1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 241-Captain America:TWS-Winter Soldier 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just unboxed mine after moving, and have discovered several issues.

?€? Button missing from one of the pouches.

?€? Chest harness strap came unglued.

?€? Strap above elbow on right arm came unglued.

?€? Pleather on right arm sleeve is peeling.

Another perplexing issue is that all the straps seem to be completely resistant to super glue. I have never experienced anything that resists super glue. What adhesive are you guys using for repairs? It would suck to have to sew these straps together.

All these issues are such a bummer, because this figure is one of my favorites.

Similar to mine right now:

* Button fell off chest, but I found it and superglued it back on

* Chest harness strap came unglued, glue has turned yellow and hard/disintegrating

* Pleather on right arm has torn away where the strap around his elbow is attached

* glue for two of the belt pouches has also turned yellow and they're falling away

I'd jump on an improved re-release. But I might get some fabric glue to see what I can repair on the old one.

Picked this guy up for a deal. Couple of the straps are loose, so going to fix them when I my next day off.
One thing I noticed with mine, the masked head sculpt doesn't seem to like the neck peg, sits a bit loose and doesn't go on all the way. The unmasked one goes on nicely.

Hey guys - just wanted to share since I haven't seen it posted anywhere yet. But, I recently picked up the 1/6 DeGaotoys Winter Soldier clothing set to replace my flaking HT set and it's pretty dang close to the HT. All the guns fit perfectly. The back holster on the harness is a little tight though, so be careful there.

The main differences are:
  • there isn't really any weathering on the pants and knee pads
  • the silver accent pieces on the outer vest are vinyl type fabric instead of the plastic like HT
  • the buckles on the the harness are plastic instead of metal, but the harness does have the holster for the back gun in the more accurate place, which is a cool plus.
  • it's missing the sheaths for the knives at the back of the belt.
BUT for only about $80-90 depending on where you order from, I think it's a fantastic deal especially compared to the $200 or more it would cost to get the whole thing done in real leather. I actually paid (and wasted) a little over $200 for the Rise customs leather set and it fit horribly. So to me, this is a great deal especially if yours has flaked and/or the glue has dried out on all the pouches and straps. I'll probably weather up the pants at a later date. I did move the rear knife sheaths from the HT belt onto the new on and now the figure is practically brand new again. I will say, that before I completed the set up, I did put some pleather protectant onto all the leathery parts to hopefully help prolong the lifespan.

I got mine off Ali Express from Model Room. You can find it from other sellers on eBay as well but the price is higher there than Ali Express.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...711238903!sea!US!0&curPageLogUid=6owU5etQwcbp

Last edited:
I’m still got my original suit and figure
Had to do repair on some parts over the years but over all I’m still very happy with the figure and hope Hot Toys do 2.0.
-Chest Strap (Re-glue to correct position)
-Pleather on the suit (Strip all pleather then painted with Acrylic Leather Paint)
Knee pad (Re-Glue)

9CA24CED-B3A1-4A55-B886-4C7C4049C982.jpeg

Attachments

• 57ABC4DA-CE2A-42C2-A85B-67D39FA396F3.jpeg
    57ABC4DA-CE2A-42C2-A85B-67D39FA396F3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 8586D3BB-954F-41D7-A4C2-D7F5BAA25636.jpeg
    8586D3BB-954F-41D7-A4C2-D7F5BAA25636.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 484E92B3-F05E-4D06-AC76-14E6FB6A253A.jpeg
    484E92B3-F05E-4D06-AC76-14E6FB6A253A.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 82D34A55-91CF-4FCC-9E7A-18619F430D43.jpeg
    82D34A55-91CF-4FCC-9E7A-18619F430D43.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • F8D27F5D-3CC9-4E85-9DB4-3A09CC0E8F6A.jpeg
    F8D27F5D-3CC9-4E85-9DB4-3A09CC0E8F6A.jpeg
    502.4 KB · Views: 0
Nice work. I did the Angelus acrylic leather paint as well but didn't like the end result. Doesn't make it look like leather, just deeper black fabric with a bit of a shine to it (depending on how many layers you do). It's a good cost effective option for sure, but for accuracy, it's a but off. I've seen some just use some black fabric dye and while that looks good too, you end up dying the whole thing and lose the purple/grey parts of the vest and sleeve.

