1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously, though, this repaint **** is pretty much now pushing HT into the overpriced Mattel/Hasbro category. Whether the new sculpt was good or bad, at least we used to be able to look forward to a new sculpt. Now "let's repaint Reeve Superman, let's repaint DX 12 Bruce Wayne, let's repaint Bank Robber Joker, and let's act like they're getting something brand new." What the **** happened to you, Howard? This isn't about being pissed off by releases; at this point, like I said before, they're gonna do what they're gonna do, but Jesus, at least take some pride in what you do; at least enough so that you're not, literally, riding the coat tails of your former self. It's kind of sad.:lol

:goodpost::goodpost: You look like the man to know about Batman Batfan08! I feel the same way, they could have added the spare Clown masks that haven't been released yet or they could have done a different character figure all together . I own almost all the Nolan Hot Toys minus the Second Batsuit and I was pumped for another character.... They will sell a lot of these rdue to people that missed the first one and people that have no self control at SDCC lol

That's fine, but it's the same sculpt :lol Give us a updated sculpt with the same expression, and how cheap to not give us a second head sculpt...

there are some modifications to it, especially the hair, and if the paint is better, which it appears much better, and tailoring upgrades, then its a good upgrade for people who didnt get it. Granted these are promo pics, not in-hand pics, so cant really pass that much judgement on how good or bad it is until we see final production pieces, just like always with every release.

People who already have v1, they aren't forcing any of you to buy this. Its really for people who never got it, or who like getting upgrades, or who are completist TDK & Joker collectors. Or just people are now discovering HTs which those people pop up every single day. And there is nothing wrong with having both if you choose to have both. We all collect for different reasons.

But i see this mainly for people who didnt get v1. And if this one comes out better than v1, then thats good for them.

Sure its also for HTs to make $$, but this is their business. thats what they do for a living. if they didnt make $$, then none of us would have any figures. They make lots of high qulaity figures every single year, if 1 or 2 of these figures happen to be a re-release with upgraded production, nothing wrong with that. But i know, first emotional reaction by everyone is to Freak out that its a re-release, but dont consider others who may not have gotten it.

Because that is the typical price point now. I don't know why some people pay that much for the Predator releases but you know what I don't do?

Go on the Predator threads and whine about it.

Feel free to justify your purchases however you damn well please. Boring.

I'm actually asking a valid question.

chubbyman;6920012]We won't know until in hand pics but from the looks of it, V1 holds up quite well to this. The Tailoring is the only needed change. The head they used was just lazy, they could have given us a new headsculpt for a toyfair exclusive, you'd think that's what makes it EXCLUSIVE, but nope...all recycled. This is a perfect chance to share my V1 pictures :)

Man that head sculpt is horrible Chubbyman I would be embarrassed to show people on this site, send it to me and I will throw it in fire for you. Please make sure you package it securely and mark it fragile....

Man that head sculpt is horrible Chubbyman I would be embarrassed to show people on this site, send it to me and I will throw it in fire for you. Please make sure you package it securely and mark it fragile....

That's a bit harsh.

Ahh yes the MRM headsculpt. So what happened to all the other MRM customers? Did they get their money back?

I believe it was last year Imsquared came out with an extreme realistic 1/4 joker head sculpt. He only made three of them. Since its already been more than half a year since release, I'm assuming he sold all of them, so I believe what I say now won't affect his sales. You know what happened to those three joker grails?? Some guy purchased just one for $7000 dollars, and he MADE Imsquared promise not to sell the other two for less than $7000. Talk about a crab mentality *******.

can i order this joker on the HT site also or is that only for people from HK and stores?

I never thought I'd go kind of defending one of this year's TFE's being another IM figure. Yes, it's a repaint of an amalgam of multiple armors, but at least it's a different Suit Mark on its own. It just so happened that most of the IM3 armor designs are mix-and-match of armors new and old but that's Marvel Studio's doing which only became an opportunity for HT to make more money without having to exert a lot of effort. It's Mark XX, not VII 2.0, not XXIX 2.0.

Like I mentioned in the previous threads I can't blame HT for going back to their sure-fire hit line up this year, after the slow-moving TFEs of 2012 and 2013. But surely they could have done something else instead of another BRJ? Perhaps a ninja Bruce Wayne?

