1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Han, Luke and Ben were far from great likenesses... but I've kept them as they are.

There will be plenty of Lukes and Hans to come. Ben... well, he has a useful hood.

I think Hot Toys Han looks best in profile. I'll definitely repurpose that sculpt somehow.

It's definitely a better likeness than Luke or Ben (which I also have kept as stock.)

Yeah the Jnix may be more instantly identifiable, but the HT head is still a pretty good likeness I think (and looks even better under the right lighting). And Paramore certainly made it look pretty great in his pics:

To be fair, Paramore could make an ingrown toenail look good.:lol

Han, Luke and Ben were far from great likenesses... but I've kept them as they are.

There will be plenty of Lukes and Hans to come. Ben... well, he has a useful hood.

It's funny how they do grow on you, but every so often you step back and realize they really aren't so great.

...and then you hold it up to the Jnix sculpt and you see the light once again.:wink1:

Yeah, I don't have the HT Apollo head anymore - just Jnix on the HT outfit.

The Jnix sculpt is awesome, but I personally prefer the stock HT sculpt on the V2 Han. Everyone that has seen the figure has all remarked that it looks just like Ford in ANH.

Obi-Wan I personally think is great as well, but Luke is off. However, I've kept it because I think it's currently the best 1/6 ANH Luke sculpt out there.

I`m working on a rotj version of han with the extra hot toys han sculpt I had laying around. I had the ultimate unsion han from medicom. I`m using the trench coat and the pants from that figure. will take a photo of it tomorrow.

What is the V2 Han?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Version 2". The second batch of the ANH Solo figure that HT did.

People who got the re-issue batch like to believe they got a better sculpt or paintwork. I've yet to see proof myself.

From post #7732 by TonTon. The V1 sculpt is on the left, V2 on the right. Consensus was it's the same sculpt, but V2 appears to have slightly better paint apps.

image.jpeg

I had two of the V2s at one point for parts, and my only issue was that both had a gap where Han's right sideburn meets the hair piece. Ended up keeping the original for that reason.

Yeah it does look like an improvement to me. The new one seems to have a slightly more determined expression somehow.

Agreed
I think it's the eyebrows - better angle - and the irises are slightly larger and slightly under the top eyelid
Plus the skin tone is more alive

But the hair is darker and this gap in the sideburn now - I'll just stay with V1 and JNIX on my trooper body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back