Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did 2-day shipping for mine so he should be in Minnesota tomorrow. That is unless our predicted 12" of snow doesn't ground him in Iowa.

Isn't that like $40-$50? I know I'm farther east than you but I think 2 day to me here was quoted $65 the last time I tried to expedite my order.

Bash the scene when Logan visits the old dying Yashida. It is similar look to origins with with beater, button down and blazer / sport coat. Layers should help "hide" the smaller body while keeping the look movie accurate.

I was thinking of maybe going back into comic book history.

https://www.wolverinefiles.com/009-world-war-ii/

There's the Indiana Jones look...

logan-madripoor.jpg

But maybe the D-Day Logan from Wolverine #78 (Feb 1994):

logan-d-day.jpg

Here you go
First thing I did was try the vest look out, thought he looked way to skinny. so suited him back up. The vest is also terrible it's too baggy so I removed it when I suited him back up.

IMG_77515345057744_zpsc25e5936.jpeg

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Wow. That picture clearly proves that the body is way too small. I've decided I'm going to pass on this one. I have no interest in paying over $200 for a figure and then spending money on top of that to make it right. To hell with that. If Hot Toys can't get it right, they're not getting my money.

Wow. That picture clearly proves that the body is way too small. I've decided I'm going to pass on this one. I have no interest in paying over $200 for a figure and then spending money on top of that to make it right. To hell with that. If Hot Toys can't get it right, they're not getting my money.

It's a shame he's so skinny but suited and booted he looks the business, here's the pic I posted the other day.

IMG_20140218_202405_zps7392ad13.jpg

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

The body has to be that small to make all the layers look correct. The main look of the figure is with all the clothes on. The tank top is a secondary look. If they hadn't included the clothing for it people would have complained. If they would have made the body larger, then the suit look wouldn't have looked good and people would have complained. There is no way to make everyone happy.

If people really only want the tank top and pants look, then wait a few weeks and buy the separate parts and then get a body that is more fitting to the look. I'll bet its cheaper then the stock figure. Or buy the figure and sell off all the parts. Profit may be enough to pay for the custom bash.

How is the joint articulation in hips of your wolvie? Is it loose? Or tight in the hips area?

My knees and hips were pretty loose out of the box[/QUOTE]

Sorry got busy. It does seem kind of loose but was still able to pose him fairly well.

Just got my UPS email, should be here Tuesday. I'm probably stealing Stealth V3teran's pose when it gets in.

I'm seriously considering getting this figure, I'm a huge wolverine fan. I'm new to collecting & have planned batman only, but wolverine I may make the exception. I was gonna wait a while but a figure like this does it sell out quick?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The body has to be that small to make all the layers look correct. The main look of the figure is with all the clothes on. The tank top is a secondary look. If they hadn't included the clothing for it people would have complained. If they would have made the body larger, then the suit look wouldn't have looked good and people would have complained. There is no way to make everyone happy.

If people really only want the tank top and pants look, then wait a few weeks and buy the separate parts and then get a body that is more fitting to the look. I'll bet its cheaper then the stock figure. Or buy the figure and sell off all the parts. Profit may be enough to pay for the custom bash.

Amen. The "omg its so skinny" is old hat. If the body was buff the clothes wouldnt look right. It would be nice to have a beefier body but its not going to happen with these figs unless they make one specifically for a shirtless look. I cant see that happening. I personally am jumping on the train of HT making a beefier TTM-19. What they need to do is make one with seamless arms like the new Light Armor Thor and give the body a more muscular stature. TTM-19 is cut but it is still a light build. We def need a beefier one for more accurate customs.

I get loads of people saying if HT wants their money then the fig should look like that from the start but it isnt going to happen. They have to make the bodies based on the outfits. If we are lucky HT will listen to us and make a more muscular TTM. Thats the only way people are going to get the ripped version of Wolvy in tank top or shirtless. But then we could make tons more figs based off of that. I bet HT would surely make money on that one.

For those who are complaining about the body, keep in mind that this guy has 5 layers of clothing on him. And hugh jackman really bulked up since origins.
The real question we need to ask here is why HT decided to make the funeral scene/suit as the primary look, is the complete suit from coulson and all parts are recycled to lower RD?
For me they could just make the ninja battle coat and wife beater and tha'll be a more iconic wolverine than what we have now

Back