watches/eye glasses) and then just kinda get underneath and force the broken bit back out the hole. Then it flies across the room and I have to track it down so my cat doesn't eat it.

Old thread, new question.

Updated my display with some new poses and unfortunately, the wrist peg broke off inside of Chewies hand. The stem is broken flush with the opening and I do not know how to remove it.

Thank you Freaks, you are my only hope!!

This is a very handy tool, and comes with mini drill bits:
https://www.micromark.com/Spiral-Push-Drill

I had something similar with a 6 inch DC Collectable figure - the peg snapped off inside the arm. I got the smallest drill piece I could from a hardware store and slowly drilled into the broken peg piece until it was securely drilled in. Then was able to pull it out with the broken piece as part of the drill bit.

That was tricky on a figure in that scale so would image on a 12 inch figure it should work easily.

This is what I did when the peg broke off in the arm of one of my figures once.

I guess I'm lazy, but I always just use a tiny flathead screwdriver (for watches/eye glasses) and then just kinda get underneath and force the broken bit back out the hole. Then it flies across the room and I have to track it down so my cat doesn't eat it.

This is what I did when the peg broke off inside the hand of one of my figures once.

Thank you all for some viable options. I will try to pry the piece out with tiny screw driver, then insert tiny screw and if all fails, drill with tiny bit.

If all fails, I still have one hand to work with.

Back