For me personally, this new replacement set was a good middle ground between the Angelus paints route and the GeeWhiz customs route. I'll try to post a pic sometime this week of the end result.

With that said, I wouldn't mind a 2.0 from HT of this figure.

Last edited:
Nice work. I did the Angelus acrylic leather paint as well but didn't like the end result. Doesn't make it look like leather, just deeper black fabric with a bit of a shine to it (depending on how many layers you do). It's a good cost effective option for sure, but for accuracy, it's a but off. I've seen some just use some black fabric dye and while that looks good too, you end up dying the whole thing and lose the purple/grey parts of the vest and sleeve.

For me personally, this new replacement set was a good middle ground between the Angelus paints route and the GeeWhiz customs route. I'll try to post a pic sometime this week of the end result.

With that said, I wouldn't mind a 2.0 from HT of this figure.
I own 2 of the original....holding up well - but, the day will come when not :horror . I sourced flathead round studs (2mm and 3mm) off the 'bay way back, in case. But yeah - HT could re-do the work-of-art IW Bucky sculpt and include the Gerber knife, this time.

Sometimes I think re peeling, when it happens, maybe I'd be better off pulling all the coating off and just recoating the entire fabric with vinyl fabric paint or whatever. Not a job I'm looking forward to.

I did the acrylic paintover for this figure, Vader and Neo. Now hunting for other great rare figures which I can get at a clearance price in hand to do this, thinking about Punisher and Yondu next! Happy enough with the results I got, no worries about flaking forever.

Hey guys - just wanted to share since I haven't seen it posted anywhere yet. But, I recently picked up the 1/6 DeGaotoys Winter Soldier clothing set to replace my flaking HT set and it's pretty dang close to the HT. All the guns fit perfectly. The back holster on the harness is a little tight though, so be careful there.

• the silver accent pieces on the outer vest are vinyl type fabric instead of the plastic like HT
  • the buckles on the the harness are plastic instead of metal, but the harness does have the holster for the back gun in the more accurate place, which is a cool plus.
BUT for only about $80-90 depending on where you order from, I think it's a fantastic deal especially compared to the $200 or more it would cost to get the whole thing done in real leather. I actually paid (and wasted) a little over $200 for the Rise customs leather set and it fit horribly. So to me, this is a great deal especially if yours has flaked and/or the glue has dried out on all the pouches and straps. I'll probably weather up the pants at a later date. I did move the rear knife sheaths from the HT belt onto the new on and now the figure is practically brand new again. I will say, that before I completed the set up, I did put some pleather protectant onto all the leathery parts to hopefully help prolong the lifespan.

I got mine off Ali Express from Model Room. You can find it from other sellers on eBay as well but the price is higher there than Ali Express.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...711238903!sea!US!0&curPageLogUid=6owU5etQwcbp

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
No reason to apologize! I was super skeptical when I started ordering from ali express too!

Some pointers are try to find someone with positive feedback in the mid to high 90% and see the reviews the ppl have left on the product page. They’re pretty good at posting in hand pics of whatever they ordered in their reviews too usually.

Shipping: usually takes about a week or so for the seller to actually ship then another 2 weeks, give it take, for it to arrive. If you’ve ever ordered anything from China on eBay, it’s very similar to that experience. They’ll use speedpak, 4PX, orange connex, something along those lines to ship, and then once it comes to the US, it will eventually get transferred to your local USPS for the final leg of delivery. You can use apps like Packages, 17Track and AfterShip to track the pacakage. I use all 3 simultaneously.

Make sure to always pay with PayPal though, so you have buyer protection just in case the worst should happen. Knock on wood, I’ve had pretty good experiences but have only ordered about 10 things from there. I use it more to find transformers that have sold out at my other retailers. I’ve only recently started using to find 1/6 stuff b/c I’ve realized I’ve been overpaying on eBay :lol Also, much like eBay, even though you’re buying overseas, you still have to pay US tax on your order.

Lastly, don’t fall for the cheaply listed HT figures. They’ll use HT images until you get to the very last couple of pics and you see it’s a bad KO :lol or it’s a real HT figure and looks cheap until you see how much they’re charging for shipping.

