Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since this figure is just begging for a bone claws bash, I'm trying to put together everything I need for an origins-inspired look.

Here's what I have so-far:

Body: https://www.ebay.com/itm/131022450800

Jacket: https://www.ebay.com/itm/131050616607

Shirt: https://www.ebay.com/itm/141119636017

I will use the extra boots and claws that came with the Hot Toys figure, but I'm still trying to track down a good pair of jeans and a new headsculpt. Has anybody seen the headplay sculpt for MMS220 yet? Does anybody have a favorite Go-To sculpt for wolvie bashes? Also, any recommendations on the jeans?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I just repainted the stache and chin area. The non acetone remover will strip the skin tones off too.

I also repainted the beard and hair since it was so dark in the film. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

Nick...

Can you tell me what brand of paint you used and what the color is called? Your repaint color looks like a perfect skin tone match. Id love to have that so I can stop mixing colors.

Thanks

Nick...

Can you tell me what brand of paint you used and what the color is called? Your repaint color looks like a perfect skin tone match. Id love to have that so I can stop mixing colors.

Thanks

It's a mix of citadel paints. Several different colors and layers unfortunately

FreedomandGlory, this was posted in the custom Wolverine thread yesterday.

Thanks Samwise! (My name is actually Sam, and friends call me Samwise all the time... funny)

That looks even better than the picture on ebay. I think that's probably what I'll do for the second head!

u7ezahun.jpg
avehyha9.jpg

I've decided the body is NOT undersized. The head just sits too high on the neck when he's not wearing the suit to offset it visually. Check out this pic:

Wolverine-1.jpg

What do you guys think? Can somebody who has him in Tank configuration take a pick from a similar angle for comparison? :pray:

(I don't want to take his suit back off... finally got it futzed the way I want it!)

Thanks Samwise! (My name is actually Sam, and friends call me Samwise all the time... funny)

That looks even better than the picture on ebay. I think that's probably what I'll do for the second head!

Ha! That's great! Nice to meet you Sam. Samwise is just my favorite LOTR character; that's cool your friends call you that. What an honor.

About Wolverine, I plan to pose mine in the tank top and not use the neck peg. I think that will help a lot to shorten his neck. I just can't decide if I want him in the Origins coat and regular jeans too. I don't really like the look of the very slim brown pants he has.

Ha! That's great! Nice to meet you Sam. Samwise is just my favorite LOTR character; that's cool your friends call you that. What an honor.

About Wolverine, I plan to pose mine in the tank top and not use the neck peg. I think that will help a lot to shorten his neck. I just can't decide if I want him in the Origins coat and regular jeans too. I don't really like the look of the very slim brown pants he has.

I think the Origins coat will basically eliminate the giraffe-neck issue by itself. Does anybody have any recommendations for 1/6 jeans for an origins-style bash? I am completely clueless as to what will fit right and what won't. I don't want to order a dud!

I think the Origins coat will basically eliminate the giraffe-neck issue by itself. Does anybody have any recommendations for 1/6 jeans for an origins-style bash? I am completely clueless as to what will fit right and what won't. I don't want to order a dud!

I'm wondering what jeans too. I'm sure the ebay link that was just posted will fit him, but I'm looking for some a little more modern looking. The last couple years, the tailoring and material has gotten a lot better with most companies. I'll post hear if I find something.
Also, the pic I posted from the other thread; the guy said he pulled out the neck peg and just has the head sitting on the neck in that pic. I think he looks perfect that way.

I've decided the body is NOT undersized. The head just sits too high on the neck when he's not wearing the suit to offset it visually. Check out this pic:

View attachment 97310

What do you guys think? Can somebody who has him in Tank configuration take a pick from a similar angle for comparison? :pray:

(I don't want to take his suit back off... finally got it futzed the way I want it!)

Almost all the headsculpts ever produced be it in 1:6 or 1:4 or any scale can be considered undersized. Just like how a head is usually drawn particularly in comicbooks. That's because proportion is albeit idealized in the arts (including toys and action figures -- I considered them art, after all, these are facsimiles of sculptures that we are collecting), as that is what is more favorably conceived by our eyes upon looking. Hence in some anatomy books there's the regular (realistic) scale of 7.5 heads while there's the "idealistic" which is 8 heads tall and the "heroic" scale which is 9. The "heroic" scale is what's often used by artists for comic art and statues. It is done because as weird as it sounds, the realistic sometimes don't translate well in print or sculpt form.

Same is true with figures. Realistically speaking, the human head is "big", we just don't perceive it as such as it's the norm. However, we're used to seeing the idealized scale of the head on action figures and statues, hence when HT seemed to start doing a "more proper" scale of their figures' heads, the figures look like bobble heads when naked. This is why when you look at photos of Jackman as Wolverine you'd realize that the scale of the figure's head vs body isn't really off.

No sure if I made sense :lol but I guess I could just paraphrase Alex Ross when he talked about his art once (why he also exaggerates proportions at times). He said the more realistic he draws, the less believable the characters become.

Back