Well then, maybe I'll be able to sell my V1 for a decent price after all :lol:

there are some modifications to it, especially the hair, and if the paint is better, which it appears much better, and tailoring upgrades, then its a good upgrade for people who didnt get it. Granted these are promo pics, not in-hand pics, so cant really pass that much judgement on how good or bad it is until we see final production pieces, just like always with every release.

People who already have v1, they aren't forcing any of you to buy this. Its really for people who never got it, or who like getting upgrades, or who are completist TDK & Joker collectors. Or just people are now discovering HTs which those people pop up every single day. And there is nothing wrong with having both if you choose to have both. We all collect for different reasons.

But i see this mainly for people who didnt get v1. And if this one comes out better than v1, then thats good for them.

Sure its also for HTs to make $$, but this is their business. thats what they do for a living. if they didnt make $$, then none of us would have any figures. They make lots of high qulaity figures every single year, if 1 or 2 of these figures happen to be a re-release with upgraded production, nothing wrong with that. But i know, first emotional reaction by everyone is to Freak out that its a re-release, but dont consider others who may not have gotten it.

It's great for those who didn't get the original and it's a better offer than paying $500 on ebay for the old one. But I sold my BR Joker for$400 last year because I wanted an updated version, DX11. I just see this as a missed opportunity because the costume looks better, the accessories look better, the backdrop is nice, but for those people like me who didn't like the original sculpt, it's pointless to pay $240 for an outdated head sculpt with better paint...and it's not even accurate to the scene. The makeup should be clean...and it would've been cool to get a sculpt with a smile like when he says, "what doesn't kill make you stranger." Like I said, missed opportunity. LAME.

That's a pretty bad shot of the original, but it does look like they massaged that seam a bit. Having said that, the prototype Hong repainted before had a nice hairline, too, and really seems to be the basis for what they're doing here:

JChong_repaintedJoker_04.jpg

Are we sure it's not the same exact sculpt? :lol

Can we get a side by side, anyone??

You know with all the stuff that hot toys is putting out its getting harder to justify these kinds of purchase unless you don't have the figure to begin with and you need a joker in you collection.. But still this should have had at least an updated sclupt if they are seriously going to charge 200 and up for it.

It seems they are using this strategy captain america winter solider get a whole new figure instead of including the second sclupt. I am not in to figures wearing casual were so bruce wayne in a suit does nothing for me but again if you want the bruce wayne sclupt they force you in to getting the deluxe deal. Captain harlock comes with no acessories yet if you want that cool chair it double the amount price. Not long ago sweeny todd which was not even a dx came with a fancy back drop and chair.

This is getting old

Last edited:
This sculpt was great back in 2009. It was amazing and there was nothing like it in 1/6 scale. I remember the first time I saw it in a local comic store. The guy took me to a back room and opened a box and he said, "Check this out. Tony. This is a sight to behold." And I saw the figure and bought it, but that was 5 or 6 years ago. The DX 11 gave us the same paint design on a better sculpt, so this figure is good, but it could be a lot better with an updated sculpt, which they did for the clown head/mask.

This sculpt was great back in 2009. It was amazing and there was nothing like it in 1/6 scale. I remember the first time I saw it in a local comic store. The guy took me to a back room and opened a box a he said, "Check this out. Tony. This is a sight to behold." And I saw the figure and bought it, but that was5 or 6 years ago. The DX 11 gave us the same paint design on a better sculpt, so this figure is good, but it could be a lot better with an updated sculpt, which they did for the clown head/mask.

Bank Robber Joker is the first HT I ever saw - someone had posted it in the TDK thread on Superhero Hype. I didn't buy it at the time ($150 for a toy? Ridiculous!), but it got me interested in 1/6, and led me here. My initial reaction to seeing the publicity shots for it is still the most blown away I've ever been by a figure.

So it's funny how times change, where when I saw the pics on Facebook last night, I actually laughed out of the ridiculousness of this release.

It's got some pros - the weathering on the mask is better than the bright white original, and the paint seems better (if that's the paint we actually get), but other than that... zzzzz.

I remember that Hot Toys offered these TDK figures through Diamond and I got a 35% discount for preordering. I think I paid like $120 for the original Bank Robber Joker and Two Face. I sold them a long time ago though. To bad that relationship didn't last. Sideshow doesn't offer good discounts like that.

Back