Let me know if you have other questions, and I’ll do my best to answer :)

No reason to apologize! I was super skeptical when I started ordering from ali express too!

Some pointers are try to find someone with positive feedback in the mid to high 90% and see the reviews the ppl have left on the product page. They’re pretty good at posting in hand pics of whatever they ordered in their reviews too usually.

Shipping: usually takes about a week or so for the seller to actually ship then another 2 weeks, give it take, for it to arrive. If you’ve ever ordered anything from China on eBay, it’s very similar to that experience. They’ll use speedpak, 4PX, orange connex, something along those lines to ship, and then once it comes to the US, it will eventually get transferred to your local USPS for the final leg of delivery. You can use apps like Packages, 17Track and AfterShip to track the pacakage. I use all 3 simultaneously.

Make sure to always pay with PayPal though, so you have buyer protection just in case the worst should happen. Knock on wood, I’ve had pretty good experiences but have only ordered about 10 things from there. I use it more to find transformers that have sold out at my other retailers. I’ve only recently started using to find 1/6 stuff b/c I’ve realized I’ve been overpaying on eBay :lol Also, much like eBay, even though you’re buying overseas, you still have to pay US tax on your order.

Lastly, don’t fall for the cheaply listed HT figures. They’ll use HT images until you get to the very last couple of pics and you see it’s a bad KO :lol or it’s a real HT figure and looks cheap until you see how much they’re charging for shipping.

Let me know if you have other questions, and I’ll do my best to answer :)

Many thanks! :D(y) Good to know, I speculated they would use those couriers, based on the times I ordered from overseas (such as Kit, TBA).

I also got the suit replacement and am very happy with the results!
D0CF6ABA-0EAB-410B-BDB5-FC32BEB4DE30.jpg

My only complaint with the set is that you have to futz around with the chest holster to get it to sit right. This wasn't as much of a problem with the original because it was sewn in on one of the shoulders and didn't move around. A minor problem IMO compared to having to look at peeling pleather.

Wow, I didn't know his suit disintegrating was such a widespread issue - I bought mine second-hand and it still looks perfect.
With that said that replacement set looks good and I may well pick it up as backup in case the inevitable occurs.
With that said, a 2.0 with real leather and an updated head sculpt (im thinking the maskless but no eye-shadow looks from the "who the hell is Bucky?" scene) would be awesome and an instant buy.

Wow, I didn't know his suit disintegrating was such a widespread issue - I bought mine second-hand and it still looks perfect.
With that said that replacement set looks good and I may well pick it up as backup in case the inevitable occurs.
With that said, a 2.0 with real leather and an updated head sculpt (im thinking the maskless but no eye-shadow looks from the "who the hell is Bucky?" scene) would be awesome and an instant buy.

A 2.0 would be a must get!!

Finally took some pics of mine. I bought it second hand as well but mine was in pretty bad shape which is why I got it so cheap :LOL:

I put him on the Civil War body with the 3rd Party set as well as gave him Star Lord bare hands as they hide the wrist joint better. The chest harness is from the original figure as I liked the metal buckles more especially after painstakingly removing the rust on them and all the nasty, orange, dried up glue barely holding it together. Also gave him the journal/notebook that came with the Zemo/Aristocrat figure. The base might be from that too, but it will get replaced eventually with a hex stand to match with other Marvel figures.

IMG_9747.jpeg

IMG_9746.jpeg

I would add to that a proper chrome arm with the dirt and grime like what they put on the S2 Mandalorian chrome armor and movable eyes. They would look and work really well on the masked headsculpt since the face is nearly all covered up

My jacket fell apart too. I just removed it and displayed the figure without the jacket. I glued the machine gun that was on the back of his jacket to the black turtleneck under the jacket. Still looks very cool. Sucks though, that the jacket disintegrated.

s-l1600.jpg

How did you move rear knife sheaths from the HT belt onto the new belt?. I tried sliding off the old belt but couldn’t do so I cut off the piece of the belt the that the knife sheath wouldn’t slide past .

Thinking great I slide this sheath on the new nope can’t same problem as previous. I would appreciate info you got to assist me Ty.

Back