1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DID uses real or faux leather for all their German boots and they look great there, no reason it cant be the same. Its whatever specific material HT chose to use thats wrong here.

Those DID "Leather" boots do not last well - I've had two pairs go off (paint dries and flakes off leaving sort of fabric. I hope they are sculpted.

Well as much as I think the likeness of ford is in there my brother today told me it looked like john stamos :slap
So might as well add that to the list of names :lol

That was one if the first names I mentioned as well.

Tell your brother he's a gentleman and a scholar, this guy looks like he's related to Uncle Jesse.

It looks so good.

franco-so-good.gif

It looks so good.

franco-so-good.gif
He does look a bit like James Franco, now that you mention it Ben. . .

. . .dammit, HT gave us a terrific James Franco sculpt first time up to the plate, for a lame villain in a forgettable movie, on a figure that was eventually clearanced out for around $100. But can't get icons like RDJ Stark and Harrison Ford right no matter how often they try :(

Taking bets on what convo will run for more pages... the "who this really looks like" or the "blue vs. brown jacket conundrum"

BTW the only and correct answers are Tom Cruise and brown

. . .dammit, HT gave us a terrific James Franco sculpt first time up to the plate, for a lame villain in a forgettable movie, on a figure that was eventually clearanced out for around $100. But can't get icons like RDJ Stark and Harrison Ford right no matter how often they try :(

I got that James Franco figure for $60 on sale. Boy, have things changed.

That's because James Franco flew out to Hong Kong and sculpted it himself. He is a polymath, you know.

Might turn out to look better from certain angles, and isn't spot on, but a steal at $230?

I don't feel "good enough" or "decent" is acceptable for such a high-priced figure from Hot Toys, especially one that doesn't even have an elaborate outfit or weaponry/accessories to redeem it. It's a vest, boots and pants, so the headsculpt becomes critical.

I guess fortunately, Han's outfit is so iconic you can instantly tell who this is, but if this was a figure with a generic business suit, no one would instantly pick this as HF. Han Solo deserves a HT home run and this isn't and I'm still trying to get my head around it.

I guess everyone will learn to love this sculpt - just some are faster than others and I have some catching up to do.:lol

Seems like members on here follow blindly, sometimes and I'm sure it was the same way for HT Indy. But looking back how many of you that praised that sculpt still own their Indy? I was the same way for the Sideshow Indy, I know crazy! But I was hoping SS would knock it out of the park, I didn't have a second thought about selling it once the HT Indy was announced, but still don't own either.

Seems like members on here follow blindly, sometimes and I'm sure it was the same way for HT Indy. But looking back how many of you that praised that sculpt still own their Indy? I was the same way for the Sideshow Indy, I know crazy! But I was hoping SS would knock it out of the park, I didn't have a second thought about selling it once the HT Indy was announced, but still don't own either.

I just bought Indy last week actually.... I love the figure. The sculpt is not so bad in hand...but there certainly is room for improvement on it!

I just bought Indy last week actually.... I love the figure. The sculpt is not so bad in hand...but there certainly is room for improvement on it!

HF + HT = "there certainly is room for improvement on it!":lol

Yeah, I've resigned myself to the fact that I will love this HT Han by the time it is released (and no, it won't be "fixed") but will then regret buying it when the HT DX Bespin Han is announced two months later.

And I don't think there's been a 1/6 Indy that comes close to doing the character justice. That HT one has a small head and this huge muscular body and the Sideshow one is the opposite. And neither of the headsculpts really capture HF much at all.

But then again, I'm not 100% happy with HT Marty, or the DX Terminator... doesn't pay to be picky.

Back