1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get the feeling that anyone bad-mouthing this figure or looking for things to complain about are people who have the DX11 or the first robber version.

The DX11 was a beautiful release. Beautiful. But it sold like absolute gang-busters and a lot of people missed out.....this is an opportunity for many fans to pick-up a Ledger-version Joker. That's how I think it's justifiable.

The sculpt on this - from the pics of course - is what we've come to expect from Hot Toys. Even with what appears to be a seam in the hair. The natural flesh tones at the wrinkles, the faint running of the make-up, it's incredible. The hairline is much more natural looking than previous Hot Toys releases. And I haven't even begun on the accessories or the Bozo mask.

It's all in how you look at it - if you have the 1st robber version and you've loved it the last 4 years, what do you care? If you think the upgrade is big enough and it bothers you, buy the new one.

Also, I scouted the net....there does NOT seem to be a seam present in the hair.

Wondering if the one that was posted was a custom PERS?

Welcome Rowdy!

I went for this one...don't have a previous version and this looked like a good chance to get a version of the character I liked.
Wished it were a little less expensive, and I knocked it down a bit using some rewards points so that wouldn't sting quite as much.

There have been some decent pictures of it showing up on line and more to come as Sideshow is finally shipping it out....

Is this the perfect version of the character? Of course not...I wish the mask was available separately like the previous version had in addition to the fixed version that's included here but...it looks like a good figures of the character to me and I'm looking forward to having it next week.

Hope to see some more pics of this one as he starts hitting more stateside....

Thanks for the welcome! I'm a fairly new collector and started to get more serious over the last year. It helps when you're out of school and working and got a little money.

I was a little surprised at the price - it costs me 50 bucks more than the Joker Mime one and that was a DX.

I actually prefer the mask head sculpt - a real mask on a 12 inch figure is difficult to look natural. And the snaps broke easily on the first version.

I suppose it would be cool to have the mask as a separate accessory as well so he can hold it in his hand but no biggie to me.

Excited to get mine this Wednesday. After this, I'll just need to find the original Joker DX to get the Honor Guard look, and my Hot Toys Bat-Figure collection will be complete. (Notice, I didn't say vehicle collection. Way behind in that department.)

I can see the joint......that's why I was asking if it was a custom PERS. Other pics I see on the net, I don't see the seam/join. Maybe it's lightning, who knows. Not a huge deal, but it would be a little odd to have a seam for a figure that didn't have PERS. Guess we'll find out soon!

Here's the link to one such picture I'm referring to (which looks absolutely insane!!):

https://cdn07.olx.ph/20140702174726-6755c3f2af85420cb172e8d80e63c408.jpg

I can see the joint......that's why I was asking if it was a custom PERS. Other pics I see on the net, I don't see the seam/join. Maybe it's lightning, who knows. Not a huge deal, but it would be a little odd to have a seam for a figure that didn't have PERS. Guess we'll find out soon!

Here's the link to one such picture I'm referring to (which looks absolutely insane!!):

https://cdn07.olx.ph/20140702174726-6755c3f2af85420cb172e8d80e63c408.jpg

The pic you quoted is a hand painted sample of the first BRJ from 2008. It changed in production.

Back