1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 241-Captain America:TWS-Winter Soldier 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I originally had the same issue of not succeeding in just sliding the sheaths off. What I ended up doing was cutting a small segment out of the back of the plastic clip that holds the sheath onto the belt just wide enough to get the sheaths off. You don't want to cut too much off as then the sheaths probably won't stay securely onto the new belt. Hope that helps :duff
Awesome.
1.) what did you use to cut it?
2.) based on my did cut top of clip or the side (like it would slide on like a paper clip)

Attachments

• 5BC12611-B2EB-4035-BCAD-6F7A009BD855.jpeg
    5BC12611-B2EB-4035-BCAD-6F7A009BD855.jpeg
    183 KB · Views: 0
Awesome.
1.) what did you use to cut it?
2.) based on my did cut top of clip or the side (like it would slide on like a paper clip)
I used a standard x-acto/hobby knife and just scored it repetitively until I got through.

Based on your pic, I cut on the top, down the center, from one end to the other, where I put the green line. Though, I guess there is no problem cutting on the side. This was just easier for me to cut this way since I could lay it flat like you have in the pic.

1701244128488.png

I used a standard x-acto/hobby knife and just scored it repetitively until I got through.

Based on your pic, I cut on the top, down the center, from one end to the other, where I put the green line. Though, I guess there is no problem cutting on the side. This was just easier for me to cut this way since I could lay it flat like you have in the pic.

View attachment 676027
Thank you for the information. I look into getting that x-acto knife soon. Used that a lot in high school.

Sorry for cannibalizing.
I actually, finally picked one up, for an absolute steal, cause it includes a diecast .50cal.

Damage to the pleather seems reasonable and fixable with something I googled. Updates soon (hopefully).

So, seller was a proper d***splash.
In short:

- found the listing, even had the Barrett .50cal, 320 bucks.
- wrote and asked him what the state of the pleather was. Not the worst case ever seen, but still disheartening. and it wasn't shown in the offer Passed.
- he asked what I would take it for, as is, told him 280. Alternate offer from him, 280, accepted. "BOOM", I thought.
- later I thought to myself (I got a wonky head, sometimes) if I even accepted the correct one now. Checked different offers, then his: he erased the .50cal and sentence on it
- Asked him, it "fell" and broke and is no longer part of the deal. But HE didn't say anything.
- After a lot of back and forth where I asked him (among other things), why he didn't say anything and him saying that it's not part of the original figure anyway, he graciously opted on sending the parts.
- After me saying I want 10 bucks back, he miraculously "repaired" it

Sent it 2 days ago, today it arrived:

- no damage to the .50cal. My thoughts: he wanted to keep it and push the price, since my 280 were too low. Could've said something, but it's not my responsibility for people to just talk like adults
- nameplate fell off the stand
- neck connector slightly broken, head loose
- pleather state was about the same, except the neck part was a bit rougher

Asked him why he didn't say more about the state of the figure and after another round of back and fourth I just said: "Look, send me 20 bucks as a partial reimbursement and I stop argueing this instant." Done.

That guy's name is etched into the back of my head. Never doing business with that dude again.
Watch out for "sammytde" on eBay.

Pics once I got the leather paint and cospaint.

Back