Hot Toys MMS 145 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V 1/6 limited edition collectible specs + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this pic is amazing.

318935_10150289259647550_546327549_8017351_2141968_n.jpg

Does the face design seem like it was designed by John Romita Junior to anyone else?

Don't ruin it for me. Haha

just my order for this with BBTS. gives me plenty of time to think it over without having to worry about a cancelation fee.

This will be my first IM figure :yess:

Only other one I'll get is the one for the Avengers

I went back and watched that scene today b/c i too originally thought all the silver parts were shinier. but to me, the helmet is all that looks really "chromed out"/ really shiney. the rest of the body, like the above image shows, looks like what HT gave us in terms of paint colors
The metallic finish they gave the Mark II (armor unleashed) is much closer to the silver parts of the Mark V suit on film. Even if it is chrome instead of brushed metal, that's still far closer than matte grey plastic. In the movie still above, the silver parts are clearly no less reflective than the red parts. If anything, they're more reflective. So to give the figure a metallic finish on the red parts but leave the grey parts a flat plastic makes little sense.

302081_209116625817002_138228759572456_608647_4646338_n.jpg

Everyone has their own nitpics. It's just not something I care about. I will try to "fix" the shoulders though like in that mock up I did. Might even do something as destructive as pulling the pauldrons off and re-affixing them in some jerry-rigged fashion like with magnets or something.

DSC09492.jpg

Holy shiznit! :monkey5

20110901103045731.jpg

Nerdgasm commencing . . . :drool

20110901102902647.jpg

I stared at this pic for half a minute asking "why did they include handcuffs?" Then I remembered -- they're for the briefcase! :slap

I've had this sucker on PO since January . . . . can't wait to get him in my greasy mitts. :yess:

________

Like the Mark VI I think I like it best with the battle damaged parts. Makes for a more complex looking figure.

Is the V taller then the other Marks? Looks like it in this photo.

20110901103359786.jpg

Like the Mark VI I think I like it best with the battle damaged parts. Makes for a more complex looking figure.

Is the V taller then the other Marks? Looks like it in this photo.

20110901103359786.jpg

i just envisioned mark V as C3PO rather than c3po himself.

imagine how crazy that would have made star wars?

301956_10150773961890386_567270385_20451291_3948323_n.jpg

In the pics posted on the Hot Toys Fan page, this guy looks super dinky, and no metallic enough., I believe this will be a pass for me since I do not own all the IM figures :D

I think it looks amazing and am so psyched for SS to start shipping:panic:. No doubt that this is going to be the best IM in this line

Don't see why there's such a big fuss over the matte paint. I for one love the grey this way because those shiny, reflective, mirror-like surfaces like the ones found on the back of e ipods are like scratch magnets...once you get dust on that part of the figure and clean it the wrong way, all you see then is scratches. Then the same people would be complaining to HT why they had to use such easily-scratched surfaces on their figures. God the complaints never ends. Haters will always be haters lol. Don't like it then don't buy it. That simple.

Don't see why there's such a big fuss over the matte paint. I for one love the grey this way because those shiny, reflective, mirror-like surfaces like the ones found on the back of e ipods are like scratch magnets...once you get dust on that part of the figure and clean it the wrong way, all you see then is scratches. Then the same people would be complaining to HT why they had to use such easily-scratched surfaces on their figures. God the complaints never ends. Haters will always be haters lol. Don't like it then don't buy it. That simple.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

I'm IN ....matt finish silver and all....geeezzzz amazes me the complaining on here...

I grossly overpaid for one on ebay because I couldn't wait another month. Please don't judge me.

Back