1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 217-The Lone Ranger-Tonto 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent pose Gipetto! So I've been awaiting your full depp shelf reveal, but it looks to me that you have a depp detolf!! Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent pose Gipetto! So I've been awaiting your full depp shelf reveal, but it looks to me that you have a depp detolf!! Haha!

Thanks bro :hi5:

And I know man, I'm sorry, I've been meaning to take a pic! :slap

I'll get on that this weekend :wink1: and yep I do! well two shel'ves dedicated to Depp but I may need to make it :horror: I will say this though, I have 11 Depp figures, 3 of which are WIPs. I'll be starting another soon too which will make 12 all together :lol

Good to know, thanks.

no problem :duff

Last edited:
William Blake + Ichabob Crane and you'll be there lol. A Sam from Benny and Joon would be dope, loved that movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got him in today and he is fantastic! love it from top to bottom!

Here's a terrible quick display pic:

10419479_10203284997178564_7966368729883810063_n.jpg

Grats G.
Was really torn and was sad to cancel this. The figure is magnificent.
I'm just running out of room so had to be extremely picky from now on.
Still want Ichabod if HT doesnt abandon it.
Dang, you have quite of bit of Depp figures man.
That's pretty cool, I'm a big fan of the guy also. Very talented.

William Blake + Ichabob Crane and you'll be there lol. A Sam from Benny and Joon would be dope, loved that movie.
Man I LOVE Benny and Joon! That is a great figure idea! :hi5: Going to start looking for parts when the next payday comes around :yess:

I won't be getting William Blake unfortunately. Just couldn't see spending nearly $800 on any fig even for Depp :monkey2

Still holding out for Ichabod :pray:
Let's not forget a Glen Lantz from A Nightmare on Elm St.
I think I can live w/o that one :lol I'm not big on horror movies :lol I've seen A Nightmare on Elm St. once and that was enough for me haha
Grats G.
Was really torn and was sad to cancel this. The figure is magnificent.
I'm just running out of room so had to be extremely picky from now on.
Still want Ichabod if HT doesnt abandon it.
Dang, you have quite of bit of Depp figures man.
That's pretty cool, I'm a big fan of the guy also. Very talented.
Thanks man! :duff:

I feel you on running out of room. I sold so much stuff and really cracked down this time. The only non Depp/Superman figures I have are HT Kevin Flynn and HT Sam Flynn on lightcycle. I'm making the exception for Maleficent too though :D

and I know Depp isn't everyone's cup of tea but he's my favorite actor which is why I have so many figures 5 of which are customs and I've got more customs on the way

Owners of Tonto…..his neck looks long how is he in hand. The prototype at last years SDCC looked proportioned and well put together. Final product looks straight and narrow. I don’t like exposed joints (at not fault of HT’s) so this is a non purchase for me. Something was lost in translation from proto to final. But then again every figure suffers from this!

Fantastic pics Dront! :clap

Owners of Tonto…..his neck looks long how is he in hand. The prototype at last years SDCC looked proportioned and well put together. Final product looks straight and narrow. I don’t like exposed joints (at not fault of HT’s) so this is a non purchase for me. Something was lost in translation from proto to final. But then again every figure suffers from this!
Nothing was really lost actually not from my eyes at least. Only thing I noticed that was different was the armband wasn't painted like the proto

I've answered you first question though previously:
Is it just me, or is his head ginormous?

I was initially worried about that but I think it's just the way it photographs. In OMG's pics the neck looks super long but in hand, the neither seem to be true in hand

Neck looks long, head looks huge in photos, torso is comically chiseled, and the likeness isn't there. Still willing to change my mind if and when I see him in hand.

I don't think I've ever seen a HT thread with only 36 pages... the first 100 are usually bickering before the figure comes out. :lol
I haven't seen the movie but the figure looks great. I really want to see the sculpt underneath the paint.

14507976852_0b767c61cb_o.jpg

Still willing and even eager to eat crow (heh-heh) if I get him in hand somehow, but the more I look at him, the more I am convinced that NECA's, at less than 10% of the cost, is far superior.

The Hot Toys Tonto looks like a doll of some dude doing Tonto cosplay. I'm down with dolls, but $200+ action figures should not resemble dolls.

The Hot Toys materials and paint apps are of course far superior to those on the NECA figure, but as a representation of the character and a likeness of the actor and a cool looking toy, NECA's figure reigns supreme.

14507976852_0b767c61cb_o.jpg

Still willing and even eager to eat crow (heh-heh) if I get him in hand somehow, but the more I look at him, the more I am convinced that NECA's, at less than 10% of the cost, is far superior.

The Hot Toys Tonto looks like a doll of some dude doing Tonto cosplay. I'm down with dolls, but $200+ action figures should not resemble dolls.

The Hot Toys materials and paint apps are of course far superior to those on the NECA figure, but as a representation of the character and a likeness of the actor and a cool looking toy, NECA's figure reigns supreme.

Serious question here...do you one the NECA figure? B/c I do and while the arms are about right, the body looks fat and the features on the face are exaggerated (think the face got warped or something in production).The proto looked too notch I agree with that, but the final product was barely good for what it was which is a $20 figure or $14 which is what I paid for it. I liked it when I bought it from the hype but after awhile I put it back in the box. I can't see how anyone could compare the two and say the NECA is better. But hey, if you prefer the NECA figure, more power to you :duff who am I to try to convince you otherwise :peace your money and you do as you please :)

Back