1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that's mostly just the ones Jnix himself painted.

Anyway, I finally decided to order one of these since I had some rewards points saved up. I know it won't look quite as good without a Jnix head on it, but the stock one has grown on me quite a bit and I'm really needing a good Han in my collection (since my Bespin Han with crappy Hoth Han head just isn't cutting it anymore. Lol)

Despite how exalted the Jnix sculpt is (and it is a great likeness), I personally think the V2 stock HT sculpt is a great likeness as well. It looks even better in person to me than it does in images.

Nice group, Matrix!

Love it! :clap

I gotta ask though: most every picture I see of Jnix's Han he looks sweaty. What's the deal?

For that reason, I never picked it up. But for that reason he would make an excellent Hantrooper in the trash compactor.

Thanks:duff Yeah the jnix sculpt is a little too glossy/sweaty looking,and not only in pics but also in hand. I'm guessing he used a gloss varnish to seal the paint. I intend on knocking it back with dullcote..

I agree and noticed the same. But it doesn't look like that live, just photos. Weird...

I think that's mostly just the ones Jnix himself painted.

Anyway, I finally decided to order one of these since I had some rewards points saved up. I know it won't look quite as good without a Jnix head on it, but the stock one has grown on me quite a bit and I'm really needing a good Han in my collection (since my Bespin Han with crappy Hoth Han head just isn't cutting it anymore. Lol)

Thanks:duff Yeah the jnix sculpt is a little too glossy/sweaty looking,and not only in pics but also in hand. I'm guessing he used a gloss varnish to seal the paint. I intend on knocking it back with dullcote..

The glossy thing is a bit of a mystery. I've actually never seen this before - where something appears to be very glossy in pics, yet isn't really in-hand. It does have a subtle sheen vs. a HT head (mine maybe seems to be toward the lower end of shiny in pics I've taken of it,) but it really isn't noticeable in-hand on mine. It was something that held me back too initially on getting it.

I guess if you were worried, you could take some matte clear and thin it and do a light wash over the head if it does seem a little glossy in-hand.

Considering your avatar, seems weird that you waited so long.

I wondered, thanks for clarifying. I just haven't trusted the "its not shiny in hand" group.

Knocking it back is a must. Because its a great sculpt. Just sweaty. :)

Considering your avatar, seems weird that you waited so long.

Well I've always preferred his ESB look and figured I would just wait for that figure to come out instead. But it's been such a long wait and I've come to like the look of the ANH figure a lot more since then.

*cue the announcement tomorrow of the HT Bespin Han*

The Hot Toys Solo sculpt is not bad and actually looks decent from the sides but I ended up ordering a Jnix sculpt as well. It took me two sculpt runs and a "Jnix has found 10 additional sculpts" to finally push the button...

The difference to me is going from Hot Toys' "That's Han Solo" to Jnix's "That's freakin' Harrison Ford as Han Solo hit by the 'Honey, I shrunk the Kids' gun!"

No sweat!
IMG_4465.JPG

Yeah, don't know how anyone passed on the unpainted head at least, but I find the paint job excellent for the price.

Well enough of them were sold that I'll be surprised if something doesn't end up on ebay eventually (with a hopefully not too ridiculous price). And I might be alone, but I actually think Inigo's new Deckard sculpt has an even stronger Ford likeness so I might try converting that into an ANH Han, if he doesn't do it himself...

Well enough of them were sold that I'll be surprised if something doesn't end up on ebay eventually (with a hopefully not too ridiculous price). And I might be alone, but I actually think Inigo's new Deckard sculpt has an even stronger Ford likeness so I might try converting that into an ANH Han, if he doesn't do it himself...
Just had to go check it out. Does look pretty good. He's done so many Ford sculpts, would think it was adapted from the ANH one he just did, but maybe not as it looks better. One angle the likeness on the Jnix Han is a bit weak is from lower angles.

I'm surprised that Jnix hasn't done Blade Runner and ESB "hair conversions" for his ANH Han sculpt. The look of his fairly youthful ANH Han face sculpt could still work for BR and ESB, but probably not for ROTJ.

With just a hair resculpt, he could sell the sculpt in big numbers all over again, especially with the HT ESB Han still nowhere in sight after at least a year of rumors.

HF was a bit stoic in BR so it's possible that slightly "rogue-ish" vibe Jnix sculpted might not quite work for BR.

I'm surprised that Jnix hasn't done Blade Runner and ESB "hair conversions" for his ANH Han sculpt. The look of his fairly youthful ANH Han face sculpt could still work for BR and ESB, but probably not for ROTJ.

With just a hair resculpt, he could sell the sculpt in big numbers all over again, especially with the HT ESB Han still nowhere in sight after at least a year of rumors.

HF was a bit stoic in BR so it's possible that slightly "rogue-ish" vibe Jnix sculpted might not quite work for BR.

Yeah I think his sculpt would definitely work great for an Indy. Although Ford's face was a bit rounder in ESB so ideally he would add that extra bit of roundness to the sculpt as well.

If the Inigo Deckard was offered as a painted option and with paint apps comparable to Jnix's Solo, I would order one immediately. For many years I've had the Deckard outfit with gun ready to go for a well done (and affordable) Deckard head sculpt. Would love to finally have that figure displayed.

Back